Coopers Community

Easy NEIPA-ish type beer?

Slopdog

I recently made a Pale ale with a pale ale extract tin and some wheat malt and dry hopped with galaxy. Now i was wondering if i steeped some oats with some hops and added this then dry hopped again later, would this work as maybe like a shitty kinda NEIPA? Big on the NEIPA train at the moment but very little knowledge with home brew. If anyone knows a super basic NEIPA recipe for a newby please let me know.

Cheers

14 minutes ago, Slopdog said:

I recently made a Pale ale with a pale ale extract tin and some wheat malt and dry hopped with galaxy. Now i was wondering if i steeped some oats with some hops and added this then dry hopped again later, would this work as maybe like a shitty kinda NEIPA? Big on the NEIPA train at the moment but very little knowledge with home brew. If anyone knows a super basic NEIPA recipe for a newby please let me know.

Cheers

I know very little about NEIPAs but I think big flameout and dry hop additions is the way to go 

13 hours ago, Slopdog said:

Cheers

The Home Brew Network on YouTube has a nice version, similar to how you describe.  He does a mini-mash (grain steep).  However, you could just replace that with 1kg of Light Dry Malt or a can of Pale Malt Liquid Extract.  Even better you could use Dry or Liquid Extract Wheat Malt.  The wheat will help with haziness, mouthfeel and head retention.  Instead of Quick Oats, you could use Golden Naked Oats.  A few of the recent hazy Coopers recipes use 250g in them.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

What is it that the Oats bring to the beer?

Or, to put another way, why add Oats.

This from the Coopers website recipe section;

https://www.diybeer.com/au/recipe/eclipse-australian-pale-ale.html

The Australian Pale Ale style was chosen as an easy flavourful drinker to be enjoyed in the warmer months. The addition of the Golden Naked Oats adds a fuller mouthfeel and a slight toffee sweetness to round everything out.

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

What is it that the Oats bring to the beer?

Or, to put another way, why add Oats.

What the oats will do is help in the haziness of your brew  

Also will give you a soft mouthful  when your drinking your beer.

Oats are really  good in dark beers such as stouts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1