Coopers Community

Fishing

Love my fishing too HH.  And also, do not get out into the sport enough.   Usually due to wind, weather or tides or the sheet fight at the local overcrowded boat ramps to launch and retrieve.

I have two boats, one a 14 Jabiru tinny with 15 HP Honda 4-stroke on the back.  Use this one for freshwater fishing in amongst the snags and dead trees.  Used bait, lure and fly at many stunning fishing spots around VIC and NSW.  Boat #2 is a 5 metre Streaker Navigator half cab with a 70 HP 4-stroke Yamaha on the back.  Used for sea and bay fishing in Westernport and Port Philip for squid, king George whiting, gummy shark and snapper.  Have also used it for chasing big Murray Cod up in lake Eildon.  

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

You've started a thing here now.  Fishing is my passion. Along with brewing. 

I did a quick search thinking I could resurrect a previous topic but couldn't find much. Recent holiday has me thinking I need to get out more. Can't wait until the snapper ban ends. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hilltop hops said:

I did a quick search thinking I could resurrect a previous topic but couldn't find much. Recent holiday has me thinking I need to get out more. Can't wait until the snapper ban ends. 

I'm so missing catching my Snapper. It was usual for me to get my two ten kilo fish. Then a feed of crabs 

• Like 2

I'm a boring fresh water fishing bloke - I know it ain't the same as the big pond, but I get a feed just the same. Love the gums and a river - BBQ and a cuppla beers. Lifes good.

Do quite a bit of fishing in the upper Muzza River in Vic. Yella Belly and a few decent Murray cod. Got a little spot about 2 hours outta Melbourne where I can get a haul of redfin as well.

Redfin taste just beautiful but ya gotta get a decent size to get a decent feed.

Fished years ago up North off Magnetic Island somewhere - out past the reef - got a whole heap of Coral trout and Red Emperor. Took back to the Island and some bloke cooked them on the BBQ, just outstanding. Never had anything like it.   

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Back Brewing said:

I don't fish anymore after I learnt that fish only feed twice a day just before you get there and straight after you leave

Yep, I worked that theory out many years ago, so now, I say out loud to them (the fish), we're here to go water skiing today.  But instead of throwing skis and ropes into the water I throw baits on hooks with lines.  Gets' em every time.

• Haha 5