Coopers Community

Coopers glasses

22 hours ago, YeastyBoy said:

Maybe have a look around at Beer glasses. Bugger me some people take this fairly seriously especially regarding vintage beer glasses with price tags to match.

Someone trying to flog a 6 pack of your fav glasses for $25 on Oz Flea Bay. See link. Postage is a killer!!

Coopers Green Glasses Flea Bay Oz

Yeah I know, I looked on there and thought bugger that they're not made of gold 😂 and worse is that they're only pots, I want the schooners to match the ones I have. Merchants! 

Edited by Scooby 1525229719
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Scooby 1525229719 said:

Yeah I know, I looked on there and thought bugger that they're not made of gold 😂 and worse is that they're only pots, I want the schooners to match the ones I have. Merchants! 

Like how the Merchant will sell by glass at $5 each and $9 postage. So generous!!

I will keep an eye out at my local book/beer glass shop for a green Coopers schooner for you. All sorts of badged beer glasses end up on the shelf there for about fifty cents each. 

Will shout out if I find any.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Quite strange Coopers insignia glasses are not available through the online store? 🤔

https://www.diybeer.com/au/beer-gear/barware-accessories.html

I certainly think glasses would qualify. Being in the liquor trade, I know Coopers do offer glass giveaways occasionally. A shame they are not more readily available.

This thread did remind me to buy some more shirts though. My remaining Coopers T-shirt has been reserved for fishing in recent years & is a little worse for wear. 😉

Cheers,

Lusty.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this won't please many here but I'm happy with my purchase.

This glass is plastic, so I guess it's not a glass. However, it was $4 from Cheap As Chips and holds a whole longneck of beer.

Yes it lacks that romanticism of glass but now I can drink from a vessel with only one pour from the bottle i.e. no sediment backwash on the second pour. ☺🍺🍺☺

IMG_20190321_214848.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

I know this won't please many here but I'm happy with my purchase.

This glass is plastic, so I guess it's not a glass. However, it was $4 from Cheap As Chips and holds a whole longneck of beer.

Yes it lacks that romanticism of glass but now I can drink from a vessel with only one pour from the bottle i.e. no sediment backwash on the second pour. ☺🍺🍺☺

They had some glass ones too @ $7 that appeared even larger but the glass seemed thin and I reckon would break easily.

2 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

I think a decent Aussie website that sold a large selection of glassware would do well

Agree. A lot of the sites I've seen are O/S ones and you either need to order a minimum of 100 units to get a good price or the freight is a killer.

7 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Agree. A lot of the sites I've seen are O/S ones and you either need to order a minimum of 100 units to get a good price or the freight is a killer.

Hmmmmmmm🤔 

Maybe I should start a side business and become a gazillionaire!!!!!

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 4:27 AM, MUZZY said:

I've been searching the interweb for them but of the ones I've found if they aren't overpriced the freight makes them not worth buying.

ALDI almost always have the 1L steins leading up to Oktoberfest. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dtadams91 said:

ALDI almost always have the 1L steins leading up to Oktoberfest. 

Now that is something to look forward to. Aldi are currently building a store within walking distance of my place. The progress of the build has been quite rapid so with any luck it's done by "Oktober".

• 9 months later...

Hi @Scooby 1525229719

M8 one (425ml Schooner) has arrived in my Fav Beer Glass Shop. So I grabbed it.

Tested it out and it works well. Great condition however used!!

Shout out if you want me to post it to yah?

Sorry it took a while it to be stocked!! Very random is my beer glass shop but it comes good usually!!

Cheers YB

259794112_CoopersSchooner.thumb.JPG.116a6c5499fac6a072b75611021fee53.JPG