Coopers Community

Today's Tastings - 2024

iBooz2

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

I would have thought Carlton would be the stronger team.

me being one eyed carlton supporter   ,  i truely think port will beat us , blues are starting to tire 

i love this brewery  ,  Fox Friday's  ,  a brewery from tasmania but now has taproom/brewing in melbourne and perth

this beer

Brewer  = Fox fridays with a colaboration.  with shapeshifter Brewing Co

Can you imagine  if  Cub did a Colaboration beer  with Lion Nathon!!

Beer Name = The Weight Of Resin

Style =West Coast ipa

not dissapointed a well balance beer  with  great hop aromas and flavours  very tasty beer   

20240724_142438.thumb.jpg.bbbaff0257d6927af11b1707db37a2de.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/25/2024 at 3:45 PM, jennyss said:

Oh my goodness - I didn't know Stone's Green Ginger Wine still existed!

Oh yeah it does. I like the stuff. Stones and some ginger ale makes a nice drink.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Herbal Alchemy. said:

Been keeping an eye out for this for a while Guinness Zero!! 

I've been very impressed with it too, along with Heaps Normal & Asahi Zero- theses are trophy alcohol free brews in my humble opinion. 

20240727_143106.jpg

Good to know, the only thing I have noticed though, they really are not that much cheaper.

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

A nice stout, I need something with a bit of a kick to help with the aches & pains, I shifted the Bar around this weekend, I needed more room for people to fit with all of my bar stuff.

/IMG_20240729_171450.thumb.jpg.9ba06ef511be75511ef9ff04cad411c5.jpg

Well deserved Phil - To ya health mate 😉 ENJOY cobber 🍺🍺

• Thanks 1

1st time i have had 2 days in a row of midweek  so thought i might sit down a taste some great beers well not to many 

ist Beer of the day  is an imperial  ipa/double

Origin = Greely,CO  United states
Brewery =  Weldwerks Brewing Co
Name of Beer = Triple Double
ABV = 8.8%

They have hit the Mark with the Citra, mosaic and Simcoe hops as they have produced some great Mango /grapefruit and tangerine flavours  in this triple dry hopped  double ipa.   This beer will really get yor tongue dancing .    

To our Aussies only you will not discover this beer   at Dans or first choice or those type bottleshops you will need to  get someone like carwyn cellers or someone like that to find it for you or even sellit to you if they have stock80f7c2da-9e16-4308-90a7-a774e3304bf9.thumb.jpg.83f15b0a7a51965fb46a111f51adbf76.jpg

• Like 4

2nd beer of the day 

Origin = Austin,TX   United states
Brewery =  Jester King Brewery
Name of Beer = Wytchmake Farmhouse Rye Ipa
ABV = 6.7%

i love  a great rye ipa , but this is not the typical rye  ipa  i would go for,  however it is great  tasting beer   , would i drink alot   of this , yeah i could easily drink it but i would settle at 3-4 of these   and move on   being a farmhouse i am assuming it will be done with a kveik style yeast .       the beer itself is  funky spicy  with an Earthy taste  

good beer.    unfortunely they are not brewing this one anymore so if ya see it on shelf somewhere grab it  and give it ago if ya like a good rye beer

Apologies for the Icecream  the pour wasnt great68996cbe-e491-4369-a392-c12e02436d63.thumb.jpg.7bc9fc0c015e993aaa39dddd59e300ff.jpg

• Like 3

3rd beer  for the night  is bac in oceana

Origin = Hobart , Tasmania,  Australis
Brewery =  Fox Friday's
Name of Beer =Is this your Home Work Larry?
Style = Double west coast ipa

ABV = 8.5%

This  is one of the best australian  west coast ipa's i have tried , i am really becoming bias of this brewery  as this beer was a collabaration with behemoth brewing co  .  the taste of the resin piney  smooth balanced flavours ,  it was very tasty .

i love fox fridays  the labelling on the cans are basic   but the water inside them send you on a new trip to paradise

IsThisYourHomeworkLarry.thumb.jpg.2b42c4e54b007614f4958b0ac0ea40b7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4th beer of  the night 

Origin = Hobart ,Tasmania, Australia
Brewery =  Fox Fridays
Name of Beer = Trust,But Verify
Style =  black ipa 

ABV = 7.0%

these beers get mistaken for either a stout or a porter   but they are far from it,  they can be like a white stout that are misunderstood

this was more of a dark ale  rather then ipa  its bitterness was there but wasnt pronounced as what an ipa should have been , but this beer gave great flavours amongst its 2 hops  which gave a bit a bit of roasty smell but very little roasty taste.

it was easy drinking 

Trust,But Verify.jpg

• Like 3

last beer of the night   and the pick of the bunch of the beers i displayed today

Brewery =  Fox Fridays
Name of Beer = Truck'N"Trailor
Style = Triple Red  Ipa

ABV = 10.4%

This isnt the 1st time i have had this beer , its about the 6th time and probably the last  time i have this in wich i  have 3 cans left.

this is a wow beer ,  but you need to be very careful  with thisbeer as its pleasently drinking ,  it the best red ale i have tasted  the malt comes through with a pleasent sweat tast   then deepens with a toffee flavour  with a touch of citrisy flavour on the nose

thie beer is a collaboration between fox . f and RockyRidge brewing Co but  this is magical in all ways

love this beer
truckntrailor.thumb.jpg.92729f6acbce95345b6c29b83607f3b8.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz II said:

Look 👀 who is coming for dinner. What aroma. It is sooo goood already

IMG_1530.jpeg

i still have either 2022 or 2023 model  CTN   sitting under a bed i should drag out it out drink it

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Enemiescloser.thumb.png.e4a2c3fa89b9d53f6aca8ce6dec46397.pngThis is one of my favourite beers of all time but you dont want to be lactose intolertant 

the mrs killed me , when tried this, she sid your going to buy a slab of this arent you  and its just going to cost $200 dollars.
When i brought a pint tester she didnt sip it  or drink , she just sniffed and took the aromas in   as when i purtchased this  this beer was fresh of the canning line couldnt get better 

there was a 6.7% hazy  named before this beer and that was a ripper and brewed at the same time as this one i would have brought a ctn of each if i could spend over 400 buck ( i could have pushed  the good lady but she would kill  me slowly

so i took the big percantage abv of 8.8% instead of 6.7%     

Brewery =  Fox Fridays
Name of Beer = But Your Enemis Closer
Style = Oat Cream DIPA  (double ipa)

ABV = 8.8%

Now this beer its a killer and you have to watch what ya drinking with this one   it creeps on ya.  but as  you can see i am no wimp to beer  abv  percentages   

This beer  its like drinking orange juice and mango  while having a  2x slices opf toast and vegemite before going to school back in the early days.  who didnt like their juice and vegemite toast.

this beer  is very orange tropical and juicy from the 1st hit  but leaves a smooth creamy flavour that carries to the end  with a great oatmeal feel  that its like breakfast on a plate 

i rated this high on untapped  becuase of the style and how good this was .  

i wish this was annual beer from fox friday's

Edited by ozdevil
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

drink it in bed warm mate who needs a fridge in winter

i'm not sure why i brought it in the 1st place.     i know a few blokes   that will like it   becuase its aged abit 

• Like 1

Today  doing a taproom sitting  at a place called hopheads in Yarraville. 

1st beer of the day

Woodland and hopheads collab. Beer

Peakin imperial stout

10%abv

Now this beer I have sat on it for nearly  45 minutes and how the beer poured from a cold  beer tap. To the end is just brilliant 

The salted flavours vanilla saltiness and peakin is great doesn't overshadow the rich chocolate lyrics caramel flavours very rounded and balanced beer 

9266110f-e353-47f6-8de6-c6f5b20db691.thumb.jpg.d9912c6b7b8665d58ca7a2bc54b68270.jpg

• Like 3