Coopers Community

Pale Ale or Sparking Ale

Oldbloke

36 minutes ago, Instigator said:

I find the Sparkling Ale tallies to have superior flavour to the stubbies, but I struggle to understand why. I've not purchased the cans. I might have to do some "scientific" testing one weekend. 🤔

Very much agreed. For me Sparkling on tap is number one, then long necks. I dont have a Sparkling from a stubbie.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ozdevil said:

i agree  if they are rolled as the suggestions from coopers  ,  i personnelly dont get an overly malt pressence but thats me.

mind you i havent had a pale in years from coopers  

Everyone has a different palate OD. I'm having a Sparkling right now and I get a lovely maltiness, but not sweet or thick. Just nice.

I really struggle to explain the POR hop. I get a perfect bitterness, and a nice floral overtone ( after taste ), which to me doesn't taste like POR in my experience.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Everyone has a different palate OD. I'm having a Sparkling right now and I get a lovely maltiness, but not sweet or thick. Just nice.

I really struggle to explain the POR hop. I get a perfect bitterness, and a nice floral overtone ( after taste ), which to me doesn't taste like POR in my experience.

dont dissagree with you ,  thats the good thing about beer it dont discriminate anyone one or way of life....

i never enjoyed the sparkling way off life only been the green man  out of the 2  

its the thing i like about beer , what i get out of  it can be quite different to what you get out off it....

i very rarely have a coopers these days, but if i do its th green bottle ,

• Like 4

Just for the integrity of this thread, I got the Mrs to pick me up a six pack of Coopers Pale Ale, so i can really have a judgment😁 

No complaints here. Its a very nice, honest, simple Ale.

Just as much carb as Sparkling Ale. Malt is there, no hop to speak of apart from some balanced bitterness. Hasn't got the florally finish of Sparkling Ale. 

A good beer, but not sensational like Coopers Sparkling or Coopers Stout.

Edited by Pale Man
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Instigator said:

I used to be a glass package snob. In days gone by you could taste the can in the beer. These days are a different story. The cans seem to have gotten better and don't impart flavour any more, plus there's no chance of the beer getting sun/light damaged. Unless I want to keep the bottle, I don't really discriminate anymore. The only time would be if I'm going bush - I prefer cans then as they are lighter, don't break, and easier to bring the empties home.

I totally agree 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

At my local (The Watermark) the Pale Ale out of the tap is always good as they look after their beer lines well. Some Pubs it goes very flat & insipid looking, but I get your point about the keg running low.

The Watermark definitely pours some of the best Coopers Original Pale Ale you'll get on tap anywhere in Adelaide and therefore anywhere in the world. Our beer on tap has been outstanding every time I've been there. Cheers, Frank.  

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

The Watermark definitely pours some of the best Coopers Original Pale Ale you'll get on tap anywhere in Adelaide and therefore anywhere in the world. Our beer on tap has been outstanding every time I've been there. Cheers, Frank.  

I would agree with that, in fact most of my mates repeatedly say that I don't bother with other local Pubs that much for that reason.

If you are interested Frank, let me know when you are there next there & we could catch up & say G'day.

I live across the bridge about 900m away, the home of "Phil's Bar & Grill" 🍻

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Oldbloke said:

I had the opportunity to try both today at lunch time.

I definitely prefer the sparkling ale.

Dark ale is better yet.

My Dark Ale HB is best. Lol.

Don't let the sparkling fool you, OB. It packs a punch behind the that inviting, bubbly exterior. It's not hard to get lulled into a false sense of security when you are knocking them back and then find yourself getting a bit sideways way sooner than expected.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Kegory said:

Don't let the sparkling fool you, OB. It packs a punch behind the that inviting, bubbly exterior. It's not hard to get lulled into a false sense of security when you are knocking them back and then find yourself getting a bit sideways way sooner than expected.

About three Longnecks will do it 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1