Coopers Community

All Things Salumi

ben 10

6 hours ago, Mickep said:

Absolutely beeeeaaautiful stuff BB. 

Hahaha cheers Mick mate - got a festive Brewery and Butchering Assistant here at the mo which makes handling things so much easier.... so been cracking on getting a few beauties done ; )

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mickep said:

Latest beer, homemade Dimmies and a few homemade Thia snags.

Beer is a Pseudo Lager using Nottingham. Tastes good!

Wow Mick -a beautiful thing - luverly luverly!!!

Temp you did the Pseudo-L at mate?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Wow Mick -a beautiful thing - luverly luverly!!!

Temp you did the Pseudo-L at mate?

Thanks BB, the home brew, and these other little parcels of homemade delight are the best.  Great Combo's. 

FV temp was @ 15 degrees C. When I was few points off FG I bumped up to 18 degrees for a couple of days. Tried the Coopers draught with this one with added LCM and extra Hops. Really drinkable beer. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mickep said:

the home brew, and these other little parcels of homemade delight are the best.  Great Combo's. 

Haha cannot agree more Mick mate !?!

Can you do the sausage stuffing yourself - that is - single handedly?

I have had a helper in the past for stuffing sausie time.... my festive Butcher who supplies the luverly minced meat product ingredients for me at whatever size grind I want  (who is a pro tho haha) said that they learnt doing sausie stuffing single handedly early on when an apprentice haha!

• Like 1

Haha cannot agree more Mick mate !?!

Can you do the sausage stuffing yourself - that is - single handedly?

I have had a helper in the past for stuffing sausie time.... my festive Butcher who supplies the luverly minced meat product ingredients for me at whatever size grind I want  (who is a pro tho haha) said that they learnt doing sausie stuffing single handedly early on when an apprentice haha!

I can at a pinch do the stuffing by myself but it's a disaster most times. Bought one of those 10 kg stainless steel stuffers which as heavy as all get out. So yes, you can stuff by yourself if you wish but I confess I have a helper. She loves helping with the snags so that's a huge bonus and she likes helping with the brewing too - added bonus.

She also loves fishing. Sweet as! 

I used to mince everything at home too. Found an awesome butcher who minces the cut I need and to the right size too. Magnificent! Saves countless hours of mincing and cleaning up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mickep said:

I can at a pinch do the stuffing by myself but it's a disaster most times. Bought one of those 10 kg stainless steel stuffers which as heavy as all get out. So yes, you can stuff by yourself if you wish but I confess I have a helper. She loves helping with the snags so that's a huge bonus and she likes helping with the brewing too - added bonus.

She also loves fishing. Sweet as! 

I used to mince everything at home too. Found an awesome butcher who minces the cut I need and to the right size too. Magnificent! Saves countless hours of mincing and cleaning up.

Aaargh mate bring it on - how good is that - a partner who enjoys making smallgoods, brewing and fishing... haha canna go wrong there... great stuff!

Yeah same mate cannot agree more re a good Butcher!  Gold! 

Mate not trying to blow me own trumpet but our last Bratwurst was outrageously good....  with homemade rye bread and beer yeeeeehaaaa!

image.thumb.png.6ffdfad3ce871dd0ef2b4d00b61b2db1.png

• Like 1

Aaargh mate bring it on - how good is that - a partner who enjoys making smallgoods, brewing and fishing... haha canna go wrong there... great stuff!

Yeah same mate cannot agree more re a good Butcher!  Gold! 

Mate not trying to blow me own trumpet but our last Bratwurst was outrageously good....  with homemade rye bread and beer yeeeeehaaaa!

image.thumb.png.6ffdfad3ce871dd0ef2b4d00b61b2db1.png

Bloody Nora mate, looks awesome. Haven't tried a Brattie yet. The mince mix looks lovely BB. Rye bread too. Love it! Def Yeeeehaaaaa! Where you get the casings from BB? Online or Local?

• Like 1

Just now, Mickep said:

Bloody Nora mate, looks awesome. Haven't tried a Brattie yet. The mince mix looks lovely BB. Rye bread too. Love it! Def Yeeeehaaaaa! Where you get the casings from BB? Online or Local?

Natural Hog Casings - I think they came from ButcherEquip in WA... but have also got stuff from Misty Gully - yeah for me mate it is pretty much all on-line and go to the PO 40km away to fetch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 9:19 PM, Bearded Burbler said:

And fermenting overnight at 27 deg with Bactoferm inoculation:

I just stuff and hang in the curing fridge.... 
Interesting the ferment in the pan and then stuff method...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Green Blob said:
On 12/21/2020 at 9:49 AM, Mickep said:

Latest beer, homemade Dimmies and a few homemade Thia snags.

Recipes PLEASE....

Aussie Dimmies.

800 grams Pork mince. Butchers mince not from Coles or Woolies. Make sure it has some pork fat that is visible. Even better option mince your own cut of neck or shoulder and add some pork fat.

200 grams sausage mince: 

2 small brown onions: Shredded.

1/2 large savoy cabbage thinly sliced and diced.

Optional chopped spring onion.

4 TSP of Onion Powder

6 TSP of sugar

Optional: 2 TSP of MSG

3 TSP of ground White Pepper 

3/4 Cup of Wheat starch

1 Cup plain flour.

2 packs square white dim sim wrappers from Asian grocers.

Method:

Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly until a paste is formed. Refrigerate O/N if possible or for at least a couple of hours in the fridge before placing in the wrappers.

Take the wrappers out of the pack.  Place the wrapper in the palm of your hand and scoop into the wrapper a spoonful of the pork mince mixture. Take each corner of the wrapper and bring the corners together and squeeze lightly so that the casing sticks to the meat mix inside the wrapper and you form a small enclosed dim sim parcel. Repeat until the mix has finished.

Place the dim sims on a plate with baking paper and then place in the freezer until frozen enough to then place in them into freezer bags.

Can be steamed or fried. I find the best fried results come when the dimmies have been steamed moderately before hand.

Enjoy-  the great Aussie Dimmie.

• Like 1