Coopers Community

Anyone up for a Bong

ozdevil

Hey All

Just purchased this little contraption which will make life easy for dry hopping and it can be used for other things as well

a 2"hop Bong  to either use on my firmzilla 27l   or the 30l all rounder

This is a completely new pressure pack for the basic FermZilla Tri-Conical and All Rounder Fermenters with the new 2" Tri-Clover Adapted Pressure Lid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

28 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Hey All

Just purchased this little contraption which will make life easy for dry hopping and it can be used for other things as well

This is a completely new pressure pack for the basic FermZilla Tri-Conical and All Rounder Fermenters with the new 2" Tri-Clover Adapted Pressure Lid.

Interesting piece of kit.  I saw a video, either Homebrew Network or Kegland itself, with lots of uses for that device.

• Haha 1

hey well my hop bong arrived   today

unfortunately 2 important parts of the bong didnt arrive  and Kegland realised their mistake  as i wasnt the only one and will be sending out the 2 missing parts and that is a 2" inch tri-clamp and the 2 inch seal  so no real drama's 

just a pic   of what it looks like on a fermzilla  27l    minus the tri-clamp that sits at the prv of the bong

20220617_152010.thumb.jpg.4a3a6b6a3267a484af76687e22581ef2.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ozdevil said:

Hey All

I did not inhale …

I’ve also never played the saxophone.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

got be quick on popular items mate 

want popular   act quick

Fair call OD.

Better see some unoxidized, hoppy beers from you then.  Enjoy your bong i'm jealous. I badly want one. 

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Finally in stock, and ordered.

Mate don't forget you can use these as hop rankle  or  carbonation as well as an oxygen tool...

I have just ordered the bits and pieces  to utilise the hop bong more ways then just adding hops to a fermenter 

• Like 1

Hop randle  block one end up  put 2 carb caps on with a filter screen on the out cap  

Connect the fermenter up to carb cap that hasn't got filter on  fill with hops and then push ya wort through  the bong  the filter will pick up the hop crud   imparting fresh flavour into your keg

I will take photos of what I mean once my goods come.  Or look up kegland on utube  for the hop bong video  kee  explains what I mean and demonstrates what I saying.

The bong is a multi tool for brewing

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 3:26 PM, ozdevil said:

hey well my hop bong arrived   today

unfortunately 2 important parts of the bong didnt arrive  and Kegland realised their mistake  as i wasnt the only one and will be sending out the 2 missing parts and that is a 2" inch tri-clamp and the 2 inch seal  so no real drama's 

just a pic   of what it looks like on a fermzilla  27l    minus the tri-clamp that sits at the prv of the bong

20220617_152010.thumb.jpg.4a3a6b6a3267a484af76687e22581ef2.jpg

Why not just unscrew the gas port on the FZ and tip your hops down into the beer then screw it back up again.  I do this all the time using a small cut off coke bottle as a funnel.

When using this bong attachment you may need special clearance from the local air traffic control as it sits up just too damn high for me.  You would need a tall FV fridge to handle its height.

Sorry @ozdevil this influencing does not work on me and I am not excited. 👎

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

@ozdevil    I haven't used mine as yet, am i missing something? The butterfly valve is not gas proof, its not even water leak proof.

Or have I got a dud? So how do you add the dry hops, without letting oxygen in or gas out? You obviously have to open the top to put your hops in. And if the valve isn't seal proof, it defeats the whole purpose.

• Haha 1