Coopers Community

Today's Tastings - 2024

iBooz2

11 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks more like a milkshake. 🤣

It tastes like milkshake..

It's a dessert stout.      It's a stout you will finish on.

Edited by ozdevil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ozdevil said:

It tastes like milkshake..

It's a dessert stout.      It's a stout you will finish on.

Yeah, I get that but probably not to my taste, I probably wouldn't need high octane at that point, however if you enjoyed it, that's great. 

• Like 1

HIGH ABV BEERS

Here's a list of high ABV beers for you. Possibly a bit strong for most of us, I reckon just a taste would do, instead of a whole bottle! 🙃

https://manofmany.com/lifestyle/drinks/strongest-beers-in-the-world#:~:text=13 Strongest Beers in the World For Serious Brew-Snobs

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

HIGH ABV BEERS

Here's a list of high ABV beers for you. Possibly a bit strong for most of us, I reckon just a taste would do, instead of a whole bottle! 🙃

https://manofmany.com/lifestyle/drinks/strongest-beers-in-the-world#:~:text=13 Strongest Beers in the World For Serious Brew-Snobs

i would hate to think  at the cost of a bottle that may only be a 500ml   the way our government taxes alcohol in this country.   

i also think once your getting past 14% abv ya really starting to get in meads and barleywines.

these beers   your provided the link for   i would  try one  , but i reckon i would have to do it on holidays as i reckon it would take a week  to get you back  to  0.0 .   i can imagine myself getting out of the truck   to blow in the bag and the officer says how many beers did you have tonight   ,  only 1 beer officer      , must have been  a doozy of a beer then   you just blown the rictor scale  on this device.  yeah officer   it was a brewmiester snake venom   it was only 67.5%abv 

i must say they maybe interesting    and   your right on these ones a small taste  amongst friends would be the best way  

but i dont think i would be purchasing one of those

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

i would hate to think  at the cost of a bottle that may only be a 500ml   the way our government taxes alcohol in this country.   

i also think once your getting past 14% abv ya really starting to get in meads and barleywines.

these beers   your provided the link for   i would  try one  , but i reckon i would have to do it on holidays as i reckon it would take a week  to get you back  to  0.0 .   i can imagine myself getting out of the truck   to blow in the bag and the officer says how many beers did you have tonight   ,  only 1 beer officer      , must have been  a doozy of a beer then   you just blown the rictor scale  on this device.  yeah officer   it was a brewmiester snake venom   it was only 67.5%abv 

i must say they maybe interesting    and   your right on these ones a small taste  amongst friends would be the best way  

but i dont think i would be purchasing one of those

I agree, IMO 10% ABV is more than enough for anyone, I think one of the beers you brought to my place was about that.

The odd one I have tried I have found the alcohol seems to take over any taste the beer has.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

HIGH ABV BEERS

Holy hell, there are some crackers in there. It'd be interesting to have a little shot glass as a tester but no more. As the question is asked on the site: Is it still beer? I mean yes, of course, it is a beer by definition but if it is a beer with all its characteristics or just an uber-strong beer-like liquid, is a different story. 

So yes, curious to try but not going to buy. I am most happy with beers in the 4-6% range. Everything up to 10 is ok but more than I need and above 10% is really rare. Having said that, I just put a bottle of the barley and wheat wines in the fridge. They're at six months now, so let's see if they are getting somewhere. They are 10 and 11%, respectively and were a pain in the neck to brew. From a previous tasting, the barley wine had potential but the wheat wine was more like something you use to get wasted fast, not enjoy. It kinda tasted like the equivalent of cheap wine 😞 

• Like 2

The brewmeister. Snake venom. The #1. On that high abv. Beer list sold. For $200  for a 355 or 375ml stubby.   In Australia.  And the bottleshop that brought into. Oz. Only brought in a limit number to stock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I agree, IMO 10% ABV is more than enough for anyone, I think one of the beers you brought to my place was about that.

The odd one I have tried I have found the alcohol seems to take over any taste the beer has.

neither of the beers i gave you was up at 10%  , they was very close .   when your looking at neipa's  or oat cream ipa's    while the abv maybe presant  they are also trying to mask  that abv.   however sometimes they want the alcahol to be sahown as well. 

at home    when i brew  i may look at  neipas and oat creams  to around   8%      but  ipas and ppale ales around 6%   .

i find if you have high end beers on tap  your holding  a tap up  as it could take months before the next change over   as your not going to pour  from that tap often as you know   your not going to have many ..

i also look at the Style of what beer i am trying to make  or what beer i am buying    there is some great beers amongst all  craft beers.

Session beers are great and you can easily keep the beers flowing   

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

neither of the beers i gave you was up at 10%  , they was very close .   when your looking at neipa's  or oat cream ipa's    while the abv maybe presant  they are also trying to mask  that abv.   however sometimes they want the alcahol to be sahown as well. 

at home    when i brew  i may look at  neipas and oat creams  to around   8%      but  ipas and ppale ales around 6%   .

i find if you have high end beers on tap  your holding  a tap up  as it could take months before the next change over   as your not going to pour  from that tap often as you know   your not going to have many ..

i also look at the Style of what beer i am trying to make  or what beer i am buying    there is some great beers amongst all  craft beers.

Session beers are great and you can easily keep the beers flowing   

I pretty much like an all-round assortment however I favour Pale/IP/APA/XPA, Pilsners & some Lagers, of course Dark Ale/Porter/Stout, pretty much anything in the hoppy, aromatic, citrus etc. but I am not into fruit additions & sweet sickly stuff. 

I think the worst beer to date was a Guava beer, it tasted like thick sickly-sweet yogurt & tasted nothing like beer. 😬

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I pretty much like an all-round assortment however I favour Pale/IP/APA/XPA, Pilsners & some Lagers, of course Dark Ale/Porter/Stout, pretty much anything in the hoppy, aromatic, citrus etc. but I am not into fruit additions & sweet sickly stuff. 

I think the worst beer to date was a Guava beer, it tasted like thick sickly-sweet yogurt & tasted nothing like beer. 😬

how i often rate beers   is  like having a 3 course meal

entree
main meal
Dessert

entree = core beer or something light to start with   eg  pales/xpa's , pilsners etc and sours

main meal = a good ipa   =  Wc ipa, neipa's , oat cream ipa  the hazy ipas etc

Desert =  Stouts   

i can drink alot of style of beers   like sours through to ya barleywines   and even if they are sickly sweet  or have had full of fruity additions as it gives me a good understanding  of the beer style a person is trying to create. 

this is why i love  beer   as  beer can be anything to the individual and to what a person gets out of it.

is a big fruity sickly sour  a bad beer just becuase you dont like   it   or is it a bad beer  becuase it was far overpowering and didnt meet the brief of  the style the brewer was trying to get.

even our  craft brewers like  from the big shed  they know there  beer  they just made may not have met   what they was hoping for  but still  they  still bottle it and sell  it   as the beer is good but it wasnt the style they  wanted

we all would be liars  if we didnt like a sessionable beer 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ozdevil said:

That's a real good point.  I currently have a 6.6%, a 7.5% and an 8.0% on tap.  A session in my house is ending up messy at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Today I scored a six pack of Lashes for 11 dollars. Interestingly it doesn’t mention a use by date on the can. Might be a bit old as I can’t detect any of the promised flavours of Passionfruit, grape and citrus at all. Or maybe it’s the homegrown Mulberries’ fault I had before?! Still a nice malty drop. And for a dollar eightythree a can I really can’t complain

IMG_1821.jpeg

IMG_1822.jpeg

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz II
  • Like 6

Hey all

I have been wanting to put this up for days Since i had it.  this was to return the favour to a mate of mine from when he purchase a expensive bottle of Stout .

This was $88 500ml bottle of Stout i am about to review .   yes i get this beer is out of the range of a few , its out of my range, but i felt i needed to repay the favour .

Brewery = Bottle Logic
name of beer= Form Five
brewed in =  Anaheim ,CA, United States
Style =  double impreial Stout
ABV = 14.3%
IBU 45

this beer was a collab  between Bottle Logic and  Weathered Souls Brewing Co  from San Antonio, TX ,United States .

this is one of my favourite stouts i have ever had  from a barrel age stout , it was a well balance no overpowering part of the stout , yet still you had to respect  this beer , it still not something you can throw back  and enjoy it needs appreciation .  The longer you  let  it warm up the more flavours  come out  in which enhances the chocolate.

this Stout would be perfect sitting around at the end of the evening  over a nice warm  open fire  with close friend or wife  to finish the night off .   while it was a bit boozy  and strong   its balance was perfect for the style .

This will be the last  i put up of these expensive beers  unless my mate  feels the need  to do it again ,  but it was great sharing  this bottle with him whoshares the same passion for beer 

FormFive.thumb.jpg.cd051983d21a68d35b4396db9871756b.jpg

• Like 6

Just a rehash of this beer

Brewery = One Drop
Beer Name = U Dig Me
Beer Style =Pastory Stout
Abv = 10%
just wow just wow wow wow
what a sensational little beast of stout this , this is only the 2nd time i have had this beer , this is like a mega party going off in ya mouth.
the salted caremal really brings the banna flavour to life right from finish to end its like a banana split with out the peanuts its so creamy . this beer has great layors to it and it changes as the beer warms up .
this is one of those stouts that you make at the end of deserrt its so sweet and yummy .
i f there was a pool full of this i would jump in and drink it all while bathing in this .

page-export.thumb.png.6f06fd86f4a1a639e4aeaaeb169ce530.png

Edited by ozdevil
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 10/9/2024 at 12:49 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

A happy hour pint of West End Draught at the Watermark Hotel after shopping, I know all of you Mexicans will be drooling over it. 🤣

20241007_122114.thumb.jpg.a97526f95df7447223a2446dece580e9.jpg

West End on tap is a very good, refreshing drop, if...........the pub serves it cold, has clean beer lines and clean glasses. 

It gets a bad wrap because its not served properly. I'll always go one if their is nothing else that takes my fancy.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

.the pub serves it cold, has clean beer lines

The lines Paley are crucial, I am now officially a beer snob when at the pub these days.😆 I actually now ask when the lines were last cleaned. 🤣 A pub in Yea Victoria who shall remain nameless served Carlton draught from really dirt lines -had one sip and left. It tasted atrocious. Moved to the pub up the road in the same town who served Carlton and cleaned their lines every couple of weeks. The difference was incredible. 

Edited by Tricky Micky
  • Like 6