Coopers Community

Fermentation Fridges

kmar92

Mine died last friday and I have been wondering what to replace it with. It was our last kitchen fridge, the kitchen fridge was updated and so it became a fermentation fridge. It was actually not that old either, 6 years. Anyway it had a catastrophic failure of some sort and tripped the RCD on the house supply.

I have been looking at what I can get as a replacement, I would really like to get an "all fridge" that would fit 2 x fermenters but it seems that they are as rare as rocking horse s..t. Any recommendations?

10 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

Mine died last friday and I have been wondering what to replace it with. It was our last kitchen fridge, the kitchen fridge was updated and so it became a fermentation fridge. It was actually not that old either, 6 years. Anyway it had a catastrophic failure of some sort and tripped the RCD on the house supply.

I have been looking at what I can get as a replacement, I would really like to get an "all fridge" that would fit 2 x fermenters but it seems that they are as rare as rocking horse s..t. Any recommendations?

Might be a bit out of your  budget   

a Rapt fridge  these can easily fit a firmzilla 60l conical in so they will easily do 2 fermenters

you dont need heat belt as the fridge is designed  for it

you connect it to the rapt portal    and dowload fermenting profiles

just a thought  

i would even look at  all freezer ones as well  (not talk chest freezer

or keep an eye out for the soft drink free standing fridges you see servos etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah you don't see all fridges often. When I was looking around for one I saw a couple on gumtree but they were miles away from me so wasn't practicle. 

Then I was talking to the brother in law about looking for a second hand fridge and he said he had one and had tried to sell it a year or so before for 50 bucks but nobody wanted it because it had no freezer. 🤣🤣 Obviously a brewer never saw it.

If mine sh*ts itself though I will do what ozdevil says and buy a rapt fridge.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Pickles Jones said:

Cripes, these are strong wire shelves

No sagging.

Presuming both are 'full" it must be holding up to 40Kg plus.

I made up a "Leg" to help hold the shelf But the bottom Coopers FV is a tight fit, shelf is sitting on the lid.

Don't plan on doing Four at once to often, three is enough.

• Like 2