Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

13 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Nice Afternoon drink. Great Passionfruit aroma and flavour with nice bitterness, even better from the specials bin

IMG_8393.jpeg

IMG_8395.jpeg

Little Creatures make very good beers. Their IPA was really top notch but they replaced it with a hazy IPA which isn't bad, per se', but I reckon the IPA was better.

• Like 1

Watching Cricket. Having a beer. With a chaser. My brother in law makes his own Grapa. It's 80% proof. It's so smooth and easy to drink. F Me you could send a rocket to Mars with this stuff. I've had two shots and told my Mrs to hide the bottle. Too much and I'll end up in Jail.

20231111_160256.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Watching Cricket. Having a beer. With a chaser. My brother in law makes his own Grapa. It's 80% proof. It's so smooth and easy to drink. F Me you could send a rocket to Mars with this stuff. I've had two shots and told my Mrs to hide the bottle. Too much and I'll end up in Jail.

20231111_160256.jpg

I had a Czech girlfriend & some of her friends used to bring their creations around & they were lethal. 🚀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was meant to go to a party today but it got postponed at late notice because the hostess has the/a lurgee. So I'm unexpectedly at home watching the unexpectedly early cricket game.

I popped down to the local IGA to get some snacks and some beer and these caught my eye.

Kilkenny Irish Ale

IMG_20231111_183019664.thumb.jpg.629e64ec082c95038c74640801037ae3.jpg

I foresee a Taste Test Challenge in the not too distant future.

• Like 7

On 11/9/2023 at 2:30 PM, do not consume said:

SOmeone was nice enough to get these for us ... really nice beers. The double is quaffable but knocking me around.

Sitting in the brewery ATM

-581655395966191686.thumb.jpg.35e632743c9a58d2c6c72d12ac952855.jpg

PXL_20231109_023423775.thumb.jpg.839561d3bde8d95c0df7d506e37169ab.jpgPXL_20231109_021202900.thumb.jpg.a64aeb58d01db0bab10cae90d8152483.jpg

Big Shed are awesome and also still independent. Their original venue was a tiny tap house/warehouse. The new brewery is great. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Kegory said:

I was meant to go to a party today but it got postponed at late notice because the hostess has the/a lurgee. So I'm unexpectedly at home watching the unexpectedly early cricket game.

I popped down to the local IGA to get some snacks and some beer and these caught my eye.

Kilkenny Irish Ale

IMG_20231111_183019664.thumb.jpg.629e64ec082c95038c74640801037ae3.jpg

I foresee a Taste Test Challenge in the not too distant future.

I promise, I have tried a few times, but these nitro beers, even if they have nice flavors, are not for me, they just taste like stale beer. I feel short changed, I want my bubbles.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

I promise, I have tried a few times, but these nitro beers, even if they have nice flavors, are not for me, they just taste like stale beer. I feel short changed, I want my bubbles.

Guinness from a nitro can is awesome. I wouldn't call it stale.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Yes, I read your post on that subject.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Guinness from a nitro can is awesome. I wouldn't call it stale.

Stale is the wrong word, for me its just like flat beer. In my youth I used to enjoy my Guinness from the tab at the "Quasimodo", a little famous Jazz Club in Berlin. Shows used to start at 10.30 pm, two slices of great Italian Pizza and two pints of Guinness, always a great night. Wouldn't mind to try one of those again. Recently had a six pack of Guinness cans, nah  not my thing. On the other hand the Irish Stout at the Bob Hawk Beer & Leisure Centre was absolutely delicious. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Stale is the wrong word, for me its just like flat beer. In my youth I used to enjoy my Guinness from the tab at the "Quasimodo", a little famous Jazz Club in Berlin. Shows used to start at 10.30 pm, two slices of great Italian Pizza and two pints of Guinness, always a great night. Wouldn't mind to try one of those again. Recently had a six pack of Guinness cans, nah  not my thing. On the other hand the Irish Stout at the Bob Hawk Beer & Leisure Centre was absolutely delicious. 

Fair enough, each to their own. I've had Guinness on tap in many different pubs and find it very hard to tell the difference between the tap and widget can version.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

Fair enough, each to their own. I've had Guinness on tap in many different pubs and find it very hard to tell the difference between the tap and widget can version.

Yeah, Guinness on tap is the ultimate but I still rate the can version & the draught very highly.

Kilkenny & some of the others are also very good. makes for a nice change.

• Like 3