Coopers Community

Coopers Larger

Urb

Just bought Cooper 23l plus starter kit, it came with Coopers Larger and brew enhancer No 2, have brewed before but not for many years, wanted to know if anyone had a nice little tweak or too that I could use with the included contents. I will mainly be looking to make Pale Ale & IPA's in future brews.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Urb said:

Just bought Cooper 23l plus starter kit, it came with Coopers Larger and brew enhancer No 2, have brewed before but not for many years, wanted to know if anyone had a nice little tweak or too that I could use with the included contents. I will mainly be looking to make Pale Ale & IPA's in future brews.

@Malter White should be able to help you here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Urb said:

In addition to the Galaxy hops, I would do a warm steep of 250g of Crystal Malt for 30 minutes in 2 litres of water.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Build an brew said:

@Urb how did this brew turn out? I’ve just done something very similar. Just bottled a couple of days ago

Urb hasn't been on the forum for a few weeks. Maybe someone else has made it and would like to offer an opinion.

43 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I picked up on it ( my post above mentioning @Malter White )  I think it even went over his head.

Correct, Pale Man. Initially it went over my head but when a few others responded with laugh emojis the penny dropped. I'm also a bit fatigued of trying to correct the world wide web's grammar and spelling. It's a losing battle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Malter White said:

Correct, Pale Man. Initially it went over my head but when a few others responded with laugh emojis the penny dropped. I'm also a bit fatigued of trying to correct the world wide web's grammar and spelling. It's a losing battle.

It would certainly be a fulltime job, there are many, many spelling & grammar mistakes even on this forum, let alone the WWW. 🤔

No recipe. Was a coopers lager from the diy starter kits with BE2. We added 250g of crystal malt 30min steep 3l, added the lager extract and boiled for 30min with 12.5g of galaxy at 10min and 12.5 at 0.

added all ingredients to the fermenter filled to 23l. Saflager w 34/70 temperature controlled to 15c. Racked and added finings at end of fermentation and bottled after 2 weeks. 

1 hour ago, Build an brew said:

added the lager extract and boiled for 30min

Theres one of your issues. Its pretty much a no no to boil the hopped extract cans ( if thats what you did )  it stuffs around with the hop balance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Build an brew said:

added the lager extract and boiled for 30min

You sound very organized for a first brew, but as Pale Man said Boiling the Can's is a No No.

Grab another can and some light dry malt and try again!

With temp control and Steeping grains, you will be producing great brews in no time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1