Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

6 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Ah no worries. I cant say I've ever seen clean skin beer cans before with such basic labeling.

I remember back in the day clean skin wines popped up, but by law these days they have to mention ABV, Pregnancy Warnings and a few other things these days. Might have thought they are selling illegal without all this info on the can. Thats what caught my eye.

Well, they are only sold on his premises & all of the brewing information is available on request.

I do understand what you are saying though.

• Like 2

Beer Cartel Advent Calendar - Day 24 - Hawkers Brewing - Canadian Christmas Part - Maple & Pecan Barleywine

• Wow, I thought today's brew was going to hurt.  Barleywines are usually a challenge to drink, especially in our Australian summer Christmas
  • Malt, malt and more malt aroma
  • Toffee and caramel flavour with toasty notes (I guess that is the Maple mentioned on the can)
  • Bitterness is well balanced given the high ABV - 10.5%
  • It became easier to drink after the first few sips and the initial high malt/high bitterness hit
  • A really nice beer in the end
  • 8.5/10

IMG_4159.JPG.7a6c29157d1d6cc01ec8ae479ae6bf99.JPG

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Beer Cartel Advent Calendar - Day 24 - Hawkers Brewing - Canadian Christmas Part - Maple & Pecan Barleywine

• Wow, I thought today's brew was going to hurt.  Barleywines are usually a challenge to drink, especially in our Australian summer Christmas
  • Malt, malt and more malt aroma
  • Toffee and caramel flavour with toasty notes (I guess that is the Maple mentioned on the can)
  • Bitterness is well balanced given the high ABV - 10.5%
  • It became easier to drink after the first few sips and the initial high malt/high bitterness hit
  • A really nice beer in the end
  • 8.5/10

IMG_4159.JPG.7a6c29157d1d6cc01ec8ae479ae6bf99.JPG

Nice, with a head too. 😊

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

My Pilot mate told me he was cleaning his boat at the Marina (3 minutes away) so I took some beers down & checked out his new boat, pretty cool with all amenities, sleeps 6 people, kitchen, fridge, shower, toilet & more.

A beautiful day on the marina with a good mate & cold beer.

20231227_151637.jpg

20231227_151652.jpg

20231227_143308.jpg

20231227_143317.jpg

20231227_143325.jpg

20231227_143350.jpg

20231227_141404.jpg

20231227_141422.jpg

20231227_141433.jpg

If I could go back in time I'd change my career to pilot. Ya need to get out crabbing again Phil.

• Like 1

Just now, Pale Man said:

If I could go back in time I'd change my career to pilot. Ya need to get out crabbing again Phil.

Oh Yeah, we will be in January when Josh gets back from Bali, I haven't been on this boat, but I am looking forward to it.

I may even be going on an overnight stay to Port Vincent, 2 hours across the gulf for a bit of fishing etc. 🐟 🍺

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Oh Yeah, we will be in January when Josh gets back from Bali, I haven't been on this boat, but I am looking forward to it.

I may even be going on an overnight stay to Port Vincent, 2 hours across the gulf for a bit of fishing etc. 🐟 🍺

Lovely Jubbly.

• Like 1

Hawkers Brewing - Four Seasons: Summer - West Coast IPA

• Their plan is to use the same line-up of four ingredients to make 4 different brews, one for each season
  • Summer has lovely grapefruit and lemon aromas
  • Floral and fruity notes to the flavour
  • Also plenty of malt flavour and strong bitterness

IMG_4177.thumb.JPG.c76cb0d31a2b5ca8aae37729e78fab51.JPG

• Like 5