Coopers Community

keggerator series x in hot shed?

jamiek86

37 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

As shamus said, dunk in some hot water, if you have a pair of pointy nose pliers you can insert them into the tube to stretch it out slightly, then the crimp will form the seal.

Grab a spray bottle of soapy water and when it’s all assembled spray around and do a leak check, you will soon know if it’s leaking. 

thanks mate just got my first hose on but do you think I can get it off now the new clamp I got wont fit over it to clamp it up. I couldn't get the crimps supplied to squeeze in so went and got easier ones that are too small to go over end and clamp guess I'm going back for bigger size. I can't actually get hose off now will have to soak in water again i suppose . one on left one I got this morning was told easier.

20201218_135915.jpg

1 hour ago, jamiek86 said:

if the clamp is on a bit dodgy but I can't get the line off even soaking in hot water its still secure enough?

I don't know  if you can use this type of clamp. They are used on fuel lines and seal well as they are in contact with the line all the way around and you can get them off and use again. I have used these a lot but not on a Kegerator.

Aussel 6-20mm Fuel Line Hose Clips Water Pipe Air Tube Silicone Vacuum Hose Clamp Fastener 100PCS 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pickles Jones said:

I don't know  if you can use this type of clamp. They are used on fuel lines and seal well as they are in contact with the line all the way around and you can get them off and use again. I have used these a lot but not on a Kegerator.

Aussel 6-20mm Fuel Line Hose Clips Water Pipe Air Tube Silicone Vacuum Hose Clamp Fastener 100PCS 

will have to have a look i just can't get it off so I'm wondering if once on if I even need them at all? videos show squeezing ends to seal it i can't get it to squeeze in for the life of me

2 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

if the clamp is on a bit dodgy but I can't get the line off even soaking in hot water its still secure enough?

Just cut the line off after the barb, then put a knife through the side, or use some side cutters or tin snips to cut the clamp.

Its not going to matter bugger all if the line is 20mm shorter 

Just now, Red devil 44 said:

Just cut the line off after the barb, then put a knife through the side, or use some side cutters or tin snips to cut the clamp.

Its not going to matter bugger all if the line is 20mm shorter 

no worries I can't get either of the clamps to work my grip not strong enough or they are to small and get a propped grip on them. I'm wondering if its that hard to get off if the clamp is even important?

1 minute ago, jamiek86 said:

no worries I can't get either of the clamps to work my grip not strong enough or they are to small and get a propped grip on them. I'm wondering if its that hard to get off if the clamp is even important?

Do you have a pair of these, they work great ? 
I wouldn’t trust it with no clamps, I know it’s a snug fit but that’s just me as I would hate to lose a 6kg Gas Cylinder 

5A890637-B65E-47AE-A0D9-BE2F3B99861A.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Do you have a pair of these, they work great ? 
I wouldn’t trust it with no clamps, I know it’s a snug fit but that’s just me as I would hate to lose a 6kg Gas Cylinder 

5A890637-B65E-47AE-A0D9-BE2F3B99861A.jpeg

el cheapo thst the problem? going to hardware store before close u reckon iys tool?

20201218_164215.jpg

@Red devil 44 i went to one of the local shops this morning who do hardware and they said they don't make them that small. for a town of 6000 people we have 4 hardware stores so I thought ill go to another one before 5 and what do u know local service take one home if works come back buy tomorrow so I'm going back in morning 

4 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

@Red devil 44 i went to one of the local shops this morning who do hardware and they said they don't make them that small. for a town of 6000 people we have 4 hardware stores so I thought ill go to another one before 5 and what do u know local service take one home if works come back buy tomorrow so I'm going back in morning 

I take there’s no Bunnings in your location ?

18 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

I take there’s no Bunnings in your location ?

no but I have 3 within a 40 minute drive either to wangaratta or albury/wodonga i dont mind supporting the locals for some small things its the bigger items that get pricy

35 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

When using Jubilee Clips with sizing that small you have to get the sizing correct otherwise the screw part of the clamp won't sit properly on the line. It is ridged and won't bend to the shape of the line and you may not get an acceptable seal all round.

The ones you have look fine but test the seal with soap and water to make sure and retighten after a couple of days.

I am learning a lot off this thread for when I start Kegging.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pickles Jones said:

When using Jubilee Clips with sizing that small you have to get the sizing correct otherwise the screw part of the clamp won't sit properly on the line. It is ridged and won't bend to the shape of the line and you may not get an acceptable seal all round.

The ones you have look fine but test the seal with soap and water to make sure and retighten after a couple of days.

I am learning a lot off this thread for when I start Kegging.

yes im going to test everything before use it seems so tight like i didn't even need the clamps but safety first. glad my failings are helping someone I spent over $20 on clamps I couldn't use today because were that small i couldn't get a grip on it. I haven't even looked at the gas bottle and regulator yet probably need more stuff for that as well or stuff it up a couple times. I suspect a couple of the fittings I used on beer lines were meant for the gas somehow too fun times 😜

2 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

yes im going to test everything before use it seems so tight like i didn't even need the clamps but safety first. glad my failings are helping someone I spent over $20 on clamps I couldn't use today because were that small i couldn't get a grip on it. I haven't even looked at the gas bottle and regulator yet probably need more stuff for that as well or stuff it up a couple times. I suspect a couple of the fittings I used on beer lines were meant for the gas somehow too fun times 😜

I think that having a hobby like this is very satisfying. The challengers and rewards stretch the old brain and learning by mistakes with a successful outcome gives great job satisfaction.

And there is more to come what ever it leads to... Ah that's a great beer it was worth the effort !! 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Pickles Jones said:

I think that having a hobby like this is very satisfying. The challengers and rewards stretch the old brain and learning by mistakes with a successful outcome gives great job satisfaction.

And there is more to come what ever it leads to... Ah that's a great beer it was worth the effort !! 

thsts right but I think to end up with 3.5m hoses I should have started with 4m it wasn't that bad but I cut them a few times

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

thsts right but I think to end up with 3.5m hoses I should have started with 4m it wasn't that bad but I cut them a few times

You're doing great mate.  Think of how much outstanding advice you will be able to give a newbie kegger in a few months time.😃

2 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

You're doing great mate.  Think of how much outstanding advice you will be able to give a newbie kegger in a few months time.😃

thanks mate I'm trying now I just need to know which way the non return valves goes on hose between regulator and manifold everything looking good so far?

20201219_120537.jpg

20201219_120606.jpg

20201219_122936.jpg

22 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Arrow pointing towards the Kegerator, not towards the regulator

thanks I assumed this as had a good look and was sure which way it would allow gas out. I tested it by turning on then turned off and released preausse relief valve and the left side reading didn't go down straight away like the right is this normal? it was on 500 before now slowly less 

edit on 4th attempt it went down straight away maby I have something dodgy somewhere

20201219_140013.jpg

Edited by jamiek86

13 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

thanks I assumed this as had a good look and was sure which way it would allow gas out. I tested it by turning on then turned off and released preausse relief valve and the left side reading didn't go down straight away like the right is this normal? it was on 500 before now slowly less

20201219_140013.jpg

Yeah that’s ok mate, delivery pressure will always drop before cylinder pressure 

Just now, Red devil 44 said:

Yeah that’s ok mate, delivery pressure will always drop before cylinder pressure 

then 4th time it went straight away I used bottle to spray everything couldn't see any bubbles or hear anything my manifold won't stick on back not strong enough so will leave on top for now. I suppose a good way to test everything would be to put a bit of cleaning solution in a keg and try and pump it through taps at serving pressure?

10 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

then 4th time it went straight away I used bottle to spray everything couldn't see any bubbles or hear anything my manifold won't stick on back not strong enough so will leave on top for now. I suppose a good way to test everything would be to put a bit of cleaning solution in a keg and try and pump it through taps at serving pressure?

Yeah you could do that, your going well mate, well done.

So pouring beer this afternoon ?