Coopers Community

Best way to add fruit?

I did the blushing blonde recipe last time round with 500 grm frozen mixed berries that I gave a bashing to then used the clean chux cloth tied cnr to cnr. Throw it in the day after everything else. 

Edited by Navigator

20 hours ago, Navigator said:

I did the blushing blonde recipe last time round with 500 grm frozen mixed berries that I gave a bashing to then used the clean chux cloth tied cnr to cnr. Throw it in the day after everything else

I did the same. How did your BB turn out Navigator? Drank the last of mine about a week ago, unusual beer, very dry, probably a better summer brew?

56 minutes ago, ozlizard said:

I did the same. How did your BB turn out Navigator? Drank the last of mine about a week ago, unusual beer, very dry, probably a better summer brew?

Still sitting in the keg for another week, but pre kegging it was unusual as u say.

Will let you know next week  this week I'm going to try it with frozen mangoes.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 1:45 PM, ozlizard said:

I just tried  mine, it's not bad but not sure I would go the mixed berries again, tomorrow I'm doing another but with the frozen mango chunks.

19 minutes ago, Navigator said:

I just tried  mine, it's not bad but not sure I would go the mixed berries again, tomorrow I'm doing another but with the frozen mango chunks.

Did you mash the berries, or just add them whole?

Cheers,

Lusty.

I've had good success with berries by turning them into a compote/lumpy syrup by combining & heating them with some sugar/dextrose & a little water on the stove, then adding them to the fermenter (& mixing well) in this form prior to adding the yeast.

I use 1 - 1.25kgs in darker brews & the flavour & aroma is very enduring (even years later).

Just my 5 cents,

Lusty.

• Like 2