Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Coopers Vintage 2023 - I should probably do a taste-test alongside one of my homebrew versions

• Strong floral aroma - like roses that have been in the vase for too long
  • Malt dominated flavour
  • Some fruit notes in the flavour, but it cannot compete with the malt and robust bitterness
  • Still a sipping beer
  • 7/10

IMG_4152.thumb.JPG.17b7ad576484bb121894c6cc83c51846.JPG

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Coopers Vintage 2023 - I should probably do a taste-test alongside one of my homebrew versions

• Malt dominated flavour
  • Some fruit notes in the flavour, but it cannot compete with the malt and robust bitterness
  • Still a sipping beer
  • 7/10

That's a nice head Shamus. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Beer Cartel Advent Calendar - Day 22 - Boatrocker Brewing - Belgium Calling - Belgian Blonde

• Bubble-gum and citrus aromas
  • Strong Malty flavour with spice and herbal notes
  • Good mouthfeel and lingering bitterness
  • Quite good 8/10
  • Do you like the froth @Classic Brewing Co 😄

IMG_4151.thumb.JPG.2cffdc31d0a228a1510f2057011feb89.JPG

My goodness 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

• Malt dominated flavour
  • Still a sipping beer
  • 7/10

I might try one of them.  Ill pick one up next time in Dan's. Their Dark Ale & Stout are both very nice.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Beer Cartel Advent Calendar - Day 23 - White Bay Brewing - You.ve Been Naughty - Red IPA

• Herbal and caramel aromas
  • Malty caramel and toffee flavours
  • Good bitterness to match
  • One of my favourite styles
  • 8.5/10

IMG_4153.thumb.JPG.e5b99c7b6dabe32f0fba3ecfc0b89c3c.JPG

Me too mate love the reds!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Beer Cartel Advent Calendar - Day 23 - White Bay Brewing - You.ve Been Naughty - Red IPA

• Herbal and caramel aromas
  • Malty caramel and toffee flavours
  • Good bitterness to match
  • One of my favourite styles
  • 8.5/10

IMG_4153.thumb.JPG.e5b99c7b6dabe32f0fba3ecfc0b89c3c.JPG

Looks a cracking beer Shamus.

• Like 1

IMG20231217163837.thumb.jpg.088f294e22296fbc138639e7bb573896.jpgIMG20231220062926.thumb.jpg.b3103a4718c27097586ea934e246e6ae.jpg

A couple from the calendar. Both good. Somewhere in the late teens. I've no idea what day it is today. Caught up in the end of work/before Christmas blur. I'll just have to spam you all to try and catch up.

Bad Shepherd American Pale Ale. Full bodied citrus and piney kinda thing. As you'd expect an American pale ale to be.

Slipstream Hazy XPA. Tropical. Easy to drink. 

I'd have another of both.

Also, some that had been hiding in the back of the fridge.IMG20231220062854.thumb.jpg.d52957779c5f089676c831cb29b42e7f.jpg

The Violet Beauregard was a cracker of a beer. I was sceptical but it was really well balanced in terms of flavour. Everything was nice and subtle. You could pick out the blueberry and marshmallow but they weren't over the top. Just enough sour to know it's there. 

The Frootie and the Blowfish, however, not quite as good.  Cool name though. It was fruit smoothie-ish. Like a bottled Boost juice from the supermarket in both flavour and consistency. It was thick. The sour/acid part wasn't that balanced though I reckon. Interesting, but I split the can three ways with a couple of mates and none of us finished our sample. One of them described it as what that Boost juice would taste like when you vomitted it back up haha. Not quite that, but kinda that 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tried this Moondog brewery Hazy IPA. It is what it says it will be - a giant glass of juiciness. More like a fruit juice drink than a beer IMHO. Maybe the bitterness is just a wee bit underdone. Very noice just the same.

413386159_349552727821879_4896962489034412562_n.jpg

Edited by Tricky Micky
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@Tricky Micky I have tried that one myself it's expensive in terms of packaged beer but that's craft I suppose.

Although I thought it was nice I agree on bitterness being under done. I would still drink it again though.

Yeah, it's very drinkable. Without realising it I've visited their Brewery in Abbottsford a couple of times 😄. I'm really not into overly bitter beers but this one just for the sake of balance more than anything could have the bitterness ramped up just a tad imo.

Edited by Tricky Micky

2 minutes ago, Tricky Micky said:

Yeah, it's very drinkable. Without realising it I've visited their Brewery in Abbottsford a couple of times 😄. I'm really not into overly bitter beers but this one just for the sake of balance more than anything could have the bitterness ramped up just a tad imo.

IRISH 0LD ALE 4.3%ABV

This is pretty good, packed with aroma & very rich complex flavour, slightly sweet & fruity with a a hint of caramel & liquorice, it is malty & surpringly has a pleasant bitter finish.

It actually tastes like it is stronger but overall makes a nice change. 

20231224_140049.thumb.jpg.f79b2eb324fbd1e6637e8b745cee9d96.jpg

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Tricky Micky said:

I have had some of that too & enjoyed it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

IRISH 0LD ALE 4.3%ABV

This is pretty good, packed with aroma & very rich complex flavour, slightly sweet & fruity with a a hint of caramel & liquorice, it is malty & surpringly has a pleasant bitter finish.

It actually tastes like it is stronger but overall makes a nice change. 

20231224_140049.thumb.jpg.f79b2eb324fbd1e6637e8b745cee9d96.jpg

Who brews these no name beers you get Phil?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:
5 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Who brews these no name beers you get Phil?

It's called the Brew Factory, he fills kegs & sells the beer cans-500ml for $4.00 each or 6 for $20, they are all very nice.

They have a very big variety & you can drink $2.00 schooners for $2.00 by way of donation. 

That's awesome Phil.

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

It's called the Brew Factory, he fills kegs & sells the beer cans-500ml for $4.00 each or 6 for $20, they are all very nice.

They have a very big variety & you can drink $2.00 schooners for $2.00 by way of donation. 

Ah no worries. I cant say I've ever seen clean skin beer cans before with such basic labeling.

I remember back in the day clean skin wines popped up, but by law these days they have to mention ABV, Pregnancy Warnings and a few other things these days. Might have thought they are selling illegal without all this info on the can. Thats what caught my eye.