Coopers Community

RABBIT HUNT

Classic Brewing Co

I have just organised a shooting trip up the River/Mallee with my neighbor to go Rabbit shooting & camping for a few days. He is licensed of course & the other guy we are meeting up there is taking us onto a property where he shoots them, he supplies some of the Butchers. May even come across a goat or two.

Obviously taking heaps of home brew & we have been told we will get heaps of bunnies. Apart from the obvious meat recipes available I am going to do some Rabbit Jerky.

To top it off my brother is taking us out in the boat fishing.

Looking forward to getting out into the country for a while instead of listening to aircraft, buses, fire sirens etc. 

• Like 5

On 2/22/2021 at 3:28 PM, CLASSIC said:

I have just organised a shooting trip up the River/Mallee with my neighbor to go Rabbit shooting & camping for a few days. He is licensed of course & the other guy we are meeting up there is taking us onto a property where he shoots them, he supplies some of the Butchers. May even come across a goat or two.

Obviously taking heaps of home brew & we have been told we will get heaps of bunnies. Apart from the obvious meat recipes available I am going to do some Rabbit Jerky.

To top it off my brother is taking us out in the boat fishing.

Looking forward to getting out into the country for a while instead of listening to aircraft, buses, fire sirens etc. 

Successful Rabbit Hunt, we got 20 each, anymore I would have run out of freezer space.  Picture only shows 10 taken from a small Esky.

Now it's RABBIT - PIE/STEW/CASSEROLE/FRICASSE/BBQ/BAKED/ROAST/SLOW COOKER etc .... I could go on.

Anyone tried it other ways ?

Cheers.

RABBIT HUNT.jpg

• Like 3

I saw a recipe for minced rabbit which would be ideal for that, I could name them Bug's Burgers or Elmer Patties ! 

I am having a few friends around soon & I will probably have a sampling of Home Brews, Rabbit served in about 4 ways with wine etc.  Just for something different.

Thanks for your input. Cheers.