Coopers Community

Low Calorie Beer suggestions?

Hey Crew! 

I've been homebrewing with Coopers kits for about 2 years now,  and I'm definitely still a novice even though I'm pretty proud with my 30 odd batches so far. 

Since I started homebrewing, I have managed to put on a few kegs, and I don't just mean on the kegerator

I only use kits, no all grain brews, and I usually ferment in a 19L  Junior KegKing fermenter, although I am thinking of investing in a Fermzilla allrounder, I just don't know how that's going to fit in the kegerator to cold crash with a few corny's.   

I've followed a lot of the community recipes here, and downloaded the Coopers Spreadsheet to follow along with too.  My two attempts at Canadian blondes have been interesting, first one blew out to 6.4% using the coopers recipe - 2 x Brew Enhancer #2 and only 1x Yeast from the Canadian Blonde Can. 

Second attempt with the help of a friend was 1 x Canadian Blonde can and 500g Dextrose. Its not bad, but its no pure blonde. Forgot to take a FG reading before carbonating too, so no idea where it sits but we were aiming for 4.4% roughly. 

Our favourite house beer that I make usually every second brew is the Coopers Pacific Ale recipe, Hops - Melba & Galaxy and 1kg LDM,  2 x US05 Yeast. 

Any suggestions for a low calorie/low carb beer? I don't mind low ABV too, as I have a bad habit of blowing the ABV out to 6% far too often. Happy to add hops, have quite a few different varieties on hand. 

Look forward to your responses! Happy Brewing

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sarseedrinksbeer said:

Any suggestions for a low calorie/low carb beer? I don't mind low ABV too, as I have a bad habit of blowing the ABV out to 6% far too often. Happy to add hops, have quite a few different varieties on hand. 

You can filter the Coopers Recipe pages by ABV.  This will reveal several lower ABV recipes worth trying.  I liked the Roger Roger brew

• Like 1

Yep, lower ABV and lower FG so you have a drier beer.  So use less sugars in the brew and an enzyme to dry it so there are less sugars in the final product.  You can still have very tasty lower ABV beers you can have a mix of malt driven flavours by using specialty grains and make then a bit hoppier. 

• Like 2