Coopers Community

Today's Tastings - 2024

iBooz2

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I couldn't resist these at Dan's for $20 x 6 pack,  really good value for a really great beer.

20240709_151152.thumb.jpg.31535379d92c8d2f068020066695077b.jpg

Drinking one at the moment too. Bought a sixer at my local but paid $22 for mine. Keeping the yeast too  as its best after is late may so it's still pretty fresh.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

Drinking one at the moment too. Bought a sixer at my local but paid $22 for mine. Keeping the yeast too  as its best after is late may so it's still pretty fresh.

It is the best brew, I know I should do the same but ATM couldn't be st###d.

I don't mind paying for fresh yeast of your choice, it's just a lot easier & less mucking about.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

It is the best brew, I know I should do the same but ATM couldn't be st###d.

I don't mind paying for fresh yeast of your choice, it's just a lot easier & less mucking about.

It is easier buying yeast yes but with this one IMO your missing out on the most versatile yeast out there. You can make a clean American pale ale with a touch of esters with an overpitch and hold at 18c.  Aussie pale ale and sparkling ale with a normal pitch at 18c and a rise to 20c about 3/4 of the way through. A beautiful stout with a pitch and hold at 20c and I have never done it but I think it would make a nice wheat too if its pitched at 22 or 23c and held there as it throws banana at higher temperatures. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

It is easier buying yeast yes but with this one IMO your missing out on the most versatile yeast out there. You can make a clean American pale ale with a touch of esters with an overpitch and hold at 18c.  Aussie pale ale and sparkling ale with a normal pitch at 18c and a rise to 20c about 3/4 of the way through. A beautiful stout with a pitch and hold at 20c and I have never done it but I think it would make a nice wheat too if its pitched at 22 or 23c and held there as it throws banana at higher temperatures. 

I have to totally agree with you & I have done so many times but these days I am happy to make brew day as easy as possible.

I enjoy making a quick K & k brew but I much prefer all grain as IMO the end result is far superior but as far as yeast goes, I am happy to fork out a few bucks for the yeast of my choice. 

I agree that Coopers yeasts are very versatile & are perfect for re-use.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Herbal Alchemy. said:

Talk us through them Classic, are they all Lager's or wheat beers? What regions in Germany do they come from? 

I'd like to see Coopers doll up there longneck range like the Kaiserhofer 👍

I am going to wait until our good friend @Aussiekraut comments & I believe there are other members learned in German/Bavarian Biers, so until then, I simply I don't know as I nicked it from Instagram.

They look pretty good anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Herbal Alchemy. said:

Talk us through them Classic, are they all Lager's or wheat beers? What regions in Germany do they come from? 

I'd like to see Coopers doll up there longneck range like the Kaiserhofer 👍

They all are Bavarian beers from Franconia. All are lagers, where some seem to be Märzen, since they use the "Festbier" (festival beer) moniker. Traditionally the Oktoberfest bier used to be a Märzen, meaning brewed in March, as it was the last time they were allowed to brew before the summer brewing ban. Two are labelled as "Hell" and the swing top mentions "Landbier" (country beer), which is a common term used in Franconia to indicate they are local beers brewed from local ingredients.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

They all are Bavarian beers from Franconia. All are lagers, where some seem to be Märzen, since they use the "Festbier" (festival beer) moniker. Traditionally the Oktoberfest bier used to be a Märzen, meaning brewed in March, as it was the last time they were allowed to brew before the summer brewing ban. Two are labelled as "Hell" and the swing top mentions "Landbier" (country beer), which is a common term used in Franconia to indicate they are local beers brewed from local ingredients.

A wealth of knowledge from the Biermeister. 🍺

I found this while Googling, similar styles of beers.

https://www.bing.com/alink/link?url=https%3a%2f%2fbeermasterpub.md%2fen%2fhomepage%2f&source=serp-local&h=ZUHXTpb72V6ykKUzln7iI32Zii%2bvJLhXDV6AMQfmri4%3d&p=lw_lstpt&ig=06EC8436E78A409A809C9C21C1DE6AD1&ypid=YN8113x1517305509616178764

Edited by Classic Brewing Co

3 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Got a carton each of those for a decent price. Only a month use by but they won’t last that long 😀

IMG_0331.thumb.jpeg.049de37a6d0ab7523c13e45440e793db.jpegIMG_0332.thumb.jpeg.5bfd09c756a580c9eabe5e7f3aaaf6e0.jpeg

It's nice to see somebody else matches branded beer glasses with the beer they are drinking where possible.

I have so many glasses it would cost a fortune to match them all. 😬

• Like 3

lot of beers went down on this wet cold miserable day in melbourne after a game of golf .

had some exceptional  lot of beers today raging from plain ipa's to oat cream  ipa's  as well as some impressive Stouts .

this beer was reccomended by golfing friend who is right into craft brew scene 

the beer comes from the land of yanks 

Parish Brewing
its a coffeee Stout 

name on bottle  = Reve

ABV i honestly cant tell you

its ripper of a beer and what you would expect from a stout .   coffee is not in ya face but you get it from the aroma and tastes from start to finish

i highly reccomend this  stout .  and if you do purchase it   serve cold and sip and allow  it to warm up  to the last sip .

if you are a bottler, this stubbie can be re-used  as its not a screw top  

20240720_195351.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

Only 4 bottles left. I quite liked the 2023 vintage ale. Actually I liked it better than the 2020,2021 and 2022. Eagerly awaiting the 2024 edition…

IMG_0333.thumb.jpeg.b39824a599e1ab54a741052e690b14d7.jpeg

Still have a few, also got a six pack for my birthday. Also still have two ‘22’s. As they are in the back of the Dungeon and not easily reachable they will last a while, 🤣🤣. Coming back from Bali beginning of the year on a cheap flight via Adelaide we had just enough stopover time to visit the Central Markets and the Coopers Pub in the city. On top of my tasting paddle I had two middies of 22 Vintage Ale from the tap, my god it was goood.

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz II
  • Like 7

Imperial Stout from Sam Smith’s, then a Duvel with Cashmere Duvel, and an Old Perc. I actually prefer my own version of Old Perc, I found this one a bit sweet…

IMG_3824.jpeg

IMG_3825.jpeg

IMG_3829.jpeg

• Like 12

On 7/20/2024 at 8:54 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

There are some interesting looking beers on that site. Shame I will most likely never try one as Moldova isn't quite on my travel list. Then again, you never know. I never thought I'd ever visit Estonia either and did. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

There are some interesting looking beers on that site. Shame I will most likely never try one as Moldova isn't quite on my travel list. Then again, you never know. I never thought I'd ever visit Estonia either and did. 

I agree, the artwork/photography is excellent, you could easily mistake it for a German Brewery, I couldn't work out where it was at first.

• Like 1

came home from golf and thought what the heck time for a 7.0% beer 

this collab beer between rocky Ridge and fox friday's brewing 

"Pride" West coast IPA

ABV 7.0%

Wow what great west coast ipa  the flavours really hit it for me ,  i nearly wasnt going tp purchase this beer but glad i have done 
its a wow  factor i could easily drink this on a Friday night watching Carlton beat Port  Adelaide  at Marvel Stadium ( @Pale Man you guys will win dont tell ozzy  i said that lol)

hmmm i may have to see if the bottleshop has more of these

20240724_134350.thumb.jpg.451666156a2f2be36350bb6d998272fa.jpg

PS  Sorry for the dirty glass    look

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

came home from golf and thought what the heck time for a 7.0% beer 

this collab beer between rocky Ridge and fox friday's brewing 

"Pride" West coast IPA

ABV 7.0%

Wow what great west coast ipa  the flavours really hit it for me ,  i nearly wasnt going tp purchase this beer but glad i have done 
its a wow  factor i could easily drink this on a Friday night watching Carlton beat Port  Adelaide  at Marvel Stadium ( @Pale Man you guys will win dont tell ozzy  i said that lol)

hmmm i may have to see if the bottleshop has more of these

20240724_134350.thumb.jpg.451666156a2f2be36350bb6d998272fa.jpg

PS  Sorry for the dirty glass    look

I would have thought Carlton would be the stronger team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1