Coopers Community

Shifted state

davids47

i have moved from Tas to South Australia  Encounter bay, and would like some info about home brew shops to buy new equipment, and supplies

not been a great fan of the Coopers fermenter ,so may want to buy a stainless one, any info will be great

1 minute ago, davids47 said:

i have moved from Tas to South Australia  Encounter bay, and would like some info about home brew shops to buy new equipment, and supplies

not been a great fan of the Coopers fermenter ,so may want to buy a stainless one, any info will be great

Welcome to SA I am in Glenelg, regarding Home Brew Shops - LHBS, I don't think it would be fitting for me to list LHBS on a Coopers Website, however a lot of them sell Coopers products.

If you Google Home Brew Shops in SA you will see what's on offer. As far as I know there aren't any on the Fleurieu Peninsula, Reynella would be the closest to you.

Good luck with your searches.

Cheers

Phil

• Like 1

23 hours ago, davids47 said:

may want to buy a stainless one,

You're in luck @davids47 Cobber... about to fill this baby up with an AG Lager Brew this morning so just grabbed it out... needs a clean, sterilise and Airlock Bubbler inserted.

https://www.ssbrewtech.com/products/brewbucket

Note some key differences (which likely u r already aware of anyway not trying to be a smarrrtarse but these things do make a difference)...

a) Cannot see pharque all... so bit hard to monitor what is going on (It's nice w FVs that yer can see through the walls)

b) Airlock Bubbler - I suffer from Airlock Bubbler anxiety 🤣  And if you don't have a perfect seal you can sit there going what the !@#$ is going on haha : )

and stressing when it can actually be going as planned.... anyway... each FV style has their pos-and-negatives hey.

c) Beautiful to clean and just no flavour or aroma buildup in the plazzi walls of plazzi fermenters (which may not be an issue if you Perc clean well the plazzis regularly but 304 Stainless is a beautiful thing it has to be said... 316 would be even nicer haha)

d) I believe a little harder to aerate well with the smooth walls so if you do splash-aerate you might need to give it a reasonable good splash as it goes in or use some other methodology for oxygenation/aeration of the fresh Wort

e) The volume is way less than the Coopers Plazzi FV so you have way less room for a very vigorous Kräussen for a standard Brew Volume

There will be many other brands but I managed to get this sucker on a price reduction from a little LHBS and in general pretty happy with it.  Not real happy with the plastic feet inserts scratch protector plugs which are poor quality but other than that all good:

image.png.a2253a8597e2477eea16c49223dcb946.png

HTH Cobber

IP

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 2