Coopers Community

keggerator series x in hot shed?

jamiek86

3 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Yeah you could do that, your going well mate, well done.

So pouring beer this afternoon ? 

I wish just started cold crashing my pilsner yesterday ill wait until Thursday I reckon when not at work. do you connect everything before turn gas on then just pull on tap? havent got lines rolled up yet figured I would test everything 

6 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

I wish just started cold crashing my pilsner yesterday ill wait until Thursday I reckon when not at work. do you connect everything before turn gas on then just pull on tap? havent got lines rolled up yet figured I would test everything 

Do you have a keg cold and gassed up ready ?

Just now, Red devil 44 said:

Do you have a keg cold and gassed up ready ?

no nothing in keg atm but sanitiser how long before I should be able get it through lines? will it mater if just lying around until if I know it ready? do I need to burp the sanitised water?

4 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

no nothing in keg atm but sanitiser how long before I should be able get it through lines? will it mater if just lying around until if I know it ready? do I need to burp the sanitised water?

My way is when a keg is blown (empty ) wash out with water, put a drop of sanitizer in there, fill with water ( only a few litres ) shake the keg, turn upside down, leave for a few minutes.

Take keg to Kegerator, hook up gas and beer lines, put say 100kpa or pressure into it, burp a few times to exhale any O2, then pull tap on and run through lines.

Wouldnt matter if you left it hooked up for a few days if you wanted to, I always turn my gas and valves off at the end of a session, just in case something silly happens during the night. 
I have enough kegs to store them away pressurised until I need them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

My way is when a keg is blown (empty ) wash out with water, put a drop of sanitizer in there, fill with water ( only a few litres ) shake the keg, turn upside down, leave for a few minutes.

Take keg to Kegerator, hook up gas and beer lines, put say 100kpa or pressure into it, burp a few times to exhale any O2, then pull tap on and run through lines.

Wouldnt matter if you left it hooked up for a few days if you wanted to, I always turn my gas and valves off at the end of a session, just in case something silly happens during the night. 
I have enough kegs to store them away pressurised until I need them.

I might have to un do the regulator and everything again not even sure any gas getting too it cant hear anything 

11 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

@Red devil 44 I've done something wrong somewhere i cant get any of the water to come out is it safe to try and release the pressure valve with everything hooked up to see if gas going into it? I'm not even sure if it is going in i turned gas off and took release out nothing 

Hook up grey to gas post, black post to beer, back the adjuster on regulator off anti-clockwise, turn on cylinder, gauge on left should read cylinder pressure, approx 5200kpa full, turn adjuster clockwise until pressure on right hand side gauge reads 100kpa, you should hear gas going into keg.

13 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Hook up grey to gas post, black post to beer, back the adjuster on regulator off anti-clockwise, turn on cylinder, gauge on left should read cylinder pressure, approx 5200kpa full, turn adjuster clockwise until pressure on right hand side gauge reads 100kpa, you should hear gas going into keg.

so white to in black to out? 

edit no sound i stuffed something up

20201219_152222.jpg

Edited by jamiek86

8 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

thanks mate I probably got dodgy fitting i couldn't get hose cut exactly even as they suggest there isn't and gas going as far as keg i couldn't find leaks with soap maby there none going anywhere 😜 

Have you got sanitizer coming out of your tap now ?

I've had to walk away for a bit something wrong there is no sound or no gas getting as far as keg i could have had too much water left in hose that soaked into hot water going into manifold? connections not sealed because line not cut straight could be anything 

is it my imagination or is the non return valve getting cold from gas passing through it? if so problem could be in manifold left over water from soaking in hot water to soften hose maby

16 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Have you got sanitizer coming out of your tap now ?

5 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

is it my imagination or is the non return valve getting cold from gas passing through it? if so problem could be in manifold left over water from soaking in hot water to soften hose maby

It will have condensation initially until the keg fills up, then will slow down and even out 

1 minute ago, Red devil 44 said:

It will have condensation initially until the keg fills up, then will slow down and even out 

no worries I'll have another play around later but there is no gas as far as keg yet will have to pull a few things apart

25 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Sorry mate, gave you a bum steer as I was doing other things, turn the non-return valve around as you have it in the wrong way, hence no gas flow. 

thanks just took it out and got to work will try put on other way now gas leaking out of one connection at top where flat head part is is it faulty or can be tightened?

20201219_165431.jpg

17 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

thanks just took it out and got to work will try put on other way now gas leaking out of one connection at top where flat head part is is it faulty or can be tightened?

20201219_165431.jpg

On the gas post you are talking ? If so yes you can, disconnect from keg, just grab a flat head screwdriver and tighten, don’t lean on it too much as it’s only plastic. 

30 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Well done mate, do you have spare posts just in case ?

No probs mate, happy to assist, anytime. 👍

no but I think ill go and buy brass ones as spares or just replace them with that so better quality and keep the plastic ones as spares

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

thanks mate I'm trying now I just need to know which way the non return valves goes on hose between regulator and manifold everything looking good so far?

Hi Mate.  Luckily @Red devil 44 has been around.  I have been at a family do all day.  Just reading through your trials of the day.  Other than the non-return valve, you have been getting good advice.  Having said that, the symbol on the non-return valve is confusing.  Most have an arrow showing which way the gas should flow.  Yours has what looks like an arrow, but it is really trying to say the gas cannot go past that point.  It is probably a gas plumbing symbol, but not really helpful for us amateurs.  Red fixed you up on that matter in the end anyway.

I did a woohoo when I saw the sanitiser coming out your tap.😃

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Hi Mate.  Luckily @Red devil 44 has been around.  I have been at a family do all day.  Just reading through your trials of the day.  Other than the non-return valve, you have been getting good advice.  Having said that, the symbol on the non-return valve is confusing.  Most have an arrow showing which way the gas should flow.  Yours has what looks like an arrow, but it is really trying to say the gas cannot go past that point.  It is probably a gas plumbing symbol, but not really helpful for us amateurs.  Red fixed you up on that matter in the end anyway.

I did a woohoo when I saw the sanitiser coming out your tap.😃

thanks mate it was a good moment I had to take a one hour break when the missus auntie in her mid 70s turned up and I was about ready to start going mental. yes that symbol got me and was going to turn it around at the start but was worried I'd blow something up if was wrong. before Red told me it was back the front I had removed it all together and cleaned one hose at first was convinced it was dodgy

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

thanks mate it was a good moment I had to take a one hour break when the missus auntie in her mid 70s turned up and I was about ready to start going mental. yes that symbol got me and was going to turn it around at the start but was worried I'd blow something up if was wrong. before Red told me it was back the front I had removed it all together and cleaned one hose at first was convinced it was dodgy

Yeah apologies once again mate, because I quickly answered you then I had my wife in my ear talking to me, then my step daughter, then my old man rang who’s just had a knee replacement, all whilst trying to bloody mow the back yard. As I was mowing I realised I was racking my brain trying to work out why you couldn’t get gas, then it dawned on me, anyway glad you are up & running now, I’m always happy to lend a hand with the gas reticulation side as I know for a non tradie it’s must seem a bit daunting, but I’m happy I could offer my assistance, and looking forward to a nice pic of the first brew. 

Cheers RD44 🍻🍻

• Like 1