Coopers Community

The innkeepers daughter

9 hours ago, Efilnikufesin said:

Yep ! Anthrax fan , and the song NFL is where I got my login from . Plus it suits my general demeanour ?

Was thinking u must have been based off your name. Good luck making this nisefukinbeer. If it doesn't end up the way you expected it's not the "be all, end all"

Just don't become antisocial and ask for advice if you get stuck. There's plenty of help around in this madhouse...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 10 months later...
On 7/16/2018 at 8:40 PM, Hoppy81 said:

This kit is pretty good when pimped up. The last one i did was as follows

Coopers Innkeepers Sparkling can
800g malt
300g medium crystal
300g dextrose
100g maltodextrin
30g cascade and galaxy @ 10mins
30g cascade and galaxy @ 5mins
30g cascade and galaxy @dry hop

US05 + kit yeast rehydrated
26lt 4.2 %

Cheers, 

Hoppy

wouldn't this be a bit too sweet/fruity with so much galaxy?

The extra bitterness & malt character of the Sparkling Ale kit would work well in that increased volume recipe configuration. It's actually got me thinking about my 'Midstrength Nirvana' recipe again that I had to scrap when Coopers lifted the bitterness of the Sparkling Ale kit.

I didn't think to up the ferment volume to lower the bitterness level. 🙄

Cheers,

Lusty.

29 minutes ago, worry wort said:

wouldn't this be a bit too sweet/fruity with so much galaxy?

It has been a long time since I finished this brew but looking at my notes this is what I wrote down "Absolutely superb, massive hop flavour"  depends on your own tastes I suppose.

Cheers, Hoppy

7 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

It has been a long time since I finished this brew but looking at my notes this is what I wrote down "Absolutely superb, massive hop flavour"  depends on your own tastes I suppose.

Cheers, Hoppy

The heavy use of Galaxy, for mine, probably makes it the most polarising of the hops ... there is little grey area with them ... it is either I love or I hate them ...  I find the passion fruit of Galaxy just way too overpowering when heavily used... while I don't mind the odd beer with galaxy it is just not a flavour that says "lets settle in for a session"  it is more  one or two slowly drunk schooners ...  as an aside i thought it was just me being an old school beer dude who grew up drinking things like "Reschs" but my 3 sons who are all under 30 also think the same about Galaxy/passion fruit flavours in beer  ...  one said to me "passion fruit should on be on pavlova dad" 

• Haha 1