Coopers Community

Labels

Khellendros13

Decided to start some labelling...I am hopeless at design work but found a nice website that suits my purposes.

4 free label designs and 3 colours to choose from. Will do me fine for now, and I like the styles anyway.

BeerLabels_zps895a4c66.jpg

If anyone likes them, the site is www.beerlabelizer.com

The labels look good Aaron. I'm too lazy to make up labels and much too lazy to remove them when I am finished. For me it's just a white sticker dot on the lid and mark with a texta.

John, you are not drinking beer from a plastic bottle when you pour it into a glass [wink]

I use PETs so I don't think I am a pretentious wanker; I'm just a regular wanker [biggrin]

I thought about using labels but I am still not very far into removing the existing labels off my bottles. I usually find a good soaking in napisan gets them off easily and cleans the bottles at the same time.

Most of my brews I know what they are by the location in the garage that they are stored.. but there are some boxes that have beers in them from about 10 months ago and I have no idea what any of them are so it's a bit of a lucky dip when I put them in the fridge. [lol]

Good job Aaron, those labels look pretty schmick.

I'm afraid that I to am too lazy to do the label thing. In fact I'm even too lazy to put a mark on the bottle or lid so when I store my bottles I try to remember what I have put where. This works really well until I put them down and walk away...!!!![pinched]

It's then a case of holding them up to the light and trying to work out by the color which type of beer it is.....this works sometimes and provides a surprise other times...[cool]

Oh and I must be a regular wanker as well Hairy.......and a muppet!!! [innocent]

Aaron' date=' did you find the Brewers Guild Label Maker to be inadequate?? [sad] [crying]

If so, what improvements do you think it needs? [biggrin]

Sorry! Didn't mean to offend!

Honestly the yellow DIY icon was the main reason. 2nd was the syles...I just liked the beerlabelizer ones better...they remind me of all those cool craft beer labels.

The way images can be uploaded and resized/moved to fit in the labels is spot on though, as is the large amount of text area and a dedicated bottle date line :)

If those features could be combined with the type of styles on beerlabelizer then I would definitely use them :)

As for time... Well, I don't have a lot of time but labelling my bottles just means less time on the PC or doing them while watching MKR (only TV show I sit and watch these days).

I bothered because I share with the guys at work every 2nd Friday (and collect $20 for 4x 740ml to cover costs :D) and take some to DnD sessions. Also because I can't chill many at a time and soon will have to put mixed batches in the same boxes.

Just another personal aspect of brewing I find...another ingredient :)

I wanted to have a look at the Cooper's labels to remind what Ithey look like but the link at the bottom of the page for the Label Maker isn't working.

EDIT: Ok it is now but it is now taking me through to a page and I then have to click through again.

Some of those designs look pretty cool actually. I'm just too lazy to print out and stick them on 60+ bottles per batch[lol]

Yea not bad, just more traditional than I prefer. The other thing is, I would rather cut out by hand or with a guillotine straight edges rather than curved ones.

Maybe a patterned background on the labels as an option would be good, so we can just cut out a square or rectangle.

Hey guys,

Labels! Sadly this is probably my best skill when it comes to brewing. I have had pretty much complete flops on my last 4 or 5 brews. My first AG batch (only a 8L one I admit) tastes like the wee wee of a cat. But I will post some of my labels. EDIT: I don't put them on bottles though, just above taps and on display for guests. Low res one's as some members don't like large images and must have small monitors.

Dusseldorf Alt

Alt_zps45c5a9e6.jpg

Strawberry Blonde

BBB_zps790913d3.jpg

Draught (best enjoyed in the morning)

boris_zps5bba5903.jpg

English Bitter

CB1_zps7ad0a891.jpg

American Pale Ale

Doomed_zps044bbe5b.jpg

Lager

TP1_zps54728650.jpg

Schwarzbier

SB_zpsc6097ed9.jpg

They are great labels Lotm.

Bad luck with the beer mate; stick with it and your fortunes will change. I tasted my last batch after two weeks in the bottle. It's a bit rough at the moment, I'm hoping it improves a hell of a lot with time [crying]

Archived