Coopers Community

Spare hops brew

my grain bill is

Vienna  1.25kg

malted oats   .85kg

rolled oats   1kg

pilsner  4kg

light crystal barret burston . 4kg

these are the hops I have I would like to hear people's thoughts on hop schedules for it

magnum 20g

calypso 107g

galaxy  125g

simcoe 27g

azacca  23g

citra  60g 

cyro cascade 20g

i would love to hear people's thoughts thanks in advance cheets Brian

• Like 1

4 hours ago, therealthing691 said:

my grain bill is

Vienna  1.25kg

malted oats   .85kg

rolled oats   1kg

pilsner  4kg

these are the hops I have I would like to hear people's thoughts on hop schedules for it

magnum 20g

calypso 107g

galaxy  125g

simcoe 27g

azacca  23g

citra  60g 

cyro cascade 20g

i would love to hear people's thoughts thanks in advance cheets Brian

Big beer. I'd go for a Hazey Pale style and all late addition of your hops. You could brew a nice IPA also with that lot.

Go for 40ish IBU's with your bittering hops, then late additions with the rest. As @Popo said.......I'd drink it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Big beer. I'd go for a Hazey Pale style and all late addition of your hops. You could brew a nice IPA also with that lot.

Go for 40ish IBU's with your bittering hops, then late additions with the rest. As @Popo said.......I'd drink it.

I am going for a hazy and was thinking magnum and calypso @ 15min for bitterness  @ about 43 Ibu's   as for the rest   will cube  some but unsure as dry hopping  will  probably get some more galaxy ....I will keep the left over Calypso as its good for bittering fwh  is neutral or late you get a bit of pear... Just thought it would be good to hear others idea's  cheers 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, therealthing691 said:

i would love to hear people's thoughts

I am noit sure if you would be okay after hearing my thoughts. 

As for the beer, you could challenge your self....

NEIPA, all hops except Galaxy @ flameout, then  @ day 3 dry hop...

POW

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, beach_life said:

I am noit sure if you would be okay after hearing my thoughts. 

As for the beer, you could challenge your self....

NEIPA, all hops except Galaxy @ flameout, then  @ day 3 dry hop...

POW

hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha  I have plenty of thoughts and voices in my head

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

my grain bill is

Vienna  1.25kg

malted oats   .85kg

rolled oats   1kg

pilsner  4kg

.3kg corn sugar

.25 lactose 

Verdant yeast  

hops where galaxy 25g

azzacca25g

citra 25g 

amirralio 25g

simcoe 25g 

in the cube for 20mins cooling towards 80c then in a bath of cold water cooling to50c  

then over night to 21c then fermenting  as there is so much hop matter in there i think there should be aenough for biotransformation  ...... so will only dry hop at day 3 or 4  150 to 200 g  of what mmm amarillo and galaxy and cascade cyro i think but lets see here is a picture 36hours in oopppps sorry about the last picture but i get board

DSCN7396.JPG

DSCN7394.JPG

DSCN7375.JPG

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 7:54 PM, therealthing691 said:

then over night to 21c then fermenting  as there is so much hop matter in there i think there should be aenough for biotransformation  ...... so will only dry hop at day 3 or 4  150 to 200 g  of what mmm amarillo and galaxy and cascade cyro i think but lets see here is a picture 36hours in oopppps sorry about the last picture but i get board

Wow that does look juicy, I can smell the hops from here, good luck with it, are you bottling or kegging ?

I love your retro beer signs.

On 10/28/2022 at 8:27 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, I agree, we all have to bottle a few bottles each batch but give me kegging any day - bottling sucks !

Agreed here is the product six days cold conditioning damn balanced and tasty  but 14 days seems to be more consistent for the keg taste anyhow cheers and have a great weekend  

PS: i think its a little dark so will adjust the colour next  time but are loving the hop combo is a winner i think

DSCN7398.JPG

DSCN7399.JPG

DSCN7400.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

So no grain then?  Hoping to get enough sugars from the hops to ferment?

Hazi-as.  Looks lovely.

just adjusted the grains  for a tad lighter ', just kegged it today and will leave it for at least 7days hopefully 14 LOL. The hazy part is easy even after 5weeks in a keg that is down pat.  Just looking for more juicer as this one is. I reckon its all about not quanity of hops but getting a fermenting plan as to when they are introduced for bio transformation and dry hopping as well. All makes a big difference  een just a few points on the hydrometer 

• Like 1

going to do another fruit beer a bit different way to i normally do it will be blackberry and pear with some crystal and pale malt and Calypso hops @ about 18 IBU'S but are going to do the fruit different and use kviek voss .Will post a new thread when i do cheers'

Edited by therealthing691
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I’ve got some spare Melba hops approx 40g.
Any ideas on a simple recipe that I could use it on? Anyone used them before, with success and if so I’m keen to hear what beer.I just mixed a Coopers Pacific Pale Ale for the first time, so the Melba hops are spare from that. First time using hops too btw - my brew area smells amazing at the moment.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mackbrew said:

I’ve got some spare Melba hops approx 40g.
Any ideas on a simple recipe that I could use it on? Anyone used them before, with success and if so I’m keen to hear what beer.I just mixed a Coopers Pacific Pale Ale for the first time, so the Melba hops are spare from that. First time using hops too btw - my brew area smells amazing at the moment.

Hey Mackbrew, Here's some options from the Coopers Recipe Spreadsheet

Click on the name to see the recipe

• Like 4