Coopers Community

BOEL Itap

ozdevil

Hey guys 

What i am about to mention  could be a very handy device for some bottlers using unitanks  like the fermzilla ,  snubbys fermentersuarus's

its the Boel Itap   what this device is a counter pressure bottle filler and warning its not cheap device but well worth the money i think
and could be a real gamechanger for the bottling guys..

Not just that its perfect for the kegging guys     this device can be mounted to a kegerator eg  if you only have a 2 tap you may want to up grade the font to a 3 tap font and use the middle 
font place as the dedicated i Tap for bottling.

or  either purchase a new  bottle capper and use the old capper  purposly for mounting the ITap

Those not kegging but using   fermenters  like the fermzilla  how you could use this for your bottling  and bottling with  bugger all oxidisation till capping

1 ferment wort in ya deadicate unitank (eg fermzilla)
2 once fermented  cold crash in the fridge like normal and also carb the beer up
to your desired carbonation and serving pressure
3 chill your bottles at this stage as well and sanitise  with a bit of tin foil over the bottles
4 once fully carbonated  connect your gas and beer line to the itap   (you will need a gas line to itap as well as your unitank)
5 grab your sanitised bottle and place it in the itap
6 purge your sanitised bottle
7 pressurize the sanitised bottle
8 pull the tap handle down like you would pour a beer from a kegerator (no beer should pour at this stage)
9 Slowly release the side wingnut  to allow beer to flow and you do not want it to pour quick  as you dont want foaming)
10 remove from itap and cap

its very clean process from the reviews i have seen  and could change  the world for those that do like to bottle
and using unitanks    

Also I believe you can to twist tops  eg PET bottles but not 100% certain you would have to look fully into that before making the purchase

obviously  you cant use this method with   coopers fermenters  or the  barrel type fermenters

how much it retails i am not sure but i know its not a cheapy but alot of  keggers who bottle are dropping  the tapcoolers and counter flow bottle fillers for this version

its no mess and easy

cheers

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ozdevil said:

Also I believe you can to twist tops  eg PET bottles but not 100% certain you would have to look fully into that before making the purchase

He says in the video there is PET version available but it's a different model. They even have one for swing-top bottles... 😄

eBay has the PET version for AU$180 incl postage. iTap has the basic model at €99 - not sure what postage would be.

I think I'll get the duotight one from KL when it comes in - I like pretty but not for that price. 😄

Interesting implementation of the counter-pressure concept. 

Edited by Journeyman

57 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

He says in the video there is PET version available but it's a different model. They even have one for swing-top bottles... 😄

eBay has the PET version for AU$180 incl postage. iTap has the basic model at €99 - not sure what postage would be.

I think I'll get the duotight one from KL when it comes in - I like pretty but not for that price. 😄

Interesting implementation of the counter-pressure concept. 

I think you will find its an extra attachment not an entire new unit  for the Pet version

To be honest most will go with the Nukatap counter pressure bottle filler which is a copy of the tapcooler 

38 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

I think you will find its an extra attachment not an entire new unit  for the Pet version
To be honest most will go with the Nukatap counter pressure bottle filler which is a copy of the tapcooler 

No they actually have them listed as separate products on the iTap site.
EDIT: I went back and had a look - they DO have the iTap for PET listed separately at a different price but then mention it has the clamp lock for PET and that "you may want to purchase a clamp lock for crown" so looks like we're both correct. 😄

And yeah, the nukatap one is what I am waiting for - $50 is much closer to my price point. 😄

Edited by Journeyman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

No they actually have them listed as separate products on the iTap site.

And yeah, the nukatap one is what I am waiting for - $50 is much closer to my price point. 😄

you can buy just the attachment  for $50 for the Pet bottles  if one was just to have the crown seal bottles

and yes i would agree that you could  buy the entire  itap already with pet bottle attachment 

I am not going to invest in the itap myself unless my tapcooler goes belly up
then i would just replace with the nuka tap as i would only bottle  1/2 at a time

if i was to bottle all my brews and not keg and wanted oxidisation  this would be a perfect solution but still an over kill

On 7/27/2021 at 12:29 PM, Hoppy81 said:

They are an awesome bit of gear and well made. I have several in stock at the moment. You can simply change out from crown cap to pet bottles in 10 seconds with a
Seperate attachment.

i-Tap

well hoppy81  just purchased the itap from your store    only went with the crown seal  as i mainly bottle into stubbies that are crown sealed

looking forward to receiving it   , but it maybe a few weeks before i get to try it out  time i get a few other bits and sods and a stand  to mount it on

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2021 at 11:59 AM, Hoppy81 said:

They are an awesome bit of gear and well made. I have several in stock at the moment. You can simply change out from crown cap to pet bottles in 10 seconds with a
Seperate attachment.

i-Tap

Them's be MUCH better prices than the EU site I looked at. 😄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ozdevil said:

well hoppy81  just purchased the itap from your store    only went with the crown seal  as i mainly bottle into stubbies that are crown sealed

looking forward to receiving it   , but it maybe a few weeks before i get to try it out  time i get a few other bits and sods and a stand  to mount it on

Cheers for the order mate, all packaged ready to be sent tomorrow. You'll be amazed how easy it is, I've been pi$$ing around with the counter pressure bottle filler from Kegland for a couple of years and its painful haha.

Let me know what you think when you receive it, once again cheers for the order.

Regards, Hoppy

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

Cheers for the order mate, all packaged ready to be sent tomorrow. You'll be amazed how easy it is, I've been pi$$ing around with the counter pressure bottle filler from Kegland for a couple of years and its painful haha.

Let me know what you think when you receive it, once again cheers for the order.

Regards, Hoppy

i will  i have to source a couple of things for mounting it    which may take a few weeks yet

as i am going to get a mate to build a stand for it

i have used the kegland counterprssure filler that you have to physiclly hold and manipulate it 

• Like 1

@Hoppy81  sounds like the business is going well.  You don't also import Russian Brides do you ha ha...😂  They should be sent from Russia with love.

On a serious note, would it be possible to mount one of theses gadgets onto / through a fridge door like you do with a Nuka Tap setup.  I have two Nuka taps mounted on my keg fridge and have room for a third.  If its possible then I will get one of your gadgets and fix it in the third vacant spot to use as a stubbie filler.  TIA Cheers - AL

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

@Hoppy81  sounds like the business is going well.  You don't also import Russian Brides do you ha ha...😂  They should be sent from Russia with love.

On a serious note, would it be possible to mount one of theses gadgets onto / through a fridge door like you do with a Nuka Tap setup.  I have two Nuka taps mounted on my keg fridge and have room for a third.  If its possible then I will get one of your gadgets and fix it in the third vacant spot to use as a stubbie filler.  TIA Cheers - AL

yeah  you can hook them up to a keg fridge or Keezer  from the research i have done on these.   i want mine to be a bit more portable

you can also get a  g-connecter to use the itap as a  extra tap if you want 

there is also the 2-tap boel  counter pressure bottle filler   
where you can connect 2 different beers  up at the same time  but only pour 1 at a time..

2 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Haha, no Russian brides imported....yet..

I have mounted mine through a fridge door beside the other 4 Nukataps. Works great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

Looks  like it will be delivered today @ozdevil 

Not sure if you have a Kegerator but i managed to fit it on the font by disposing of the supplied barb and use a duotight fitting.

inCollage_20210810_111920740.thumb.jpg.544d82896b52c5a9c3ab461b46fe3aaa.jpg

Yes I do mate ,  I might look at that idea 

Just got work out do I want a 4 tap system to pour beer  or do I want 3 taps+itap.

Or  do I want it to be portable 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Yes I do mate ,  I might look at that idea 

Just got work out do I want a 4 tap system to pour beer  or do I want 3 taps+itap.

Or  do I want it to be portable 

Yeah i wasn't initially attaching the itap on the font but due to having odd sized kegs i couldn't fit a 4th keg in there so went with the itap.

7 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

Yeah i wasn't initially attaching the itap on the font but due to having odd sized kegs i couldn't fit a 4th keg in there so went with the itap.

I was planning to install it on a bottlecapper   

That  way I can do 750ml crown bottles as well  as the stubby.

As  on the font  it looks like your Limited to stubbies

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

I was planning to install it on a bottlecapper   

That  way I can do 750ml crown bottles as well  as the stubby.

As  on the font  it looks like your Limited to stubbies

Yeah you definitely wont get 750ml bottles under it, i had to move the drip tray to fit a corona bottle under it.

Ok Recieved the Boel Itap  yesterday from  three chins brewing  
as it was late  didnt have a great look  but  I tell you what i have seen i am impressed so far
it could be a few weeks yet before  i get fully set up as i just order extra parts for the Boel Itap and few extra goodies
and i need to  either make a stand  or get another bottle capper which will happen very soon

• Like 1