Coopers Community

Flat Beer Glasses

Beer82

11 minutes ago, Beer82 said:

Do you just use hot water in the dishwasher and no soap?

Just with the normal washing up and a Finish tablet. Other times I just rinse out with hot water and put it back in the fridge. I do try not to handle my beer glasses with greasy hands.

• Like 1

I usually rinse after drinking at the end of the night then stack them till I have around 20 then stick them in the dishwasher on a normal cycle but without any detergent or finish tablets, works for me.

My dishwasher powder is caustic based, local company makes it and it’s great, just not exactly mainstream dishwasher powder. 

I also use the rinse aid from the same company, again not mainstream stuff and never ever have an issue with head on a beer. 

Every now and then I’ll soak my favourite beer glasses in perc. 

I've only had a dishwasher since we bought this house but they all get washed in there now. Just finish tablets or powder, rinse aid is in there as well. Previously I'd soak them in sodium percarbonate followed by a hot water rinse and air dry. Every now and then I'd wash them in detergent.

Haven't had any issues with any of these methods, but if anything the glasses hold a head better now than they ever have. 

Of course, the makeup of the beer itself needs to be advantageous to decent head formation and retention. If it isn't, then it doesn't matter what you do with the glassware, the head will fizzle out pretty quickly.

Edited by Otto Von Blotto