Coopers Community

Goodluck

I don't need to be here but when I am I usually try to help others in need. I have no doubt that some of you may know more than me but I am positive a lot of you know much less yet try to pose an impression that you know more. Well, good luck with that!

I don't need to waste my time here trying to help others and I can see my friends I have made here elsewhere.

It's funny you get wiser as you get older. Obviously Warren could foresee what was happening. I think I'll go join him over there in the archives now.

You stay I'll go.

I was just trying to piece together the puzzle and laugh at he inconsistencies at the same time.

I understand that I'm not always right and that I don't know everything or more than anyone else.

Forums, easy to be misunderstood, please accept my sincere apologies and hang around to help others.

I won't bother you again. Except for one more post.

Scott/Hairy, this decision is not directed solely at either of you so you have no need to apologies to me. I have broad enough shoulders to cop it rather than go off on a tangent on one very minor issue. This has been accumulating for a while and I have had enough.

This is my last post now, if anyone wants to get in touch with me then they can find me at AHB.

Good luck to you Bill. I have taken on board a lot of your knowledge over the short time I have been here and implemented what my limited skills have allowed me to. I have also enjoyed reading your banter and humour. I'll keep an eye out for you at AHB.

Sorry to see you go Bill...I am feeling somewhat similar and will most probably be taking leave of this site myself....which I already do periodically for gradually longer periods. It really is a shame I used to be quite fond of visiting.

I'll take solice in the amber fluid for now and look you up elsewhere [bandit]

I am positive a lot of you know much less yet try to pose an impression that you know more

So true everywhere on the internet including AHB may I add [wink]

I do like to think the majority of people (including myself) mean well though.

I enjoy your posts Bill and even though I also spend a lot of time on AHB let me extend my gratitude for the advice you gave me during my various transitions, from bottles to kegs and then from cans to grain.

The quality if my beer is ultimately better for knowing you on this forum.

See ya around

WOW! I go to bed last night & everything seems fine, then wake this morning & find this. What happened?

Since I joined the forum there has been a particular core group of experienced guys that I have learned a great deal from. BillK, you are most certainly one of them.

Without knowing fully your reasons for wanting a complete move away from the forum, I can only say that I wish you well in your future exploits, & know that I personally will miss the level of experience & knowledge found in your posts, & your sense of humour.

Maybe it all becomes a little like "Ground Hog Day" after a few thousand posts?

ToYouSir.jpg

Thanks for all your help & advice BillK.

its a homebrew forum, not the middle east!!

i joined to learn and i have

i joined to have a bit of a laugh and i have

i joined to enjoy banter with a bunch of good blokes who have a common interest and i have

gentleman, replace your dummies please and stop being so precious

I too would like to say thanks Bill for all your help and advice since I joined, from basic kits to full extract and finally all grain, it has been very helpful and much appreciated. Definitely helped in going straight from extract to all grain without partial in between. [biggrin]

I don't know everything about brewing and I don't pretend to, if someone asks a question I don't know the answer to I might read it but I leave it for someone who knows to answer it.

Anyway, best of luck mate, I am a member on AHB also so might see ya around the traps.

i joined to enjoy banter with a bunch of good blokes who have a common interest and i have

i don't know what happened here but +1 Nick

Bill, Muddy, and everyone else (for that matter)

What the hell is going on around here!? I know there are other sites that provide us with more insight into the secerts of brewing. This site is more than that! This site is a nice place to go and visit and talk to your (my) friends. I don't really tune into this site to learn about beermaking anymore. I'm well on my way with that! I tune in to this site to hear whats going on in your lives. This is lame, I know but I kinda' count you all as friends and hate to see any of you go, damn it![annoyed]

Come on now![wink]

a good relaxing holiday on the Sunny coast would do the trick, eh Ash?

20 odd steady beers on the verandah of the Yandina pub or a stroll on mooloolaba beach checking out the white pointers. they'd be back to their old selves in a jiffy[cool]

Sad to see you blokes leaving, I have appreciated your advice & humour.

I also considered you as blokes that given a chance would enjoy having a beer or two with. Maybe one day the stars will be aligned right & that might happen.

All the best & thanx. I will have a look for you on AHB as well.

[lol] I haven't gone yet....as for dummies I tend to not use mine when posting on the internet as I fear it will get dirty (people tend to infer that I generally have my head up my arse).

I didn't mean to hijack Bill's farewell thread as I am saddened to see him go and we were all better for having him here.

I'm a bit lost for words about the whole thing as my tendency to jump at a cheap joke is screaming to respond to his comment stating he has "broad enough shoulders to cop it " with a "You need broad shoulders when you have 2 heads". But this is neither the place nor the occasion for clich\xe9d Tasmanian jokes.

Very sad to see you leave Bill. Between yourself and Mr. Yob, I was put well and truly on the path to making great beer when all I had done in the past was make alright cheap beer.

I am also a member at AHB and have posted once or twice, but find this forum a more approachable place for the less confident. Nevertheless, I hope we can catch up over there some time soon.

All the best, [crying] [crying] [crying]

Phil

Very sad to see you leave Bill. Between yourself and Mr. Yob, I was put well and truly on the path to making great beer when all I had done in the past was make alright cheap beer.

I am also a member at AHB and have posted once or twice, but find this forum a more approachable place for the less confident. Nevertheless, I hope we can catch up over there some time soon.

All the best, [crying] [crying] [crying]

Phil

+1 Phil

Im with Bill, the tone of some of the noobs is a little frustrating lately, they get some advice and all of a sudden they are text book experts. (I expect you know who you are) Personally I like to see people post about experience (confirmed theory) and not regurgitating what they have been told and assuming it's gospel.

You may or may not have noticed that Ive been posting much less and it's for these reasons. (Mostly)

When I first started, yes I asked questions, Yes I got answers, (Big up to Muddy for things like tap to tap racking method) but I also did (and continue to) do my own research and read texts/studys/papers and confirm results of the theory with practical experiments.

I will probably continue to help those in need (with the right tude) but can easily see myself joining the ranks in Siberia

Peace Yo

Archived