Coopers Community

XMAS SHOPPING

Classic Brewing Co

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, for the basic set you're up for $200 & then add, add, add moreΒ πŸ’΅

Tell me about it. Trying to tally up how much I have in terms of brewing and dispensing gear, the $99 Coopers kit I just bought for my father-in-law for Xmas is like a drop in the ocean. Including grains and all bits and pieces, there are several thousand dollars worth of stuff in the brewery and the Kegerator.Β 

I've been entertaining an interesting thought and I think I may have gotten it past SWMBO ok but I am still unsure if I really want to do it. We could do with more storage space in the kitchen and the space the Kegerator uses up, including the gas bottle and external regulators, could be put to good use but then, where do I put the Kegerator? So I was thinking about selling the Kegerator and the small chest freezer in the brewery, get a chest freezer big enough to hold 6 kegs, punch a hole through the brewery wall into my study/man cave, run the beer lines through a pipe and install 6 taps on the wall in my study. The idea is appealing but it also has a few downsides I am not sure about. I'll have to cost it and then decide what to do. Atm, it's just a thought.

Β 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Tell me about it. Trying to tally up how much I have in terms of brewing and dispensing gear, the $99 Coopers kit I just bought for my father-in-law for Xmas is like a drop in the ocean. Including grains and all bits and pieces, there are several thousand dollars worth of stuff in the brewery and the Kegerator.Β 

I've been entertaining an interesting thought and I think I may have gotten it past SWMBO ok but I am still unsure if I really want to do it. We could do with more storage space in the kitchen and the space the Kegerator uses up, including the gas bottle and external regulators, could be put to good use but then, where do I put the Kegerator? So I was thinking about selling the Kegerator and the small chest freezer in the brewery, get a chest freezer big enough to hold 6 kegs, punch a hole through the brewery wall into my study/man cave, run the beer lines through a pipe and install 6 taps on the wall in my study. The idea is appealing but it also has a few downsides I am not sure about. I'll have to cost it and then decide what to do. Atm, it's just a thought.

Β 

Sounds good in theory AK. Good Luck convincing SWMBO &/or the construction.

On 12/11/2023 at 3:05 PM, Aussiekraut said:

Β 

Hey @AussiekrautΒ you are not far away from me, I could assist if you needed help (provided SWMHBO approves) πŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ‘πŸ‘

• Thanks 1