Coopers Community

Advice wanted: Best way to get in touch with homebrewers in my area

jennyss

I really appreciate the online Coopers Community; but I am keen to get in touch with homebrewers in my area. I live near Dubbo, a major regional centre in Western NSW.  I know homebrewers must be out there, but there is no face book page or group that I can find online. There is also no homebrew shop. I get my brewing supplies at Big W. There is a craft brewery and restaurant, Devil's Hollow, and a few good pubs. 

I am thinking of putting a call out via the Dubbo Community Group, which is a very well run community information face book group, to try and get in touch with local homebrewers. I can imagine an informal meeting at a pub to share info on things like what brewing do you do, where do you get your supplies. I definitely don't want to get involved in a formal group.

Any advice and ideas on how to go about this?

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, jennyss said:

I really appreciate the online Coopers Community; but I am keen to get in touch with homebrewers in my area. I live near Dubbo, a major regional centre in Western NSW.  I know homebrewers must be out there, but there is no face book page or group that I can find online. There is also no homebrew shop. I get my brewing supplies at Big W. There is a craft brewery and restaurant, Devil's Hollow, and a few good pubs. 

I am thinking of putting a call out via the Dubbo Community Group, which is a very well run community information face book group, to try and get in touch with local homebrewers. I can imagine an informal meeting at a pub to share info on things like what brewing do you do, where do you get your supplies. I definitely don't want to get involved in a formal group.

Any advice and ideas on how to go about this?

@jennyss I avoid Facebook at all costs for my own reasons, but I would suggest open an Instagram A/C, there are many Homebrewers out there & you may find by posting your photos & 'limited' personal info, just your location & you don't have to divulge your name & address.

I have an A/C & I have contact with brewers all over the world, so I am sure you would find some in your vicinity, here's my address

@ozhomebrewer1

Cheers.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 2

I don't get out of town much, so I buy in Bulk, sometimes online and sometimes I go for a drive and pick it up.

It works for Me.

I'm not sure that what you are seeking will work as you want, lot's of sad, different opinions out there, you may find a positive but more likely a negative.

Good on you for trying!

For K&K I pick up (or have delivered) bulk bags of Light dry Malt, Carapils, Light Crystal Malt, Maltodextrin and three different Hops at 250g packs.

Work my way through the bulk of it and start again. All the help I need is Here!

(A WiFi Inkbird is not as hard as you think and makes life so much simpler)

Good Luck, which ever way you go. 🍻

• Like 3

@jennyss , just rethink what you wish for very carefully.  As a Computer Engineer I know how some of these web sites and apps work, after all I wrote some of the base code for some several years back.

DO NOT post any pics of yourself on any site or give any details that can reasonably associate you with any other idiot that uses these sites as the underlying alg's will pair and match you up then profile you and all of your contacts.  Other competitive web sites analyse all similar web sites to their world in order to expand 'their' picture of you regardless if you are only a subscriber to one particular site.

I hate these or any sites that use your personal information to flog adds and products and push them onto all the other dopes that use them.  Their web sites do it for profit and then pay little to no tax in any country all thanks to your personal info and local government inaction.  A billionaire web site owner does not get rich but paying his or her fair share of tax, they get rich by only paying what 'they and their lawyers' deem is their legal share. in other words minimalistic i.e. 1 fifth of FO.

Please do not give out any info or post pics of yourself.  Identity theft is easy if they can clip a pic of you and so on.  It's not called the wild wild web for nothing.  Just saying Jen be careful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, DavidM said:

I don't get out of town much, so I buy in Bulk, sometimes online and sometimes I go for a drive and pick it up.

It works for Me.

I'm not sure that what you are seeking will work as you want, lot's of sad, different opinions out there, you may find a positive but more likely a negative.

Good on you for trying!

For K&K I pick up (or have delivered) bulk bags of Light dry Malt, Carapils, Light Crystal Malt, Maltodextrin and three different Hops at 250g packs.

Work my way through the bulk of it and start again. All the help I need is Here!

(A WiFi Inkbird is not as hard as you think and makes life so much simpler)

Good Luck, which ever way you go. 🍻

Yeh, buy in bulk. There are a few places. Including coopers.

Although not a necessity,  the inkbirds are great.  As mentioned, be careful on the Web.

Edited by Oldbloke
  • Like 2