Coopers Community

Today's Tastings - 2024

iBooz2

@kmar92i was trying to think of how to describe the smell of Pride Of Ringwood and not sure except to say, you know that smell when you walk into a classic pub/club/rsl/bowlo type place and go, it smells like beer in here? That’s what POR smells like to me 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

hey all and @Classic Brewing Co

Phil you was lucky i didnt introduce you to this while i was in Adeaide  a beer called Truck & Trailor its 10.4%abv 
its a triple Red Ipa 

Brewer is Fox Fridays

its definately not a beer  for  easy drinking beer drinkers you need to  appreciate this beer  and savour it  in good teku or similar glass   to hold the aroma's and to give you its best  tastes 

i wish this beer was brewed on regulat basis i would   buy a ctn every year.

i may have done review on this in earlier posts  but this  is magicalpixelcut-export-1724408018819.thumb.jpg.0acd4bdd13324305d0d67ca520d94f4f.jpg

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

hey all and @Classic Brewing Co

Phil you was lucky i didnt introduce you to this while i was in Adeaide  a beer called Truck & Trailor its 10.4%abv 
its a triple Red Ipa 

Brewer is Fox Fridays

its definately not a beer  for  easy drinking beer drinkers you need to  appreciate this beer  and savour it  in good teku or similar glass   to hold the aroma's and to give you its best  tastes 

i wish this beer was brewed on regulat basis i would   buy a ctn every year.

i may have done review on this in earlier posts  but this  is magicalpixelcut-export-1724408018819.thumb.jpg.0acd4bdd13324305d0d67ca520d94f4f.jpg

I would be up for that, if you can't walk,  you can always crawl,  but not with my knee.🤪

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, NBillett09 said:

First time I’ve actually had Coopers Sparkling Ale as far as I recall, on special at BWS for $20. Good value these days for 5.8%! Not surprisingly an excellent beer. Light classic POR aroma, pleasant malty flavour, nice finish.

IMG_9699.jpeg

IMG_9700.jpeg

I know, I buy it all of the time at BWS for $20 x 6 pack  & tonight the spy's from Dan Murphy's must have been there & I bought one for $19.99, I  can't believe it, I actually saved .01cent.

• Haha 2

On 8/19/2024 at 7:57 AM, Aussiekraut said:

I always go for local beers, wherever I go. Those Asian beers seem to be extra good as thirst quenchers in steaming climates. When you leave your hotel and cross 2 streets before you are wringing wet and ready for a new t-shirt, a nice cold asian lager is a blessing. In Singapore and Malaysia I lived mainly on Tiger and Singha, in Bali, it was the ubiquitous Bintang of course and some Singaraja. 

These were the thirst quenchers. Stark's in Kuta on Bali has some nice craft beers (even better after walking from Legian all the way to the other side of Kuta in the blistering heat and brutal humidity, fighting off all the street vendors, shop owners and cabs) and Brewerks in Singapore has some very tasty offerings too. 

I might have to try Bali next I think. These were going down very nicely in the heat. And yes after a couple it did help to ignore all the people trying to sell you things 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz II said:

Now this one is a very nice and interesting brew. If you get a chance get one, you won’t regret it. The flavour of a great Hefeweizen with the body and bitterness of a Blonde Ale. And with 6.5% quite punchy

IMG_1605.jpeg

IMG_1606.jpeg

But if an underwhelming response to this brew here. Maybe a further reading creates more excitement…..https://www.weihenstephaner.de/en/news/the-new-braupakt-weihenstephan-with-st-bernardus-when-belgium-and-bavaria-come-together

• Like 1

San Miguel Pale Pilsen, a.k.a. SMB, a.k.a. Pilsen, at the Amelie Hotel in Malate. 2 for 1 all day on Monday (after 2pm)

IMG_20240826_143139737.thumb.jpg.89b45c12fc02370b88c17ec9ba9caf43.jpg

Not a bad beer. I expect to put down a few of these over the next few weeks.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kegory said:

San Miguel Pale Pilsen, a.k.a. SMB, a.k.a. Pilsen, at the Amelie Hotel in Malate. 2 for 1 all day on Monday (after 2pm)

Where is it made? The Philippine one is so good, the HongKong one is ok

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kegory said:

Looks good enjoy yourself over there 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kegory said:

5% a nice drop what did it cost $2

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kegory said:

Wait til you try Red Horse 😉

• Haha 2

Manila Hipster FIPA

IMG_20240827_213959381.thumb.jpg.1168e178a2a13ad5febb8c7a3e6b0800.jpg

Pow, the tropical fruit character is intense.

I'm very tempted to try the pastry stout too but it's a fraught journey back to the hotel 🤪

Edited by Kegory
Superfluity
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2