Coopers Community

Where are they now?

Hilltop hops

7 minutes ago, Hilltop hops said:

Noticed a few of the old regulars haven't posted for a while. Hope all is ok. Miss the fence post shots @Pezzzaand other characters like old mate that hated Magnum hops! amongst others. 

I agree HH, there are quite a few that are MIA, but I guess for some life gets in the road or perhaps it could be employment changes, health reasons etc but it would be good to catch up with a few now & again.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Hilltop hops said:

Noticed a few of the old regulars haven't posted for a while. Hope all is ok. Miss the fence post shots @Pezzzaand other characters like old mate that hated Magnum hops! amongst others. 

I have to agree @Hilltop hops we need to look out for and look after our brewing mates on this forum.  I try to keep in contact with a few regulars by email, text and phone etc and see that they are doing OK.

Big shout out to @Tricky Micky who is doing it very, very tough ATM.  I hope you don't mind Mick, if I bring others in to help you out here in your hours of need.  Hope I have not invaded your privacy or overstepped the line too much, just trying to help.

With regard to @Pezzza , yep, miss those post and rail photos, they were just too good.  I keep in contact with him via email and he was OK when we last communicated a short while ago, he just needed a rest for a while.  Think he is travelling / moving house / or something but I really suspect he may be in jail, nah! only kidding and I just said that to see if he rises to the fly if he is lurking ha ha.

Our mega hop drinking friend from Albury / Wodonga has been MIA since C19 so hope he is doing ok.  I tried to rouse a response years ago but to no avail.

No big deal if they or others move on with their lives and interests but it would be nice for them to say farewell, so we know they are OK.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hilltop hops said:

The bloke that disliked Magnum was @Beerlust his posts were always entertaining! also @The Captain!!was a regular. 

• Like 2

@Hilltop hops , we lured Lusty back into the fold a few times, but his interest lies elsewhere these days I am afraid as he dis-connected again quite quickly.  Arh the old lusty lab-cat (lab-rat) push and shoves ay! 

Yep, also miss the "smell of fresh grown garlic in the morning" with the captain too, he was good value to the forum with his advice re growing that stuff and also making salumi.

• Like 3

People come and go for what ever reasons they maybe however this place is a great little comunity  that does remember there comrads of brewing

everyones lifes changes from time to time and i know myself at the moment life haschanged for me and i  dont post as much as i once did before but hey some of you would be happy  with that lol   

hopefully the brewing bug  bites them again and can bring them back to our  community here

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

People come and go for what ever reasons they maybe however this place is a great little comunity  that does remember there comrads of brewing

everyones lifes changes from time to time and i know myself at the moment life haschanged for me and i  dont post as much as i once did before but hey some of you would be happy  with that lol   

hopefully the brewing bug  bites them again and can bring them back to our  community here

There have been some older members mentioned in this thread, another is @Norris! whom I got to know quite well, he sent me some strong, hoppy beers once to try & they were good.

I wonder where he is now?

• Like 2