Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Hazy Nectarine Pale from Local Brewing Co, I believe they are in Victoria.

Not bad, first taste it’s a bit dry, but then has a nice bitter aftertaste.

They were on sale at the local bottlo, give this a 7/10. 
‘In the background is my Pool Gazebo I am constructing, oiling it all first before the roof goes on. 

IMG_4773.jpeg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Hazy Nectarine Pale from Local Brewing Co, I believe they are in Victoria.

Not bad, first taste it’s a bit dry, but then has a nice bitter aftertaste.

They were on sale at the local bottlo, give this a 7/10. 
‘In the background is my Pool Gazebo I am constructing, oiling it all first before the roof goes on. 

IMG_4773.jpeg

Awesome RD looks good.

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Merry Xmas mate, & all the best for the New Year to you & your family. 🍺 🥳

Have a good Xmas/New Year yourself @Classic Brewing Co , I fly out to work on Xmas day (joys of FIFO), so having a bit of family over tomorrow for a bbq and a few coldies, few pressies.

Oh well, back in a week in time for a celebration on my birthday, got an AG Legbreaker IPA & an AG Coopers XPA Clone I brewed kegged up, will sit on serving pressure for the week I’m away, should be good to go when I get back. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Have a good Xmas/New Year yourself @Classic Brewing Co , I fly out to work on Xmas day (joys of FIFO), so having a bit of family over tomorrow for a bbq and a few coldies, few pressies.

Oh well, back in a week in time for a celebration on my birthday, got an AG Legbreaker IPA & an AG Coopers XPA Clone I brewed kegged up, will sit on serving pressure for the week I’m away, should be good to go when I get back. 

Have a good couple of next days RD. I feel your pain, I used to work in mining and it was hit and miss having time off for Christmas, Easter etc etc. Usually miss for me. A career change is a breath of fresh air for me in that regard. I'll never go back to it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Have a good couple of next days RD. I feel your pain, I used to work in mining and it was hit and miss having time off for Christmas, Easter etc etc. Usually miss for me. A career change is a breath of fresh air for me in that regard. I'll never go back to it.

Cheers @Pale Man, we take it in turns to do the Xmas gig, so my turn this year. 
‘Will be pretty quiet anyway so will be watching you tube a bit I reckon. 😂

Yeah I’m in tunneling on the Snowy 2 Project, Fitter by trade but a Permit Supervisor these days in the office. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Yeah I’m in tunneling on the Snowy 2 Project, Fitter by trade but a Permit Supervisor these days in the office. 

As long as you're not too busy. Hopefully goes quick for you and you get back to some nicely carbed beers.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Sounds good a government project so a licence to steal and kill?

• Haha 1

Muntons barley wine. Bottled on 20/11/23 after a miserly 10 days in the sanitised (I used bleach OMG) FV.  And no CC. OMG.

Nice and clear, a lot like my favourite, Coopers Dark Ale but just a tad maltier. Nice head and very little sediment in the stubbie.

God help me, no fancy gear, water straight out of the tap too! It's a miracle, it's very drinkable. Thank God I have survived drinking it! Amazing!

Resized_20231222_165048.jpeg

Resized_20231222_165213.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Yeh,  I forgot to mention. A miserly 10 days in the FV.  (1 more than usual) Shame on me, I didn't leave it for the mandatory minimum of 12 days. 

At just over a month old and all those errors I expected it to look and taste like Murray river water and have tadpoles swimming in it. 😁 But in second thoughts think of the additional protein if there were. 😉

Bugger, perhaps the chlorine killed them. 

I must be blessed.

Edited by Oldbloke
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Oldbloke said:

Yeh,  I forgot to mention. A miserly 10 days in the FV.  (1 more than usual) Shame on me, I didn't leave it for the mandatory minimum of 12 days. 

At just over a month old and all those errors I expected it to look and taste like Murray river water and have tadpoles swimming in it. 😁 But in second thoughts think of the additional protein if there were. 😉

Bugger, perhaps the chlorine killed them. 

I must be blessed.

I have just started a cold crash on an ale that I suspect was on FG yesterday. Only 7 days since I pitched the yeast mate sorry it did not make you're 10 days. No I did not check the hydrometer again today it is getting kegged in 5 to 7 days. 

We all do it differently OB I know you won't put me on a trial for witchcraft or anything 😄

1 hour ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

I have just started a cold crash on an ale that I suspect was on FG yesterday. Only 7 days since I pitched the yeast mate sorry it did not make you're 10 days. No I did not check the hydrometer again today it is getting kegged in 5 to 7 days. 

We all do it differently OB I know you won't put me on a trial for witchcraft or anything 😄

No hydrometer!.

I'm getting the nails and the cross  who can lend me a hammer? 🙃

• Haha 1

Farmhouse Red (sour red with hibiscus & rose petal)

IMG_20231222_203737651.thumb.jpg.d5f8f518e6d2c3528c9b5197f608dbf8.jpg

at La Sirene

IMG_20231222_203827487.thumb.jpg.eca560c2c9a32545970cbe4c5c0ccdfc.jpg

IMG_20231222_203837942.thumb.jpg.558fb28ca9bb0b8fd790faefd26654a2.jpg

Coolship collaboration w/ Jester King (US), 5yo

IMG_20231222_205718910.thumb.jpg.04710f503c15a705eddc06c268ac4c5d.jpg

The coolship actually sits above the bar

IMG_20231222_205911003.thumb.jpg.a9a9ad816f7202f9dedff346d218a3d7.jpg

The bottle shop/museum

IMG_20231222_211404793.thumb.jpg.e42ed50e41f2ee8b056979345ec9fae0.jpg

IMG_20231222_211412952.thumb.jpg.4aec510c62d75e50c4d58ba787bdf319.jpg

Dark Star 2.0, praline aged in Star Ward barrels