Coopers Community

What are you drinking?

Biermoasta

As I appreciate the visual appearance of beer along with the taste I thought it would be good to see some of your latest brews. It would also be nice if the recipe is posted with a picture, to give others some ideas for their next brews.

After 2 and a half weeks in the bottle i've cracked open my toucan stout... Mmmm very nice, and hopefully will get better with age. Should be a nice brew for winter.

Recipe:

1.7kg Coopers Original Dark Ale

1.7kg Coopers Original Stout

1kg Brew Enhancer 2

0.25kg Dextrose

Made to 23 litres with both kit yeasts

Alc % is ~8.0%

IMG_3881.jpg?t=1296457835

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am also drinking my toucan stout. It has been in the bottle a bit over a month and I think it is equivalent to a Best Extra Stout.

I only used 1kg of Brewing sugar instead of BE2 and Dextrose.

One of the best beers I have made.

I will post a picture up when I work out the imageshack place.

I'm drinking my James Squire Golden Ale clone that i posted on the recipe section a while back. Its now aged 5 months and tastes amazing. Contrary to my earlier post on the recipe, it needs more bitterness to balance out the sweetness of the malt. But other than that, im really enjoying it now. [cool]

The link is in my signature. Tell me what you guys think.

Looks good. I enjoy seeing other peoples brews and reviews for brewing ideas [cool]

I'm thinking of doing the English Bitter for my next brew. Was your English Bitter made to the recommended recipe?

Thanks Man. That particular English bitter was brewed with the 1 kg of Coopers LDM. Was really nice.

I have since done another small batch but altered from this and it wasn't as good.

Stay tuned for a Toucan OS draught video soon shaping up a quality beer.

If you haven't seen them already i have videos of pouring and some drinking of my coopers home brews. Have a look, at the moment im drinking a coopers real ale.

The link is in my signature. Tell me what you guys think.

Here I was feeling bad about taking a picture of my beer. I think your a few levels up from me [lol]

• 4 weeks later...

Heavy Blonde Honey

2 cans Canadian Blonde

500 g honey

42g cascade 2min

42g cascade dry hopped

15g cooper's yeast starter

O.G.1.062 ABV% 7.2

this one is three weeks in the bottle. it has great head retention and a good balance of sweetnes/bitterness (i think). it's hard not to keep reaching for this one.

sorry, no picture[annoyed]

Coopers Pale Ale

1.7kg Coopers Pale Ale

500g Light Dried Malt Extract

500g Coopers Brew Enhancer 1

Made to 22 litres

Used supplied yeast

Alc % is ~ 5.1%

IMG_3887.jpg

I like the Glass [biggrin] oh and ofcoarse the beer as well, looks really tasty [love]

Heavy Blonde Honey

2 cans Canadian Blonde

500 g honey

42g cascade 2min

42g cascade dry hopped

O.G.1.062 ABV% 7.2

A chance for my stupid question of the day - Is something missing? You can get 7.2 ABV out of 500g of honey?

Heavy Blonde Honey

2 cans Canadian Blonde

500 g honey

42g cascade 2min

42g cascade dry hopped

O.G.1.062 ABV% 7.2

A chance for my stupid question of the day - Is something missing? You can get 7.2 ABV out of 500g of honey?

Correct me if I am wrong but just using 2 cans alone will give approx 5.4% then add .5 if bottled and you are almost touching 6% already. I have no doubt 500g honey would be pretty close

Ah yeah, toucan, I get it.

I calculated using the online calc and it said 6.9 would happen, but then there's the spoons of Dex too.

I then played about and tried a toucan Sparkling Ale, with the recommended ingredients for the one can, ie 2.5kg extra fermentables, and hit 9.8% - ouch!

Can this be true?

In the interests of keeping this post alive, (and feeling bad) I am posting what I is drinking... RealAleFuggles.jpg

It's plain Real Ale with some Fuggles added, and it is pretty yum, but feel free to attack the size of them bubbles in that head - I'm here to learn, and by the time you respond I will be on my third glass (hic) so no offence [rightful]

I thought I should contribute....so here is what I am drinking now:

duvelclone.jpg

It is a Duvel-ish beer thathas been in the bottle about 5 months. Appearance wise it is a bit dark and it is very alcoholic. Even though I mad a healthy starter the WLP570 Belgian Golden Ale Yeast died in the arse before it was finished. I couldn't rouse it so ended up throwing some coopers kit yeast in. It went ballistic and took it down to 1002....or 10.2%.

I haven't had one for a while. My first couple of sips tasted a bit hot and not entriely pleasant but then after a few minutes I suddenly I realised I am actually enjoying it.

Archived