Coopers Community

VB AG recipe

RDT2

I want to make a beer that tastes similar to VB I know someone had a recipe can’t remember who it was. I have come up with this thoughts??? 

IMG_1467.png

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RDT2 said:

I want to make a beer that tastes similar to VB I know someone had a recipe can’t remember who it was. I have come up with this thoughts??? 

IMG_1467.png

Good recipe. Gash brewed one similiar. his recipe is also on BrewFather.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Cheap Charlie said:

Looks like your brew will taste a lot better than VB 😂.  Still learning AG as you probably know, newbie question, what do you expect from the 15g of Carafa III?

Just colour adjustment to make it a little darker, shouldn’t impact the flavour at that amount!

Edited by RDT2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cheap Charlie said:

what do you expect from the 15g of Carafa III?

Carafa is dehusked so does not introduce any harsh flavours, Heaps of older Aussie brews used roast barley and the like to improve colour.

40 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

Just colour adjustment to make it a little darker,

Great choice!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lager malt. 300gm white sugar. 20gm roasted barley. Mash at 65c. POR 60 min addition for 25 IBU or sub Super Pride. WY2042 Danish Lager or WLP850 Copenhagen Lager which is supposedly the carlsberg yeast and is what CUB uses. Ferment at 12c for a couple of days then let it rise to mid/late teens till it finishes. Then the usual cold crash etc etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

Lager malt. 300gm white sugar. 20gm roasted barley. Mash at 65c. POR 60 min addition for 25 IBU or sub Super Pride. WY2042 Danish Lager or WLP850 Copenhagen Lager which is supposedly the carlsberg yeast and is what CUB uses. Ferment at 12c for a couple of days then let it rise to mid/late teens till it finishes. Then the usual cold crash etc etc.

Thanks @Greenyinthewestofsydney I have Por so will stick with that I think super pride will make it taste like emu export. I agree with the yeasts as you have said but I don’t think I can get any of those at this time. I will take the risk with sgl as it is a great yeast and would be a shame to not use it. I make this one and then adjust as needed for next one!

• Like 1