Coopers Community

Gday strangers

MitchBastard

Hey all, 

thought I’d check in. Say gday and happy brewing. I’m Still home brewing, although it’s been about 2 months since I kegged anything. Should change that in the next few weeks after a house move and get Back in the saddle. 

in other news, I’ve moved on from the Belgian brewery and scored a job with QLD giants Black hops. Going from a relatively relaxed environment to a full scale production brewery that pushes out 12,000L of wort a day has been quite the adjustment. Lots of things to learn.

I also entered Padre’s Australian lager in the recent Royal QLD food and wine awards and scored a bronze medal for my efforts. The beer even out scored xxxx bitter in the same category 😆😆

chat soon

6C40B1DB-D999-4A3E-A71A-89027BC49A59.jpeg

• Like 21

2 hours ago, MitchBastard said:

I also entered Padre’s Australian lager in the recent Royal QLD food and wine awards and scored a bronze medal for my efforts. The beer even out scored xxxx bitter in the same category 😆😆

That is something to be amazingly proud of. Excellent work fella.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MitchBastard said:

Hey all, 

thought I’d check in. Say gday and happy brewing. I’m Still home brewing, although it’s been about 2 months since I kegged anything. Should change that in the next few weeks after a house move and get Back in the saddle. 

in other news, I’ve moved on from the Belgian brewery and scored a job with QLD giants Black hops. Going from a relatively relaxed environment to a full scale production brewery that pushes out 12,000L of wort a day has been quite the adjustment. Lots of things to learn.

chat soon

Well done mate, great accomplishment.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MitchBastard said:

Black hops.

That is a great brewery, big space they have too. I spent a nice afternoon there with the wife getting beery and playing cards.
well done mate, and well done on the beer.

• Like 3