Coopers Community

WHATS ON THE MENU 2024

1 minute ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

And yet you're okay with oysters?

Not judging, just sayin'

I know where you're coming from there Shamus, oysters turn some peoples stomachs. But they dont smell like p#*ss. Fresh oysters smell and taste of the sea, and have filtered seawater nutrients not animal urine.  But yes, each to their own.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Pale Man said:

I know where you're coming from there Shamus, oysters turn some peoples stomachs. But they dont smell like p#*ss. Fresh oysters smell and taste of the sea, and have filtered seawater nutrients not animal urine.  But yes, each to their own.

I agree, as long as I don't have to see it, eat it others can do what they like.

I had to cook tripe & even brains in the Officer's Mess in the Army & that put me off for life, the smell is bad enough, let alone touching it or anything.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

My Grandad was a Yorkshire man. He ate brains, black pudding, liver, kidney, tripe, pig trotters, pigs eyes.........you name it he ate it.

I loved and doted over him immensely, but when he was ready for a feed, I was outta there. See ya tomorrow Grandad.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

My Grandad was a Yorkshire man. He ate brains, black pudding, liver, kidney, tripe, pig trotters, pigs eyes.........you name it he ate it.

I loved and doted over him immensely, but when he was ready for a feed, I was outta there. See ya tomorrow Grandad.  

My Grandparents were the same, one was Scottish & the other Cornish, luckily my mother didn't like all of that & I escaped it, I cannot even look at it in the supermarket.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Pale Man said:

I wonder how I'm going to manage to plow through these. Got ten dozen yesterday plucked fresh from the water from Cowell. At 11bucks a dozen. Best oysters in the world. 

IMG_20241005_123004.jpg

Paley, just WOW! Well played sir.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Pale Man said:

I wonder how I'm going to manage to plow through these. Got ten dozen yesterday plucked fresh from the water from Cowell. At 11bucks a dozen. Best oysters in the world. 

IMG_20241005_123004.jpg

They look amazing 👍👍👍

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pale Man said:

I’m a Yorkshire man too but I stop at liver and black pudding. And the occasional thyroid gland, or sweetbreads 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, stquinto said:

I’m a Yorkshire man too but I stop at liver and black pudding. And the occasional thyroid gland, or sweetbreads 🤔

I could eat his brawn.....that was tasty. he never told me what was in it. Pork Pies. He made the best Pork Pies. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

My beautiful wife made a Pork Pie following Grandads recipe. It was everything I wanted. Slice with some Old English Mustard. I can't believe she did it. But she did.

IMG_20240515_151514.jpg

IMG_20240821_163425.jpg

Photo of the pie definitely looks the goods mate 😋 - however not sure what the image above it is all about though 😳🤣

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Triple B Brewing said:

Photo of the pie definitely looks the goods mate 😋 - however not sure what the image above it is all about though 😳🤣

Yeah that was bad. Me getting dragged into HR as usual. I didnt mean to post that. Trouble follows me Im still a kid. Oh well.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Yeah that was bad. Me getting dragged into HR as usual. I didnt mean to post that. Trouble follows me Im still a kid. Oh well.

Yeah Nar I’m sure you’re good Paley, I get in trouble for speaking in black n white terms as well - oops see I did it again 🤦‍♂️ 😉😂

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Pale Man said:

I could eat his brawn.....that was tasty. he never told me what was in it. Pork Pies. He made the best Pork Pies. 

Pork Pies, pickles/gherkins, old English mustard & 🍺 - you don't need anything else.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tricky Micky said:

Oh Yeah!

Photo doesn't really do justice ol sausage. I baked them in the Hark Smoker. That subtle smoke flavour with Oysters Kilpatrick is something to behold. I have also eaten a couple of dozen raw. Heaven. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Photo doesn't really do justice ol sausage. I baked them in the Hark Smoker. That subtle smoke flavour with Oysters Kilpatrick is something to behold. I have also eaten a couple of dozen raw. Heaven. 

I'm sure mate -sounds amazing. Can't believe the price you got 'em for either. More than double that here in Vic ($28.00) and not sure how fresh they'd be anyway. 😞

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tricky Micky said:

I'm sure mate -sounds amazing. Can't believe the price you got 'em for either. More than double that here in Vic ($28.00) and not sure how fresh they'd be anyway. 😞

28 bucks 🫣  im in literall shock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pizza night last night. A different base; made with Bread & Pizza - strong, high protein plain flour. The base rose better, tasted better and was a much better texture. The topping included home-made tomato sauce because I ran out of tomato paste. Then cheese,  old roast beef pulled apart, anchovies, capers, olives, mushrooms, capsicum. Yummy!

20241006_181248[1].jpg

20241006_185130[1].jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, jennyss said:

Pizza night last night. A different base; made with Bread & Pizza - strong, high protein plain flour. The base rose better, tasted better and was a much better texture. The topping included home-made tomato sauce because I ran out of tomato paste. Then cheese,  old roast beef pulled apart, anchovies, capers, olives, mushrooms, capsicum. Yummy!

20241006_181248[1].jpg

20241006_185130[1].jpg

Nice, I think everybody loves pizza night.

I have been using one of these trays for pizza for years, they crisp up the bottom nicely & even cook faster.

807310_1.jpg

20221021_192605.jpg

• Like 4

On 10/5/2024 at 1:28 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

I agree, as long as I don't have to see it, eat it others can do what they like.

I had to cook tripe & even brains in the Officer's Mess in the Army & that put me off for life, the smell is bad enough, let alone touching it or anything.

Oysters or fishy tasting snot as some describe them 🙂 

I don't mind oysters, but I also don't mind some offal. I remember I always hated it when we had blood and liver sausage for lunch. The sausage was not firm like black pudding or the liverwurst you spread on bread, it was more thick and runny. They were boiled and then served with a heap of pan-fried potatoes, usually Tiroler Gröstl (Tyrolian fryup). I came to like those things at a later age but as a kid...🤮 

But there is nothing wrong with a little black pudding, warm or cold, with a little salt and pepper and maybe some onion rings on a slice of bread. I also used to like heart and sour kidneys. Liver is ok to some extent but can be rather leathery and festy. I never had brain if I am not very much mistaken...I mean brain to eat of course 🙂 I also never had bull balls, mainly because they were not freely available and the butchers kept them to themselves. Apparently, they're a delicacy if prepared right. No idea. What I hated with a passion and probably still do was spleen sausage and sour lung 🤢 Mum loved that stuff but neither of us did 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Oysters or fishy tasting snot as some describe them 🙂 

I don't mind oysters, but I also don't mind some offal. I remember I always hated it when we had blood and liver sausage for lunch. The sausage was not firm like black pudding or the liverwurst you spread on bread, it was more thick and runny. They were boiled and then served with a heap of pan-fried potatoes, usually Tiroler Gröstl (Tyrolian fryup). I came to like those things at a later age but as a kid...🤮 

But there is nothing wrong with a little black pudding, warm or cold, with a little salt and pepper and maybe some onion rings on a slice of bread. I also used to like heart and sour kidneys. Liver is ok to some extent but can be rather leathery and festy. I never had brain if I am not very much mistaken...I mean brain to eat of course 🙂 I also never had bull balls, mainly because they were not freely available and the butchers kept them to themselves. Apparently, they're a delicacy if prepared right. No idea. What I hated with a passion and probably still do was spleen sausage and sour lung 🤢 Mum loved that stuff but neither of us did 🙂 

I will eat all cuts of meat, all types of fish/seafood, pasta, pizza, vegetables & lots more.

I love different cuisines as long as there are no bits or hints other than just meat, quite simply I detest the thought of any type of offal & will never eat it. I don't even like fat on anything, the exception a bit of pork crackling.

But we are all different so that's just my opinion.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Nice, I think everybody loves pizza night.

I have been using one of these trays for pizza for years, they crisp up the bottom nicely & even cook faster.

807310_1.jpg

20221021_192605.jpg

Where can i get one of them fella?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Where can i get one of them fella?

I have seen them in Coles occasionally, definitely BIG W, Aldi, & of course online.

I bought mine (RACO) exceptionally good quality nonstick from a Kitchen/Homewares shop at Marion Shopping Centre, had it for years.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 3