Coopers Community

What are you drinking?

Biermoasta

Canadian, I am intrigued to know how you got Guinness black from 2 cans of draught?

Meanwhile I am still sucking the monster brew, sparkling ale with 2.5kg of fermentables, it's a tad gassy at times, because I overprimed the bottles slightly, or brewed too early? But this particular one was delicious and would give Kilkenny a run for it's money

monsterbrew.jpg

This has been poured for 5 minutes, yet the head is still there, although big bubbles. I reckon this will taste superb in a couple of months [happy]

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi guys,

isn't that kinda like letting the caramilk secert out of the bag?

i really wasn't expecting this colour either. the only reason i can think of is this one was brewed back when i was still boiling my wort(kit cans included) for an hour. i guess doing so darkened it up a fair bit.[innocent]

hahahaha!

i guess i fooled myself.[innocent] i've been waiting for the pub to open today to try another Double Barrel Draught becauce you guys got me wondering. it turns out that i was drinking a toucan E. Bitter that i made around the same time. i colour code and date the bottles nowa' days to keep me straight. it is so confusing.[crying]

sorry guys for the mix up. i mean stuff up![biggrin]

jsga.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is a Cricket glass containing J S Golden Ale, wonderful!

You can have all your fancy glasses, I never have any trouble with these, I just rinse with either hot or cold water, a quick dry and they always pour a great beer.

They have the added advantage of making you feel that you are at the cricket or the football. They give the feeling of the great outdoors even though you might be sitting on you bum watching your favourite sport on the telly. For our International members please feel free to supplant your favourite sport in place of footy or cricket.

They are also cheep and unbreakable, what more could a bloke want?

Ps. It's a little cloudy, guess thats the Wheat DME!

I tell you what Warren,

Even tho that isn't in the fanciest of glasses it still looks mighty tasty. I might have to put one of my "Really Golden Ales" (I put way too much caramalt into it) into the fridge and have a taste.

I have been looking forward to it but I always have in the back of my mind that it may not taste the best.

Matty,

I\u2019ve made 2 of these one with can of amber malt and Coopers sparkling ale, which was ok but the better was :

J/S Golden Ale

Can Coopers pale ale

500g DME

500g WDME

200g DEX

15g Amarillo 15min boil (in a separate small saucepan, chucked the lot in fermenter no bag)

15g Amarillo boil 5min

12 Cascade at flame out

23L

Great stuff

Matty,

I\u2019ve made 2 of these one with can of amber malt and Coopers sparkling ale, which was ok but the better was :

J/S Golden Ale

Can Coopers pale ale

500g DME

500g WDME

200g DEX

15g Amarillo 15min boil (in a separate small saucepan, chucked the lot in fermenter no bag)

15g Amarillo boil 5min

12 Cascade at flame out

23L

Great stuff

Just gave my "really golden ale" a whirl and I really enjoyed it, infact the 500ml bottle was empty within 5 minutes and there was none left in the fridge.

I thought putting in 1.5kg of caramalt instead of the 250g the recipe recommended might have stuffed it up. I guess the extra 15g hops that I boiled and put in there helped even it out.

This is a Cricket glass containing J S Golden Ale' date=' wonderful![/quote']

Absolutely disgraceful Warren [pinched] ...those horrible cups should be banned. Just get yourself a vegemite or jam jar if you're worried about breakage. It pains me that you would drink such a fine beer from them.

Paul - Could you see about organising a suspension for Warren? This really is questionable behaviour.

Give me a glass any day...doesn't even have to be fancy.

Now Muddy, you know my performance with glass hydrometers and my lack of cash to purchase the rubber flooring, so think about the danger I would face walking about in bare feet in my brewing department! Have some consideration for my health before you start calling for my excommunication.

Some people are forced into doing things that others would not do. So I say let him with no sin cast the first stone.

Did you bloke catch site of Muddy in his brides dress, I mean rely, after that photo do you think he has the right to accuse me of anything? I appeal to the mercy of the panel!

Warren

I put it to the excommunication panel that I would fight to the death for Warren's right to a PLASTIC HYDROMETER but to grant leniency for a PLASTIC CUP would be heresy.

I'm a bit hard up for cash at the moment due to a "redundancy leading to overseas travel while still not having a job" dilemma but I would still be willing to foot the bill for a drinking glass and some protective footwear for when you break said glass. Anything to rid you of the bloody PLASTIC CUP! [biggrin]

Now Canadian,

I don\u2019t expect you to understand the importance of the PLASTIC CUP, because here in Oz, it has become a symbol of all sports fans. The reason being that when one goes to the cricket, or a footy game all beer is served in these \u201csafe\u201d containers, the reason for their growth is A- if thrown at the ref no damage will be done, B- intoxicated patrons cant break them and cause damage to themselves or others. C- they save on the washing up, D- they are good for landfill, because they help fill up the tips quicker.

We have had a generation of sports fans raised on these receptacles; they have become an icon of Aussie sport.

Its all right for Muddy to criticize, he probably sits at home in front of the TV sipping out of some fancy glass and makes his wife wash it or he is off on some overseas jaunt where no PLASTIC CUPS are available. I think he may well be a bit of a toff.

He even suggested a Vegemite jar, tried that but you rely can\u2019t get the veggie taste out. I do however have my old enamelled work mug, I wonder if that would suffice?

Some frown on these containers but they have never drunk from one, so how cant they judge? They do in fact \u201calways" pour the perfect beer, lets face it we put our beer in plastic bottles, this is the 21\u2019s century, do we ever drink from putter mugs any more? Of cause not we have moved on to glass, well now its time to move on to PLASTIC. Coopers have seen the light they have gone to PLASTIC HYDROMETERS!

Seeing that PET bottles are acceptable I might cut one in half and use that, Muddy could hardly complain about that.[rightful] [roll] [innocent]

Ross,

what would you know about golf sticks? Your out in the middle of the bloody desert, not a blade of grass to be seen. Although I have seen clay greens (bit of a missnomer). You probably don't know, but golf sticks have no place to pour the beer into.[innocent] But I will excuse you seeing where you are located.[happy]

Canadian, Muddy's crying out for punishment, but have you seen him in drag, dressed up as a bride? Not to mention his use of undies straps, i'll say no more.[roll]

Weggl, you haven't been to Alice Springs lately. Their golf course would rival a lot of metro Sydney courses. I quite like drinking from a "pewter" mug, I keep one in the freezer [biggrin] Not so sure about a "putter" mug. Here's a photo of both - you can guess which one is which [cool]

1061505.jpg

Seeing that PET bottles are acceptable I might cut one in half and use that, Muddy could hardly complain about that.

I have no problems with storing beer in plastic. It is drinking out of it that peeves me. Your senses combine the smell of plastic with the taste of the beer (the same goes for cans).

I think he may well be a bit of a toff.

Well I've been called a tosser before but this is new one. I mentioned it to my wife and she reckons if I'm such a toff why do we have to live in a garage converted to a tiny apartment [biggrin] (she then went on to tell me to get a job [pinched] )

My ESB: [love]

\u2022 1.7kg Coopers English bitter

\u2022 1kg LDM (Spangnols Gold)

\u2022 300g Dextrose

\u2022 250g Organic Blackstrap Molasses

\u2022 14g Coopers brewing yeast (pitched @ 25 deg C)

\u2022 23 Ltr water

003oi.jpg

sorry couldn't find a 'safe container' [lol]

"pewter" putter who give a stuff? Greg if you try to sink that beer with your pewter you will break the glass, but if you used a 'plastic" one you would be quite safe.

Muddy, ":get a job" bit extreme!!![pinched]

Archived