Coopers Community

IPA or pale ale

Zelly

Hello zelly did kegland recommend anything when picked up the FWK? a good start would be any type of ale yeast including US-05 or Nottingham or anbother english yeast. Even Verdant IPA yeast by Lallemand or somethingis brand. There are no right or wrongs if not entering a competition and you wont know what your taste is until try.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zelly said:

hi there guys,

what would be a good yeast to use is a IPA,

I'm thinking of putting down a IPA fresh wort kit from keg land, and was wondering what type of yeast to use.

thanks 

I would look at Verdant ipa yeast will be good and is a great yeast

or good all rounder US-05

if you can afford it  may i suggest it and i think its on kegland  done by grain and grape as a collab  brew with hop nation  is the hopnation XPA
and just use  us-05   its a great XPA   however it does need dry hoping twice    which requires  dry hop day 3  and then 3 days before bottling/kegging

i currently have this on tap myself   and its a ripper beer

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zelly said:

hi there guys,

what would be a good yeast to use is a IPA,

I'm thinking of putting down a IPA fresh wort kit from keg land, and was wondering what type of yeast to use.

thanks 

There are heaps to choose from, this would be good for an IPA or use any decent Ale Yeast.

WY1318 London Ale III Yeast - Wyeast

I heard it was a nice thick krausen like us 05 and ripped through the ferment fast. The one time I used it the krausen was about same as us 05 but fermented a bit slower. I have another pack I will try in another brew to see if that's what happens as not all brews the same.