Coopers Community

Today's Tastings - 2024

iBooz2

5 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I suppose most of you got this email re: Coopers Mild Ale now available in longnecks.

image.thumb.jpeg.626c3209f0772205333e1f8f1364eaf0.jpeg

It is a damn good beer & the price is just a little bit kinder on the wallet. A good fridge filler IMO.

Never tried the mild ale. Maybe I should. The abv has always turned me away.

This on the other hand.

IMG_20240615_141033.jpg

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

Ah I had one a few years ago. It was a very good beer but not for how much I paid for it to be honest. Out of all the Trappist beers I have had which is pretty much all of them my favourite is Rochefort 8.

It’s had to specify a favourite but if I had to I’d go for Westmalle Dubbel, or an Orval.

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, I have always got those in the Bar Fridge or a Pale Ale, XPA, Stout, you know the drill.

Coming down your way in September for Iron Maiden ol sausage. Might have to pop in lovely Glenelg for pre warm up drinks. I'm always one to bring more than needed 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

You better call in or I will hunt you down. 🔭

Done and dusted. I'll give ya date and time. I warn you about Jules though, she can talk the lips off a groper. I swear she was born with two voice boxes, but in a good way 🤣

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Done and dusted. I'll give ya date and time. I warn you about Jules though, she can talk the lips off a groper. I swear she was born with two voice boxes, but in a good way 🤣

Sounds good mate, we all like a bit of chat/atmosphere down here at Phil's Bar & Grill, no boring ******

• Like 1

I went up to Belgium to collect my Westvleteren 8. A few decent tastings too, and a visiti to Chouffe brewery. The guy was really interesting, lots of technical tips as well as a few Dad jokes 😉

I don’t normally bother because I don’t use them but I’ll go online and really recommend the tour on Trip Adviisor.

Also a trip to Bastogne. Eerie place the woods there.

A lot of photos, sorry …

IMG_3275.jpeg

IMG_3276.jpeg

IMG_3277.jpeg

IMG_3278.jpeg

IMG_3283.jpeg

IMG_3286.jpeg

IMG_3287.jpeg

IMG_3288.jpeg

IMG_3289.jpeg

IMG_3291.jpeg

IMG_3300.jpeg

IMG_3301.jpeg

IMG_3302.jpeg

IMG_3266.jpeg

IMG_3267.jpeg

• Like 14

55 minutes ago, stquinto said:

I went up to Belgium to collect my Westvleteren 8. A few decent tastings too, and a visiti to Chouffe brewery. The guy was really interesting, lots of technical tips as well as a few Dad jokes 😉

I don’t normally bother because I don’t use them but I’ll go online and really recommend the tour on Trip Adviisor.

Also a trip to Bastogne. Eerie place the woods there.

A lot of photos, sorry …

IMG_3275.jpeg

IMG_3276.jpeg

IMG_3277.jpeg

IMG_3278.jpeg

IMG_3283.jpeg

IMG_3286.jpeg

IMG_3287.jpeg

IMG_3288.jpeg

IMG_3289.jpeg

IMG_3291.jpeg

IMG_3300.jpeg

IMG_3301.jpeg

IMG_3302.jpeg

IMG_3266.jpeg

IMG_3267.jpeg

Looks very interesting mate, thanks for sharing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

The load for the trip back…

Got through customs ok, normally three slabs per person, we had 8 between two of us 😃

IMG_3309.jpeg

IMG_3311.jpeg

IMG_3312.jpeg

IMG_3310.jpeg

Wow, what a haul Stquinta, at first, I thought you had a bag of dart flights in the boot, but then I realised they were seals.

BTW, you steering wheel is on the wrong side. 🤣

• Haha 3

On 6/17/2024 at 3:47 AM, stquinto said:

The load for the trip back…

Got through customs ok, normally three slabs per person, we had 8 between two of us 😃

IMG_3309.jpeg

IMG_3311.jpeg

IMG_3312.jpeg

IMG_3310.jpeg

That reminds me of a friend of my dad, who was stopped at the border coming back from Italy (that was when there were still hard borders in Europe) with 360 bottles of wine in his car. When they checked his papers they asked if he had anything to declare and he said yes, 360 bottles of wine. The border guy smiled and said: "Yeah right, we've heard that one before. On your way, you go" 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

47 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

That reminds me of a friend of my dad, who was stopped at the border coming back from Italy (that was when there were still hard borders in Europe) with 360 bottles of wine in his car. When they checked his papers they asked if he had anything to declare and he said yes, 360 bottles of wine. The border guy smiled and said: "Yeah right, we've heard that one before. On your way, you go" 🙂 

Slightly off topic this reminds me of one of my experiences on a travelling trip, I think it was Outback NSW I had stopped in a small town to get fuel & unbeknown to me the guy at the General Store/Fuel Stop had forgotten to replace the petrol cap, yes it was a long time ago.

A couple of hours later I noticed a Police 4WD in my mirrors & they ended up pulling me over asking about the missing petrol cap as they were alleging the car was stolen.

I was asked what I had in the back as it was covered with a tarp, I replied ' it's full of guns & ammo', they sort of smiled & said we better have a look. It turned out quite funny because it was full of guns & ammo, but they were the miniature toy replicas on key rings that you placed a plastic cap in to fire, they made quite a noise, especially the Lugers & 45 Colts.

The cops loved them & ended up buying an assortment from me. They were on header cards of 12 with an assortment of styles.

Obviously, I had to explain what I was doing with them, but I told them that I had bought them from an importer whom I believe was the first to bring them in to Australia, I still had the purchase invoice to prove it.

There were not on the market back then & I added them to my range of general merchandise/dart supplies etc. to back up the sales of advertising on Stubby Holders/T-Shirts etc.

I ended up selling them for ages all over the place but eventually others cottoned on & started to flood the market.

I did get my petrol cap back as the Police were given it by the Fuel stop & they decided to travel in that direction.

Below is a similar image of the Armory involved.

il_570xN.3546088974_7hsw.webp

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I still have a few bottles of my own Stout in the bar fridge,  but I spotted these at Dan's on special & it's pretty awesome. 

Just the ticket for a cold, miserable day down by the beach. 

20240619_170046.thumb.jpg.8d6e5ed0015f94bfdf1d949d5976c2c7.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 4

Trip to Melbourne for Ice Hockey last week started in Hoffbrau House. Then an Irish pub and brew pub before Ice Hockey.

Pilsner, Hoffbra original, Dunkel, Guiness and Urban Alley pilsner i think.  Not just one of each either.

Forget where I went then just Coors Lager at Ice Hockey. 

Then fell asleep in an African Hooka bar and was kicked out 🤪

Hooka as in flavoured tobacco not prostitutes. 

Not sure on spelling of some of this but get the point 👍🏻

20240614_153436.jpg

20240614_144919.jpg

20240614_134037.jpg

20240614_163722.jpg

20240614_181449.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Amber - sweet, malty... can taste the alcohol a liiiitle bit. Not overtly hoppy. Very nice, easy drinking beer.

PXL_20240622_034424954.thumb.jpg.afce127096432877af6aed2826722112.jpg

Porter. well balanced, I assume some rum or oak or something? Very very nice beer. It's a chilly 21c .

PXL_20240622_031142422.thumb.jpg.b86ecdacd93db450e4fe2cd0af568494.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Dark IPA almost like a stout not a bad drop. Haven't been to bridge road for a while so not sure on range. Think they said this and hazy IPA are limited release. not sure on all the fruity sour range but didn't want waste coin on sours.

20240622_201623.jpg

Edited by Uhtred Of Beddanburg
  • Like 6