Coopers Community

It was bit hot today in Adelaide 43 degrees C - I should not of laid out by the pool!

Fancy a Cheeky Pint?

I finally bottled a very sad looking (and tasting) batch of an american style IPA I had fermenting away in my pantry for the past two and a half weeks, the strip thermometer was saying 32 degrees, I doubt the BRY-97 yeast would have liked it.

Adelaide summer is awful

Two years ago we built our dream home near the beach, double glazing and extra insulation, so ambient temperature (with occasional air conditioning) brewing is at 22 to 24 degrees.

My porter ran beautifully but hit 26°, I cooled it in the fridge back to 22°, the yeast stalled but thankfully it roused and started up again. I either shouldn't have panicked and just let it go, or should have got my act together and cleared out the brew fridge.

Thought it was a good idea at the time!...

lol

Good one!

I'm here in Adelaide too. Oppressive heat & humid as well atm. sad I reckon if you stayed in one place long enough' date=' you could end up looking like the figure in that picture. [img']wink[/img]

Hot everywhere across the country atm. Stay cool chaps.

Cheers,

Lusty.

Heatwave alright! I got air con installed Last Tuesday thank God!

Lets hope the power and energy supply can handle the drain on the network! A blackout would really make things sticky (not to mention my brew fridge and deep freezer!)

I'm in Sydney, and where I am in the Inner West seems pretty good. Only one blackout in 4.5years here

It only got to 44.9C way out in western Sydney. I thought it was going to hit 45C but luckily it didn't get that high.

It seems to be a regular occurrence this summer; a lot more than usual.

You're only feeling it a little more than usual because you've obviously forgotten to full body-shave this Summer Hairy. whistling

It got up to about 40C in Brisbane today, or at least at my place it did. The temp sensor on the rain gauge read 52C at one point; I don't know why they bothered putting a thermometer on it though since it has to sit out in the open and thus gets sun on it when it isn't raining, but anyway.

The weather has been strange up here the last 2-3 years. When I was growing up we just about had a thunderstorm every week in summer which often cooled things down nicely, now we're lucky to get one a month, and even then they hardly make it anywhere close to here before they fizzle out into nothing. The winters are weird too, they were always clear sunny days for the vast majority of the time, now it seems to rain more often than not over winter. Not really any storms but a lot more rain. It's like the seasons have swapped with each other except for the temperature.

If the weather would go back to how it was 20 years ago I'd be happy... lol

Archived