Coopers Community

BOEL Itap

ozdevil

8 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

What about if the Boel itap was on one of the high outlets?

not likely  i would think as they are not much higher then the bottom

you may get away with it with out the drip tray.

This is why i am basicly going for the bottle capper stand idea

• Like 1

boel  do make their own fonts but i think its only a 2 tap font  at most which is higher then the standard font
so the boel can do all bottles..

the standard fitting cant do swing top bottles  like the grolsh bottle you need to by the accessory for that

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update

havent been able to set this up as yet due to lock down 

however  thanks to @Journeymanfor sending over a old Bottle Capper  over to sicktoria

all i need to do is drill a hole in the capper ( i need to get down to a mates shed and do this as i dont have tools)

I was thinking of  just mounting on the Kegerator but decided i want it portable

since  then i have brough a gas manifold   its only a 2 way obviously  no shut off valve to this manifold

but  at this stage  i like the idea of discconts  so it is more portability

51kXGawNMhS._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.f174520411cd56123ae39037f83e629b.jpg

i do have  a manifold currently connected with the valve closure handles  

however not long before the itap is u and running 

• Like 1

ok  Sorry for bringing this up a bit   i know you bottlers are not keen  to go kegging and bottling from the keg the lazy man style. lol..  thats ok

evevery thing been done  but a minor adjustmunt is 2 chopping boards to mount the  Bottle capper and itap on

i gave the system a run through  with pbw  then hot water then no rinse saniters this afternoon

so thought  i might as well try and bottle a brew

i sanitisesed the 1 bottle  only 330ml Glass stubby  and a cap 

made sure stubby was cold  before sanitising and attaching to The Itap

connected beer line from itap to the back of the Kegerator which has a carb cap attached

as i have a permentline with a beer disconnect inside the fridge  that will not need removing until new lines needed

connected  gas  up via the manifold  

hooked the beer up to keg  

followed the instructions to a tea

1 attach cold stubby to itap
2 purge the oxygen from the stubby with co2
3 fill with co2
4 Pull handle down
5 adjust flow rate via the wingnut
6  watch flow rate  loosen or tighten the wingnut according to your desired flow rate
7 close the tap
8 i hit with a bit more co2
9 loosen wing nut
10 take stubby out
11 cap as normal

My 1st stubby may not be perfect  on 1st run

however though  its far the best counter pressure bottle filler i have used and this is my 3rd   counter pressure bottle filler

i found its very minimal wastage of beer and thats via the gas out post 
with the tap cooler  and the basic 40 dollar model you need to juggle things with 2 hands and there would be complete mess

Thanks to @Hoppy81 for selling me this through three chins brewing  , top stuff mate...
Thanks to @Journeyman for supplying a bottle capper to me, its been put to good use
as a bottle capper once again (temp only thou)  as i had to use my old bottle capper as the mount
for itap

i will open my test stubby next weekend to see how carbonation held up 

Thanks for listening and following and will give an update sometime next weekend on how it all went

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Too many job sheets for me. 🤔

mate   it works for me....   i only bottle when needed to

i'm not about to waste a day bottling 23litres of beer  when i prefer to keg

i brought this to make life easier for me if i go to a mates place or where ever 
i can just  wash a coupe of bottles  and sanitise of course  and fill and drink

hows it to many job sheets

its basicly the same as what your doing  Classic  except i am bottling with co2

and beside was talking you into buying this its your choice to  keg or bottle
i'm not going to knock you for it 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey OD all good, each to their own no problemo' I can organise so a bottling session from start to finish including clean up, boxing, labelling takes me about an hour. Then I have a beer, Cheers.

Thats well and good , so could i, in my bottling days.

But  wheres the to many job sheets come into though

i preffer kegging  but just want to  bottle for take aways  
and if i can carb with co2 in the process it means i dont have to use other priming methods 

I can bottle on the day and drink that same day  ya cant do that bottling  (well you can but it aint carbonated)

i'm only sharing my experience not forcing anyone to do this and i dont put down people for their own methods

• Like 2

Ok i bottled a couple of stouts into 2x740ml cooper bottles  last monday  i also did a stubby   of my American pale ale
using my new toy..

Just opened the 1st 740ml  bottle of stout      to see how the carbonation went

i'm a little dissapointed myself and i would put this down to user error.

as like most men  we dont like reading instructions and we think we know everything lol
1 it was carbonated  so happy there
2. The bottle wasnt firm like a coke bottle just bit softer .. mind you this is the 1st time using Pet bottles  so i dont know wether they are spose to get as firm as coke bottles
i did  compare bottle hardness with a coke bottle

3 i think i released the Pet bottle from the itap to quick  and mucked around with the cap

far as carbonation goes it was perfect for me  so that is a win
far as the amount of co2 pressurizing the bottle is where i am not happy but i think i will get that down pat

anyway look forward to trying the stubby to see how that goes either tommorow or sunday
20210903_154744.thumb.jpg.e92157f1f8e05e55ea4cfa7c2996bb62.jpg

Edited by ozdevil
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

i also did a stubby   of my American pale ale

OD, how did the stubbie go after the four days?  Can you repeat the bottling exercise with your stout into a stubbie then leave for four days before trying again.  Just to see if the natural PET elasticity/expansion was the cause?

3 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

OD, how did the stubbie go after the four days?  Can you repeat the bottling exercise with your stout into a stubbie then leave for four days before trying again.  Just to see if the natural PET elasticity/expansion was the cause?

Havent tried the stubby yet   , might do it now  its bnot going to get better carbonation by sitting in the fridge lol..

I feel with the stubby  i had everything rerady cold glass pressured right and all and quick to cap

stay tuned Al , i do think this is worthy device 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Here is a Stout poured from a PET bottle, Yum !!

STOUT.jpg

yours looks great but yours was carbonated in the bottle

mines carbonated in a keg  and then bottled under co2 gas   

and i only want to bottle a couple of bottles a batch  or when i am allowed out to play with my mates over a bbq
so long term carbonation is not a huge thing for me 

i'm not trying to compare between a bottle  thats had a carb drop or form of sugar measured for  carbonating to a carbed bottle with co2

Edited by ozdevil