Coopers Community

What are you drinking?

Biermoasta

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice posts Muddy, not bad for one night lol.

Yes Biermoasta, I too thought about glass presentation, I wanted to show off my UK bitter, then realised I have no english bitter glasses! So if nothing else, I have my xmas list sorted early [innocent]

Just cracked my first talliue of the batch

Dark ale MkIV. The best yet. [love]

1.7kg Coopers dark ale kit

500g DDME

500g LME (liquid)

500g BE1

100g Chocolate malt grain

15g Willamette. Steep 10 mins.

Coopers commercial yeast

Ferment@18 deg.

I guess you derived the name from the hops. Is it rely that good, good enough to be named "your favorite".

How would it go with 2400g LME instead of the 2 cans of LME? Don't want a trip to Nth Sydney.[pinched] Was it 23L?

Warren

Here's a fun one, this is a premium coopers sparkling ale with only 1kg raw sugar added. And next to it is the same brew done monster style with 2.5kg fermentables inc 2.2kg of malt.

No prizes for guessing which is which lol...

beerdiff.jpg

I just don't know what to grab first [biggrin]

I'll have to get a pic of it later,But we'll be drinking some of my 1st brew-the OS lager made with 1kg brewer's sugar. 12 days in primary,3 weeks in the bottle,3-5 days in the fridge. Boy,is this stuff good when care is taken & a goodly amount of patience added as well! It's got great color,like a light gold with a hint of amber.

When it gets upwards of 50F in the glass,I can smell a floral,fruity,slightly earthy quality to the malt. The hop is rather neutral to me,but some bittering is present. The brewer's sugar def gives a nice,slightly creamy mouth feel. An ounce of Willamette for 15-20 mins is all this one needs,imo. Good beer![love] http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss71/unionrdr/family%20fun/PICT0001.jpgHere's a pic of the finished OS lager kit. I used the Cooper's brewing sugar in it.

I'm unable to drink any of my fine home brew at the moment so I'll have to post a commercial.

I still reckon it isn't a bad beer but maybe you have to be in Thailand to enjoy it:

singha.jpg

Late edit: This probably should have been posted in THIS THREAD as it isn't home brew. Sorry for the break in protocol [crying]

As I appreciate the visual appearance of beer along with the taste I thought it would be good to see some of your latest brews. It would also be nice if the recipe is posted with a picture, to give others some ideas for their next brews.

After 2 and a half weeks in the bottle i've cracked open my toucan stout... Mmmm very nice, and hopefully will get better with age. Should be a nice brew for winter.

Recipe:

1.7kg Coopers Original Dark Ale

1.7kg Coopers Original Stout

1kg Brew Enhancer 2

0.25kg Dextrose

Made to 23 litres with both kit yeasts

Alc % is ~8.0%

IMG_3881.jpg?t=1296457835

I sent a email but my inbox here has been disabled by admins for some reason so I don't know if you'll get it or reply. nevertheless, I wanted to do a stout like this so am wondering what yeast you used and if you used the kit yeast did you use both or only one?

Cheers[bandit]

The answer is contained within your own post Bill [innocent]

Made to 23 litres with both kit yeasts

You could also culture up some Coopers commercial yeast but I can confirm that this recipe is outstanding done with the kit yeasts.

lol whoops, I couldn't see the forest through the trees. Thanks for the slap on the back of the head Muddy. Sometimes I need one [pinched]

Archived