Coopers Community

Moving heavy brews and equipment

Malter White

34 minutes ago, Malter White said:

I know some folks struggle to move heavy fermenters and other equipment around so thought I'd share this Aldi special buy available from 7/10/23.
$13 for a handy dolly trolley.

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-sat-7-october/saturday-detail-wk40/ps/p/dolly-trolley-10/

I recall this discussion in previous posts Malter, they are an en excellent product for moving heavy fermenters from room to room, I find them great for kegs also I can fit 2 full kegs on mine.

I paid $18.00 each from Bunnings for mine.

635db875-f9ec-401e-85ce-c240fc6f9ff0.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I recall this discussion in previous posts Malter, they are an en excellent product for moving heavy fermenters from room to room, I find them great for kegs also I can fit 2 full kegs on mine.

I paid $18.00 each from Bunnings for mine.

635db875-f9ec-401e-85ce-c240fc6f9ff0.jpg

Yeah I posted about these once before but they aren't available every day at Aldi. Only on special buys promotions. I was just getting info out there for those that might need it. Personally, I don't have one because I'm a machine and can lift heavy items. 🙂

Edited by Malter White
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Malter White said:

Yeah I posted about these once before but they aren't available every day at Aldi. Only on special buys promotions. I was just getting info out there for those that might need it. Personally, I don't have one because I'm a machine and can lift heavy items. 🙂

Fair enough, it's silly to struggle with 23kg of beer when you can let the trolley do the work.

Do you wear a cape? 🦸‍♂️

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Malter White said:

Personally, I don't have one because I'm a machine and can lift heavy items. 🙂

You want to see me cleaning my 118L fermenters, i feel like Thor throwing them around...then my body hurts for 2 days though haha

Edited by Hoppy81
  • Haha 6

Ill be away camping. But leaving Mrs Oldbloke with an errand. Lol

Which reminds me. Gotta look at how to lift it onto the brew table again. Current system is less than perfect.

Edited by Oldbloke
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Oldbloke said:

Gotta look at how to lift it onto the brew table again. Current system is less than perfect.

I have seen some folks on here have a scissor lift type trolley. I think they're relatively pricey in the scheme of home brewing equipment ie. couple o'hundred bucks for something that gets used for 30 seconds a brew.  You may need to ask Mrs Oldbloke assistance....as long as she's able.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Malter White said:

I have seen some folks on here have a scissor lift type trolley. I think they're relatively pricey in the scheme of home brewing equipment ie. couple o'hundred bucks for something that gets used for 30 seconds a brew.  You may need to ask Mrs Oldbloke assistance....as long as she's able.

Na, im thinking instead of pully's a small electric winch of some description along with a track over head.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...