Coopers Community

Cooper's Stout

mrchino73

Hi everybody! Just want to tell you that I ve brewed my first black.

1 Stout Cooper's can

1k dme

300 grs dextrose

250 grs maltodex

1 Nottingham yeast.

Had it in the fermenter for 22 days cause I went on vacation!

Carbed with the spoon for each bottle size, with corn sugar.

14 days carbonating ...

Put a bottle in the fridge for 2 days And voilá!!!!!

Great body, you can see the head...

Never thought a coopers can could end in such a good way!!!!

Even though I had bad experiences with them in the past, now I am very proud!!!!

And wanted to share with you all!!!!

Now, Ive brewed a red, an IPA, a blonde, a stout and have a honey in the fermenter.....

Will keep you informed!!!

Regards

IMG_20220125_192709395.thumb.jpg.bfb6f0768ec331aeb54953773f1637a6.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, mrchino73 said:

Hi everybody! Just want to tell you that I ve brewed my first black.

1 Stout Cooper's can

1k dme

300 grs dextrose

250 grs maltodex

1 Nottingham yeast.

Had it in the fermenter for 22 days cause I went on vacation!

Carbed with the spoon for each bottle size, with corn sugar.

14 days carbonating ...

Put a bottle in the fridge for 2 days And voilá!!!!!

Great body, you can see the head...

Never thought a coopers can could end in such a good way!!!!

Even though I had bad experiences with them in the past, now I am very proud!!!!

And wanted to share with you all!!!!

Now, Ive brewed a red, an IPA, a blonde, a stout and have a honey in the fermenter.....

Will keep you informed!!!

Regards

Hi @mrchino73  Good one you, you should be proud, well done. It will only get better as you will continue to make great beers & find yourself tweaking the recipe striving for improvement. My opinion is that stringent record keeping is paramount in that you can go back at anytime & check all of your brewing notes if you feel changes are needed.

I understand that not everyone is going to agree with me, so if you don't want to keep records, don't.

Coopers cans of extract are guaranteed to turn out if you follow protocol & ensure the correct amount of fermentables are used to brew & of course additions of Malt/Grain/Hops will only make it better.

Good Luck with the rest of your brewing adventure, Cheers Phil.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, oldbloke said:

Yep, good stout.

1 Stout Cooper's can

1k dme

Can yeast

Has worked for me for years.

Sometimes I add a cup or two of plunger coffee. Mmmmm 

Be patient, wait 6 months.  Mmmmmm

Are you making 23 litres? I've brewed a lot of Coopers stuff but never tried the Stout or Irish Stout kits. I really need to do something about that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Instigator said:

Are you making 23 litres? I've brewed a lot of Coopers stuff but never tried the Stout or Irish Stout kits. I really need to do something about that.

I personally make most brews including the stout to 20L. More body and flavor etc

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Instigator said:

@Instigator, yep 23. But the boys are right, less water equals more flavour.  Just personal preference. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@mrchino73 It sounds like you are progressing rapidly on your brewing journey. Well done. The Coopers stout is an awesome beer.
If I remember rightly, you are somewhere in South America so Coopers commercial beers might not be easily available to you but if they are I'd highly recommend trying to harvest the Coopers commercial yeast. It makes an amazing difference to your beer results.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, oldbloke said:

Yep, good stout.

1 Stout Cooper's can

1k dme

Can yeast

Has worked for me for years.

Sometimes I add a cup or two of plunger coffee. Mmmmm 

Be patient, wait 6 months.  Mmmmmm

Wow, never thought of adding coffee......good idea! At what time of the fermenting do you add the coffee?

Thnx

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hi @mrchino73  Good one you, you should be proud, well done. It will only get better as you will continue to make great beers & find yourself tweaking the recipe striving for improvement. My opinion is that stringent record keeping is paramount in that you can go back at anytime & check all of your brewing notes if you feel changes are needed.

I understand that not everyone is going to agree with me, so if you don't want to keep records, don't.

Coopers cans of extract are guaranteed to turn out if you follow protocol & ensure the correct amount of fermentables are used to brew & of course additions of Malt/Grain/Hops will only make it better.

Good Luck with the rest of your brewing adventure, Cheers Phil.

I do have a subscription to brewfather. I keep record of all my recipes there!!!!

Thnx

• Like 1

G'day @mrchino73

Congrats on ya Stout!

And thanks for sharing the moment here

Isn't it ace when you really enjoy your own brew! 

I agree strongly with Stringent Records-Keeping Theory - I really do need to apply myself more when it comes to Stringent Records-Keeping Practice though

🦥 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1