Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

My pilot mate called in for a few beers out of the tap & left me 5 x bottles of wine, I have Decanted one for tonight's pizza.

Thinking, I hope he comes around more often. 😉

20230901_155000.thumb.jpg.79e962ca03ca8807d27cfff5d8a222c6.jpg

Oh my. Friday night sorted Ol Sausage. Enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hilltop hops said:

Some people knock Johnnie's but this is a great drop. I enjoyed this more than a local single malt worth double. Any other whisky fans on this forum? 

20230902_204038.jpg

Yep, I love it, pretty much tried most but Glenlivett would be one of my favourites along with other single malts.

Nothing wrong with Jonny, Balantyne, Dewar's, Grants, Teachers etc.

I also like Bourbons. 

• Like 2

I was looking for a Friday arvo knock off beer for my drive home and stumbled upon this bargain at Thirsty Camel, ANZAC Hwy. 8 x 500ml for $20. 🤑🤑

Tasted pretty good. Rather malty for a lager. I don't think it's 300 years old. It tasted much fresher.😉

IMG_20230902_101002.jpg

Edited by Malter White
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, Malter White said:

I was looking for a Friday arvo knock off beer for my drive home and stumbled upon this bargain at Thirsty Camel, ANZAC Hwy. 8 x 500ml for $20. 🤑🤑

Tasted pretty good. Rather malty for a lager. I don't think it's 300 years old. It tasted much fresher.😉

IMG_20230902_101002.jpg

Doesn't look like a bad drop Malter & you're right it looks quite good for its age.

I assume you mean the Highway. I go there often, I will have to check it out, same owners run the Morphett Arms so I will look for it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Some people knock Johnnie's but this is a great drop. I enjoyed this more than a local single malt worth double. Any other whisky fans on this forum? 

20230902_204038.jpg

Um yeah, absolutely! Larks in Tassie - great little distillery and they make some fantastic single malt whisky. 

Single malt whisky.

The Simpsons on X: "What food is Homer thinking about? #TheSimpsons  http://t.co/Li2BXZR2JQ" / X

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Hilltop hops I don't mind a wisky but the one time tried the green thought it was like rocket fuel. Red is cheap and nasty stuff the black label is ok. 

Much better brands than Mr walker in my opinion. Dimples and Chivers, Jamesons are obviously mixed but think Walker is also? 

Haven't tried many single malts but Glenfidich is a good one.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

It might be filtered, but luckily they left the flavour and mouthfeel. Thanks my son for the Father’s Day gift 

IMG_7601.jpeg

I like their beers, I have tried a few of them & I remember drinking them from out of the tap at the original German Club in the city years ago. They used to have a wide range of Bavarian & German beers,

These two would be my favourites.

dunkel-int-2022.png

weissbier-int-2022.png

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I like their beers, I have tried a few of them & I remember drinking them from out of the tap at the original German Club in the city years ago. They used to have a wide range of Bavarian & German beers,

These two would be my favourites.

dunkel-int-2022.png

weissbier-int-2022.png

Yeah, mine as well. There were only Kristal left at Aldi, but it’s pretty good as well, better than many Crafts beers

I am having some medicine as a mate came around for a drink the other day & informed me that he had been crook, I didn't think that about it until a couple of days later, bang 💣 it hit me like a ton of bricks, I was that crook this morning I gave myself a Covid test, but it was negative, so off to the Doctor in the morning.

On a brighter note, the medicine is working fine & it tastes great, very soothing on a sore throat. To top it off it is a lousy 13c down at the bay with rain, wind & a severe thunderstorm warning with possible hail later tonight so I am prepared for it with a couple of Stouts & later roast chicken & veg.

Cheers.

Stout.thumb.jpg.c377575052f3cf3c44c597a9369421d3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am having some medicine as a mate came around for a drink the other day & informed me that he had been crook, I didn't think that about it until a couple of days later, bang 💣 it hit me like a ton of bricks, I was that crook this morning I gave myself a Covid test, but it was negative, so off to the Doctor in the morning.

On a brighter note, the medicine is working fine & it tastes great, very soothing on a sore throat. To top it off it is a lousy 13c down at the bay with rain, wind & a severe thunderstorm warning with possible hail later tonight so I am prepared for it with a couple of Stouts & later roast chicken & veg.

Cheers.

Stout.thumb.jpg.c377575052f3cf3c44c597a9369421d3.jpg

The Best

Took my son up to Newcastle on Tuesday to get his torn ACL fixed. While he was in surgery I thought I'll check out some local Craft Breweries. Managed to visit two. I promise I didn't drink, just got some T/A to sample back home. The first place I visited was Foghorn Brewery, located in this old warehouse. Great interior, sorry no photos, but check it out on the net, it looks really cool. If only their beers would be as nice as the venue. "Hop Heads" would love them, but I love the taste of beer.

First up was the "Hunter Classic". It was alright. Actually had a nice flavor, but it was really thin, no mouthfeel at all. I prefer the 4 Pines Kolsch by far. Could be a nice summer lunch time drink from the tap so.

IMG_7615.thumb.PNG.f6ae67f95472738130919219cb285616.PNG

IMG_7613.thumb.JPG.d160c845d29d1896840d2a0deb9914d5.JPG

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz
  • Like 7