Coopers Community

Anyone up for a Bong

ozdevil

6 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

@ozdevil    I haven't used mine as yet, am i missing something? The butterfly valve is not gas proof, its not even water leak proof.

Or have I got a dud? So how do you add the dry hops, without letting oxygen in or gas out? You obviously have to open the top to put your hops in. And if the valve isn't seal proof, it defeats the whole purpose.

Ive looked further into it, and my butterfly valve is very tight, and wont seal unless i really force it. Not ideal.

What I'll do is lube her up with Hoppys magical lube.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

@ozdevil    I haven't used mine as yet, am i missing something? The butterfly valve is not gas proof, its not even water leak proof.

Or have I got a dud? So how do you add the dry hops, without letting oxygen in or gas out? You obviously have to open the top to put your hops in. And if the valve isn't seal proof, it defeats the whole purpose.

it should be seal proof  mate its very similar valve to  fermzilla 27l 

you place the hops in   at the top   place the pressure relief cap back on and clamp.     

during fermentation you can make it total seal proof  with the butterfly valve on  by using the 2" tri clamp  and these 2 items

Home brew/ Tri clamp/ tri-clover/ silicon beaded seal/ sanitary/ tri clamp/ tri-clover/ home brew/ keg dispensing/ 304 stainless steel/ reflux still/ pot still/ kegmenter/ kegerator/ beer brewing/ brewery.Stainless steel/ 304 grade/ food grade/ brewery/ home brew/ ferrule/ tri-clamp/ tri-clover/ 90 degree/ elbow bend/ tube/ kegland Australia/ end cap

place them over the top

come time to place bong just unclamp  then clamp bong on and add hops and release

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

it should be seal proof  mate its very similar valve to  fermzilla 27l 

you place the hops in   at the top   place the pressure relief cap back on and clamp.     

during fermentation you can make it total seal proof  with the butterfly valve on  by using the 2" tri clamp  and these 2 items

Home brew/ Tri clamp/ tri-clover/ silicon beaded seal/ sanitary/ tri clamp/ tri-clover/ home brew/ keg dispensing/ 304 stainless steel/ reflux still/ pot still/ kegmenter/ kegerator/ beer brewing/ brewery.Stainless steel/ 304 grade/ food grade/ brewery/ home brew/ ferrule/ tri-clamp/ tri-clover/ 90 degree/ elbow bend/ tube/ kegland Australia/ end cap

place them over the top

come time to place bong just unclamp  then clamp bong on and add hops and release

Ive managed to get it watertight, so a gas test next. I still dont like the force I'm putting on the handle.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Ive managed to get it watertight, so a gas test next. I still dont like the force I'm putting on the handle.

i get you there .  you can undo the 3 bolts and strip it down  , it could be just something like the seal that that the butterfly clamps sits in  is causing the tightness and just needs a an adjustment there

Mines tight but dont really need to overly force it.    

I am sure you will get a good gas test result if you dont just get the parts i recommended as a safety barrier when fermenting

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

i get you there .  you can undo the 3 bolts and strip it down  , it could be just something like the seal that that the butterfly clamps sits in  is causing the tightness and just needs a an adjustment there

Mines tight but dont really need to overly force it.    

I am sure you will get a good gas test result if you dont just get the parts i recommended as a safety barrier when fermenting

Nice info there fella, I didnt think of stripping it. 

• Like 1