Coopers Community

What beer stuff did you make today?

Oldbloke

On 11/1/2021 at 2:56 PM, oldbloke said:

I made a bottle washer/rinse. I had all the bits just needed to tweak them a bit and solder them. Screws on the backyard tap.  😃

20211101_144620.thumb.jpg.6a94e04f2624a65bbef1a4d2f55e9308.jpg

Clever little gadget, Old Bloke. Well done. I'm curious, what's the purpose of the rusty wire part? To create a spray effect?

Edited by MUZZY

Love this thread. 

I am also wondering about the rusty wire part.  Does it catch the rim of the bottle to stop it slipping further down the tube ?  I figure you want to keep the bottle as upright as you can so it will drain into a bucket directly underneath.  Just my guess.

I love a bit of pallet art too, and its close relative,  'making stuff out of fence palings'.  Today I made fence paling crates to stow my 500ml bottles.  My long necks are in milk crates but the 500ml bottles were in ratty cardboard boxes.  I still need to give the crates a rough sand and a spray of linseed oil before I post pics.  Cost me nothing, made from scrap.  it took about 15 minutes to knock one together and I am happy with the result.  Very rustic. 

FV Transporter (below) :  I didn't make this but it has been repurposed to roll an FV from the kitchen to the brew fridge on the deck...  It supposed to roll pot plants about but the FV fits in there perfectly.  It saves my back and stops me disturbing the brew by trying to carry it.  

5ea57e5b95ae4f49910775af6978bc01?v=b0ff0

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Thirsty Jim said:

FV Transporter (below) :  I didn't make this but it has been repurposed to roll an FV from the kitchen to the brew fridge on the deck...  It supposed to roll pot plants about but the FV fits in there perfectly.  It saves my back and stops me disturbing the brew by trying to carry it.  

That's good @Thirsty Jim  I have had those in the past but never used them for that purpose. I use something similar to this sometimes, you can lock the wheels while mixing the brew, also use it for storage & it moves any size full FV with ease. 

1 of 8

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terminal2k said:

you're all making me sad. something on wheels would make my life a lot easier, but there's a big f-off step in between the kitchen where i make the beer and my fermentation room

Wheels would mean only one lift at the Step

We all have different needs

• Haha 1

I had to put old some old carpet tiles down to stop the castors getting caught in the gaps between the deck boards and I have to lift the tub over the rail of the sliding door to get it on to the deck but like @DavidM says it is only one little lift as opposed to dancing the fermenter through the house and sloshing the brew about in the process. 

I like the storage in Phil's solution and the brakes and serious wheels on David's.  Anything made from scrap appeals to me.  If there was a 'I made it out of scrap' museum I would go there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Some pics of my bottle blaster I made awhile back from an el-cheapo Bunnings trigger gun, a piece of scrap copper pipe glued into a modified hose fitting, a modified 8mm stainless steel bolt, a cone off an old hanging light socket and some different coloured electrical tape to let me know when the nozzle is getting close to accidentally leaving the bottle/stubby and squirting the roof. I use it in the shed to clean my empties. With the good water pressure I have here I found it squirts around 15 metres when I did a distance test in the backyard.

El-cheapo hose.jpg

Nozzle .jpg

Hose guns.JPG

Bottle Blaster.JPG

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Is that the end of our mate Reg @MUZZY ??   If my memory serves me that's Con from the Fruit & Veg shop or something is it not ?  Please explain. 

Thanks for noticing the profile pic change, Phil. After almost 23 years of bus driving I'm on the cusp of a job change. A few final details need to be sorted but if it goes ahead I'll be working for a vegetable processing company.  I'll know in "A cuppla days, bewdifull." 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, MUZZY said:

Thanks for noticing the profile pic change, Phil. After almost 23 years of bus driving I'm on the cusp of a job change. A few final details need to be sorted but if it goes ahead I'll be working for a vegetable processing company.  I'll know in "A cuppla days, bewdifull." 😄 

Awesome Muzzy, all the very best with it. A change is good sometimes as it brings with it lots of opportunities & chances to do things you couldn't before. 

I don't know why I said that I have been selling Stubby Holders & Pub stuff for over 40 years, the only difference is I am retired I I have more time for brewing & I suppose drinking 🤔

I got an order from Bendigo yesterday so back to work for 30minutes 🤣  Vorrei quatro mele oggi. 

9 hours ago, MUZZY said:

Good luck with the Move (if it goes ahead), big change after so long, you may even find you miss the Passengers!

• Haha 1

On 11/9/2021 at 8:55 AM, MUZZY said:

Clever little gadget, Old Bloke. Well done. I'm curious, what's the purpose of the rusty wire part? To create a spray effect?

Just stops the nozzle going too far in the stubbies. I just copied the idea I saw somewhere on a YouTube video.

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2021 at 2:54 PM, thebeerpig said:

Some pics of my bottle blaster I made awhile back from an el-cheapo Bunnings trigger gun, a piece of scrap copper pipe glued into a modified hose fitting, a modified 8mm stainless steel bolt, a cone off an old hanging light socket and some different coloured electrical tape to let me know when the nozzle is getting close to accidentally leaving the bottle/stubby and squirting the roof. I use it in the shed to clean my empties. With the good water pressure I have here I found it squirts around 15 metres when I did a distance test in the backyard.

El-cheapo hose.jpg

Nozzle .jpg

Hose guns.JPG

Bottle Blaster.JPG

That's a top idea. Why didn't I think of that? 

On 11/10/2021 at 2:54 PM, thebeerpig said:

El-cheapo hose.jpg

Nozzle .jpg

Hose guns.JPG

Bottle Blaster.JPG

That's a top idea. Why didn't I think of that? 

Made this to keep the brew's in, each shelf holds two brews. Temporary door at the moment, will have to buy a full sheet of Ply, this one not long enough.

Also fitting a light with a Can cover to help with the warmth for winter. Used up some "Floating Flooring boards" a mate gave me as shelf's and sides.

It was a fun project..

20211111_161641.thumb.jpg.59979936ed1572b19c9d8b651ad74ad6.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Made this to keep the brew's in, each shelf holds two brews. Temporary door at the moment, will have to buy a full sheet of Ply, this one not long enough.

Also fitting a light with a Can cover to help with the warmth for winter. Used up some "Floating Flooring boards" a mate gave me as shelf's and sides.

It was a fun project..

Well done @DavidM after all, the beer has got to be stored somewhere. I have lots of shelving but taken up with other stuff so mine get stored in boxes.

You too have an empty shelf, start brewing another one ! 🤣

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1