Coopers Community

Cameraman Down

Tricky Micky

My mate and camera colleague since 1977, tragically lost his son yesterday arvo in a plane crash over Port Phillip bay in Melbourne. His son had followed in his dad's footsteps and was filming aerobatic manoeuvre's in the cockpit of the plane at the time of the crash. It seems the two planes clipped one another. I can't imagine my mate's pain right now. Kids are not supposed to drop off the perch before their parents. It's a sad day in Melbourne town, I will salute my mate and his son tonight with a glass or two. We are guaranteed nothing in this life, enjoy every moment of every day people.  

Edited by Tricky Micky
  • Sad 7

59 minutes ago, Tricky Micky said:

My mate and camera colleague since 1977, tragically lost his son yesterday arvo in a plane crash over Port Phillip bay in Melbourne. His son had followed in his dad's footsteps and was filming aerobatic manoeuvre's in the cockpit of the plane at the time of the crash. It seems the two planes clipped one another. I can't imagine my mate's pain right now. Kids are not supposed to drop off the perch before their parents. It's a sad day in Melbourne town, I will salute my mate and his son tonight with a glass or two. We are guaranteed nothing in this life, enjoy every moment of every day people.  

Sorry for your loss Mick, I am sure you will pay tribute to them during happy hour, Cheers Mate. 🌻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tricky Micky said:

was wondering if you had a connection to the guy when i heard it was a camera man

My partners  cousins  Son  Died the other week   i cant imagine what she went through  and i seen both my grandmothers lost there kids before them. its just something we will never understand  becuase hopefully none of us will have to lose our kids before we go (well i know i will never have to as  i didnt have kids(not by choice))

just sad  to see a young man  lose his life like that. my condolences to you and your mates family mate at a time like this

take it easy mate and raise that glass for him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tricky Micky said:

Sorry for your mates and your loss fella. Ive been following the story hoping they'd find them safe. But obviously not now.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

was wondering if you had a connection to the guy when i heard it was a camera man

My partners  cousins  Son  Died the other week   i cant imagine what she went through  and i seen both my grandmothers lost there kids before them. its just something we will never understand  becuase hopefully none of us will have to lose our kids before we go (well i know i will never have to as  i didnt have kids(not by choice))

just sad  to see a young man  lose his life like that. my condolences to you and your mates family mate at a time like this

take it easy mate and raise that glass for him

So sorry Oz mate, yes, it must be shattering to lose a child. He was only bloody 30 years old. Life can be cruel as we all know. Thanks for the kind thoughts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Back Brewing said:

Yes condolences mate I know exactly how his family would be feeling because unfortunately we lost our eldest son when he was just 14

Give your mate as much support as you can and later just assure him it does get easier to deal with the loss as time goes on

So sorry to hear that BB, my heart breaks for you mate,, and thanks for your very kind thoughts. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

Sorry to hear that mate, i could not imagine the heartbreak.

13 hours ago, Back Brewing said:

Yes condolences mate I know exactly how his family would be feeling because unfortunately we lost our eldest son when he was just 14

Give your mate as much support as you can and later just assure him it does get easier to deal with the loss as time goes on

Terribly sorry to hear that too mate.

• Like 3