Coopers Community

New Coopers Beer.

Pale Man

36 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Quite refreshing. Nice malt taste. Not a great deal of hop around. But very smashable if you've mowed the lawn or been fishing. Quite like it. Keep it Coopers. Be better in bottles I reckon.

Hey Pale One, I just picked up 4 for $12.00 at Thirsty Camel - Highway Hotel.

It worked out sweet, I took some cans & bottles to recycling & got $15.00 so I have got $3.00 to invest. 😁

I will give my appraisal shortly.

20230325_135026.thumb.jpg.5b60f7ff589edc3283bc321888dcb244.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
Forgot to add the picture
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey Pale One, I just picked up 4 for $12.00 at Thirsty Camel - Highway Hotel.

It worked out sweet, I took some cans & bottles to recycling & got $15.00 so I have got $3.00 to invest. 😁

I will give my appraisal shortly.

I grabbed a six pack, but not sure what I payed as the Mrs ciders were in with the price.

• Like 1

OK, first taste, it is nice & clear, fresh , malty with a nice bitterness typical of a lager style, no real hop taste. It's Ok I would drink it, but as @Pale Man says it would taste better in glass or out of the tap. I much prefer Ales but this Draught would beat most of the other brands around in this style.

20230325_144926.thumb.jpg.958318edd1b5821490cd84cef7063a6c.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 7

27 minutes ago, Tricky Micky said:

Disappointed! Went to Uncle Dan's and no show - not yet anyway. Typical Melbourne. 🤣

I suspect the south aussie's are keeping it for themselves. I will have to wait until somebody smuggles a boot load across the border. 😂

I did a bit of searching, no news of it, nothing online whatsoever 🤔

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Cheap Charlie said:

I suspect the south aussie's are keeping it for themselves. I will have to wait until somebody smuggles a boot load across the border. 😂

I did a bit of searching, no news of it, nothing online whatsoever 🤔

At one of my regular Thirsty Camel Pubs, it is available in single cans for $3.50 each or packs of 18 for $39.99 which works out to $2.22 each but I got 4 for $12.00 - $3.00 each.

It seems to be a limited edition & there is no information that I can find on the internet about it or availability.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tricky Micky said:

Disappointed! Went to Uncle Dan's and no show - not yet anyway. Typical Melbourne. 🤣

Looks like they are testing it out on us first Tricky, there is an old saying " Made in South Australia for South Australians" but that may not be the case 🤣

Maybe @Coopers/ Frank can clear this up.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks like they are testing it out on us first Tricky, there is an old saying " Made in South Australia for South Australians" but that may not be the case 🤣

Maybe @Coopers/ Frank can clear this up.

I think you are right - on the can it says "Proudly brewed in SA"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheap Charlie said:

ok, may have no choice but to clone this recipe then, looks to be 7-8 EBC and about 20 IBU's from the reports. It will be the "Non-Genuine Coopers Draught" 😂

I'd love to know what lager yeast Coopers use.  I don't know how you'd go cloning this. Maybe use Coopers Pale Malt, lager yeast and who knows what hop for bittering. Probably POR.

There's not much in the beer as far as hop flavour, but perfect bitterness. Its a nice beer. If its permanent I'd buy it regularly.

• Like 5

My guess is a basic brew, 4kg Coopers pale malt at 64º for an hour and 20g POR at 60 minutes boil, and use novalager. I will assume as it says "genuine" it does not contain any sugar. I will do this as my next brew.

I also would love to know what yeast they are using.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2023 at 8:21 AM, Tricky Micky said:

You can make your own if you're quick enough. Get in before the kits sell out.

• Like 1

well well well.. it seems Coopers DIY have beaten me to the punch with a ROTM clone recipe.. er well, I guess it's a genuine clone of their genuine draught? I'm confused now🤔.. and resurrected from 1985 no less!

anyway, I will still attempt a clone even though us banana benders aren't allowed to sample the genuine product. Great clues on how to construct this brew, challenge accepted!

I wonder if the decision for the ROTM was based on this thread? 🤔

Anyway, thumbs up from me, will probably try this ROTM to see how she turns out 👍🏻

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...