Coopers Community

Coopers customer survey with prize of Dometic Ice box

jennyss

I have just completed a customer survey created by Coopers DIY. I would like to win the Dometic Patrol Icebox. I'm wondering if it would stand on its end and serve as an insulated fermenting vessel space? The outside dimensions are 41.4 cm H x 69cm W x 38.7 D. But the thickness of the walls might make it too small for a 23l fermenting vessel? As for the survey; I think Coopers are trying to get a better picture of their DIY customer profile. Maybe all about customer satisfaction.....and $. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, jennyss said:

I have just completed a customer survey created by Coopers DIY. I would like to win the Dometic Patrol Icebox. I'm wondering if it would stand on its end and serve as an insulated fermenting vessel space? The outside dimensions are 41.4 cm H x 69cm W x 38.7 D. But the thickness of the walls might make it too small for a 23l fermenting vessel? As for the survey; I think Coopers are trying to get a better picture of their DIY customer profile. Maybe all about customer satisfaction.....and $. 

The details are here which you probably have seen.

https://www.diybeer.com/au/coopers-diy-beer-fermenting-vessel-23l.html#:~:text=Height of 23L Fermenting Vessel%2C with Krausen Kollar%2C,23L Fermenting Vessel at its widest point%3A 40cm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Thanks @Malter White, I wonder where I might be able to pick up/buy such a big styrene foam box? 

I seem to recall you live country but are there any appliance shops near you? Fruit & veg shops might have broccoli boxes (you might have to tape and cut those though). A drive around the rear of some commercial premises might be a gold mine for styrene boxes.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Malter White said:

I seem to recall you live country but are there any appliance shops near you? Fruit & veg shops might have broccoli boxes (you might have to tape and cut those though). A drive around the rear of some commercial premises might be a gold mine for styrene boxes.

Good idea Malter, I remember years ago when I got another fermenter, I used the big box that my car fridge came in, it was heavily insulated & had strong cardboard walls & with a sharp knife I managed to stand it on its end & I could even close the door & in the winter I used a bedspread to help insulate it. It worked a treat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I doubt a 23 litre fermenter would even fit inside the outer dimensions, no chance of it fitting inside 

You're correct, Otto. I've got this (externally) massive esky and it keeps ice for days but internally, as you can see from the photo it won't fit a FV.

IMG20230330073718.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@Malter White did you once again complain about the removal of Lager yeast from the Euro tin and the pathetic response?

No, I just won't buy the European lager anymore. In fact yesterday I got a tin from Woolies and some lager yeasts, including the new Novalager, from the LHBS across the road. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tricky Micky said:

Across the road from Woolies or your place M Dubbya. Tipping it'd be a dangerous thing to have a LHBS across the road from the house. 🤣

Across the road from Woolies, which is actually a couple of suburbs away. I do have a pub across the road though which has been fraught with danger also over the years.🍻

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Malter White said:

I do have a pub across the road though which has been fraught with danger also over the years.

Yes, indeed. Many moons ago in another lifetime I thought about buying a country pub - for about a nano second. Then thought to my self about all the lack of control and will power I'd shown over the years. Wise choice not to proceed with that venture. I have a good understanding of the pitfalls now that I'm home brewing. 🤣

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

Yes, indeed. Many moons ago in another lifetime I thought about buying a country pub - for about a nano second. Then thought to my self about all the lack of control and will power I'd shown over the years. Wise choice not to proceed with that venture. I have a good understanding of the pitfalls now that I'm home brewing. 🤣

Nothing wrong with having a few with the patrons at 'Happy Hour' Mick but I have seen many a Publican come unstuck over the years with the Demon Drink.

It all starts off OK but some of them have a beer when it's quiet & even when it gets busy & another too ease the stress when its busy. 

One of my uncles ran a Pub in the Adelade Hills & by the time he got out he had a massive drinking problem. It's hard enough sitting here all day a few steps away from beer on tap but I have developed a strict self-discipline regime after many years on the road calling on Pubs all day, staying in them etc.

I hardly go the Pub these days, once a week if I am lucky.

As a matter of fact, I can feel one coming on now.  🤣 🍺

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...