Coopers Community

about ourselves

Nick

Hi Squish, what Phil says is spot on. I dont want to repeat what has already been said, but i find the beer fridge actually increases space.

I have a fairly large old fridge with a completely separate freezer section, tucked away in the corner of the laundry.

The fridge section houses my FV at 20 deg and the shelf above and the space around the FV has enough space to store and condition the previous batch of bottled beer.

The freezer section doesnt freeze because of the temp setting, but does hold at a fairly constant 4 deg and is perfect as storage for my cold ones.

It is my one stop brewing station.

PS, if i wanted to reduce the brewing temp in the fridge, the freezer section would most likely get too cold and freeze my cold ones, but 20 deg is perfect for my pale ales and amber ales.

I also brew stout, but temp doesnt seem to affect it much, so i just brew that in my 2nd FV at ambient[biggrin]

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we all perhaps added our favorite Cooper's kit recipe/practice or something' date=' could we get this back on Brewing Blether?[/quote']

Yep! Perhaps your favourite kit...[biggrin]

My favorite kit is the English Bitter for sure.

I've given that kit some aweful abuse and it has made excellent beers every time.

It amazes me me.

Otherwise the wheatbeer kit with different yeasts, because I love hefeweizen/witbeer but it's generally pretty expensive to buy.

Bloody oath, Eoin. there is the personal details sticky in BB, whats that got to do with brewing? Maybe this should replace it, at least its being used the way it was intended.

What better way for new members to get to know a bit about this community and then tell us a little about themselves?

As you said, this will now end up somewhere in siberia and never be heard of again.

I dunno what you're complaining to me for. [annoyed]

I'm trying to get it back on brewing blether.

Maybe this should replace the Personal Details Sticky.

Relax, have a beer.

Maybe I should have borrowed one of the Good Lord's weapons' date=' the old fashioned method of rod and reel didn't work!!![/quote']

Fishing with a shotgun doesn't work very well. Don't try.[rightful]

I don't fish or shoot' date=' I love to cook[/quote']

But they go so well together.[love]

I just go nuts in winter and leave the summer for drinking

i like your style [biggrin]

I dunno what you're complaining to me for. [annoyed]

I'm trying to get it back on brewing blether.

Not complaining Eoin, i was agreeing! BTW my favs in Order

APA 1st by 2 lengths

IPA 2nd by a nose over EB[biggrin]

Sorry Nick.
explained it to me.

Just got a little lost in translation [pinched]

Ha Ha, no worries cobber, ya needs ta come ova for a holiday, shoot some crocs, catch some barra and muddies, check out the white pointers on the sheila's at the beach (some are rippa's)

Then you can crack a tinny and have a yarn with the blokes here.[lol]

"All you'll get off me is a size 10 boot up the khyber' date=' ya flamin' drongo!" [biggrin']

the only time you hear aussies talk like that is in these corny old Australian movies....the kids these days seem to talk more like the yanks. we do still swear a lot, its something that as a nation, we are probably the world leaders[biggrin]

Hi Squish, what Phil says is spot on. I dont want to repeat what has already been said, but i find the beer fridge actually increases space.

I have a fairly large old fridge with a completely separate freezer section, tucked away in the corner of the laundry.

The fridge section houses my FV at 20 deg and the shelf above and the space around the FV has enough space to store and condition the previous batch of bottled beer.

The freezer section doesnt freeze because of the temp setting, but does hold at a fairly constant 4 deg and is perfect as storage for my cold ones.

It is my one stop brewing station.

PS, if i wanted to reduce the brewing temp in the fridge, the freezer section would most likely get too cold and freeze my cold ones, but 20 deg is perfect for my pale ales and amber ales.

I also brew stout, but temp doesnt seem to affect it much, so i just brew that in my 2nd FV at ambient[biggrin]

Usually wouldn't be an issue but the wife thinks the more brewing stuff i have the more i will drink...... and she's probably right[lol] [lol]

When i move back south a brewing fridge is on the agenda!!!

Hi all,

lotm_zps049ecc51.jpg

This is me playing on my daughter's slippery slide. EDIT: Photo was way too big!

I'm 33.

I'm a High School Teacher

I love rock/metal.

Married 6 years

I have a beautiful daughter.

Cheers.

Haha Otto Man!

I had about 2-3 Iron Maiden posters on my bedroom wall(s) growing up. I admit I wasn't heavily into their music, but thought their posters were wicked!

iron-maiden-aces-high-postcard-7486-p[ekm]209x300[ekm].jpg

The "Aces High" one I remember clearly. [cool]

Anthony.

Every time you say the Trooper I think of Eddie wearing the old English military uniform carrying the Union Jack flag. [lol]

And if you have no idea what I'm on about:

Iron-Maiden-The-Trooper-332593.jpg

Hey Kelse and Scott, did you catch IM at the RNA, soundwave 2011?

Hey Kelse and Scott, did you catch IM at the RNA, soundwave 2011?

Hey Nick, absolutely! I would have loved to have seen them in 08 when they did that Somewhere Back in Time tour, but I wasn't really into them then. [pinched] Since I have been though, they have become my favourite band so to see them at SW11 was unreal, probably the best show I've been to so far.

Unfortunately the beer choices were rubbish. [lol]

Unfortunately the beer choices were rubbish. [lol]

Yeah, i know what you mean, but i was driving back to the sunny coast with my son after so drinking beer was never much of an option, besides, you would have to take out a 2nd mortgage to get maggot at those prices[pinched]

Gotta admit though, it was an unreal night[biggrin]

From memory, "Eddie" is the character depicted in most, if not all of the Iron Maiden pictures/covers etc?

So perhaps something like...

Eddie_Smile.jpg

or...

Eddie-Emoticon.png

Gotta love these Collingwood supporters though. To them there is only one Eddie! [lol] [tongue]

Good on ya Adam! [biggrin]

Anthony.

Archived